• E - Injustice 2 Era Players

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • F - Players from all Eras

Votes: 99 41.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Something that caught my eye about who to look for as a top level player in I2...

A huge portion of the guys who, at any point in the games life, could keep up with SonicFox (meaning consistently threaten him in whatever sets they played) are MK9-era players. After that, it generally just slides off. These same players were also among the top throughout I1, as well.

Aside from the obvious top players, there's no telling who will hit their stride or slip off.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Wut? Where did this come from and why here? Lol
Allow me to break it down for you:

I've wanted to fight Tom Brady since 2011.
I'm pretty sure if you spool through my Youtube channel, you'll find at least a few clips of me waxing philosophical about wanting to do battle with him like Olympic Gods before claiming his head and presenting it to the Lin Kuei Grandmaster as a gift.
He is the Jedi warrior from which I have derived many of my philosophies and strategies over the years.
And also the reason I'll be a Sub-Zero player, in part or in full, in every MK game made until I'm dead.
The idea to challenge both him AND Reo - who is also among my OG heroes/favorite people I've ever met from the scene - came from getting really inebriated and watching a video of Terry Funk (because ECW, Philadelphia, goes hand in hand with Big E shows, etc.) give his last retirement speech...and it gave me the idea that, since wrestling and the FGC pretty much go hand in hand anyway, why not have a few east coast fellas do some FGC Shakespeare and have a battle of biblical proportions.

As @STORMS said, we are in a drought.
A wrestling in the early 90's level drought.
We need a shock to the system. Adrenaline. Fire. Brimstone. All of it.
Hungry fighters. Starving fighters. Ravenous beasts in need of bloody satisfaction.

I should not be the only person crazy enough to jump into the proverbial barbed wire.
But so be it.
Injustice 2 and its base deserves a better class of hype warfare.
And I wanna give it to them.

Noob
Choice A doesn't exist, so scratch that off.

Choice B makes no sense since if those players are still playing MK9, they're not playing anything else and curse everything else that Netherrealm has made. Forever stuck in the past where they belong.

Choice C up to a certain extent...like the people that actually went to tournaments and not the online warriors. Voted here.

Choice D I predict that these players will have a rude awakening and will struggle. Try playing a game without relying on 50-50's.

Choice E doesn't exist yet. No explanation needed.

Choice F is a copout option. I shouldn't have to explain this either.

Which fighting game doesn't have 50/50's?

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Which fighting game doesn't have 50/50's?
I'm referring to the Overhead/Low combo starters something that I1 and MKX went overboard...and yes I am aware that there are other types of 50-50's, but the herp-a-derp ones that start combos are the most problematic.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
People who actually are willing to learn the characters they chosen. I really hope y'all hit that training room before jumping online like a lot of users didnt do in inj1 and mkx and pls chill with the rage quits your record isn't that important

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I think there's a lot of people that are gonna work hard. I think the people that are good will stay good, but also like I know my cK guys and I are super ready to just grind. I know the HRZD boys and the oD crew are gonna put in WORK. I'm excited to see what's gonna happen - I think a lot of people are gonna step it up.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I think there's a lot of people that are gonna work hard. I think the people that are good will stay good, but also like I know my cK guys and I are super ready to just grind. I know the HRZD boys and the oD crew are gonna put in WORK. I'm excited to see what's gonna happen - I think a lot of people are gonna step it up.
What about the Green boy...not boys just boy. It's just me. Hi guys.

Noob
What game doesn't have high/low starters. Don't mean to sound like a dick. I am genuinely curious as I don't know. I often hear the complaint between MK and SF. Because SF doesn't have 50/50s. But any game with a high option or a low option would by default have 50/50s.

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
I plan on attending Texas Showdown - Arena Battle 8 - and either CB2017 or Ceo2017 for injustice this my first game where I'll actually travel. I hope to be a top 5 Poison Ivy Player and Top cheetah/ Harley player. Not saying I'll come out top 8 consistently out the gate but I will be there at some point.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
He couldn't even dominate a random player on his stream that beat him 20-1 with the random player actrocitus. Sonic fox was using pre patch super girl.

In my opinion I don't think he will be winning esl just by that showing. I could be wrong. Injustice and mkx are two complete different games.
Ra i just checked and sonicfox won 13-5, did he body him completely, no but he def beat him convincingly. Plus sonic dominated both injustice and mkx.

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
I think it will have a lot to do with the characters. If there is another 50 50 heavy vortex character like batgirl then I'm thinking sonic will do quite well. Regardless I'm sure most of the people that picked up MKX quickly and excelled in that will be the ones who do well at first in injustice 2

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Ra i just checked and sonicfox won 13-5, did he body him completely, no but he def beat him convincingly. Plus sonic dominated both injustice and mkx.
Sonic fox dominated late in injustice and yes he dominate mkx completely. When I say completely meaning all the seasons that was release in mkx.

I'm in curiously what vid you watch. He got destroyed??

My point is mkx and injustice are totally two completely different games.

Tweedy

Noob
Sonic is so good at these games, that people say he got mopped when he didn't win a set by a large margin.

Get some awareness people.

Edit: Also, year 2 in fighting games is always going to be more legit than year 1. Sonic dominating year 2 of Injustice does not qualify as him "coming on late". He just dominated when the game was more developed. You guys just gotta stop being delusional and hold that shit.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Sonic fox dominated late in injustice and yes he dominate mkx completely. When I say completely meaning all the seasons that was release in mkx.

I'm in curiously what vid you watch. He got destroyed??

My point is mkx and injustice are totally two completely different games.
The only set they played lol both on sonics channel and his. Sonic won and the last year or the year sonic competed alot in injustice he bodied.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
The only set they played lol both on sonics channel and his. Sonic won and the last year or the year sonic competed alot in injustice he bodied.
And he lost a lot. Then Jupiter dominating the scene then sonic fox at the end started to dominate. Their no arguement their bro

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
And he lost a lot. Then Jupiter dominating the scene then sonic fox at the end started to dominate. Their no arguement their bro
Quick history lesson. The east coast scene was domninated by KDZ and rico at the start of the games life. KDZ and rico traveled a bit but never really touched the west coast and the midwest. KDZ won evo year 1. Jupiter started going to events after that. One of his first events was NEC after the final patch. He lost in pools. Sonicfox didn't get top 8. In around march about a year later sonicfox won Final Round and then it went up hill for him. Consistent placements. The midwest and West coast where still won by different people as well since SF was still young and was not able to travel as much. I wouldn't say jupiter dominated the scene as much as SF did. Jupiter won a decent amount. I think he got 4-5 wins. But Sonic Fox has a good amount more than he did. SF's dominance was much greater than jupiters was.