What's new

Who should get in MK X if it comes down between Ermac or Reptile if it came down?

Who should get in MK X if it comes down between Ermac or Reptile?

• Total voters

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Just curious, with Goro now in that's 7 returning Goro, Raiden, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Kano. That's 5 guys already from MK 9. They said about 8 or so would return...

So say it comes down to Ermac vs. Reptile, who should make the cut? I know some of you want Smokey and Noob etc but they're dead(I know means little in MK) but still lol for argument sake. Say we look at it from just ninja survivors. We already know Rain is a no go, Boon said so(sorry Rain fans)

Then there's of course the case of the cyber ninjas Sektor and Cyrax too.

But thinking only one of them will return(just a theory) MAYBE one becomes DLC, who knows.

But for Ermac vs. Reptile who's chances are higher you think? Who do you think would win if NRS said ok we only have one more spot for returning MK 9 character, it's going to be one or the other. But the FANS will vote on say their site! So the fans will decide!

Who'd win? Who would you vote for?

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
IT is too close. I have a certain affection towards reptile and he is more iconic, but Ermac's moveset would be so amazing in this game.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
They'll both be in MkX. I'd bet any amount of money on it.

But if just one....

Ermac.

Cyber smoke could come back huh! I thought the lk just snatched him up for the cybernetic initiative conversion!

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Given the Ermac fan art that has been circiling around and the jungle stage has been introduced, its a given that both will be in the game...

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Top 5 hopefuls

1. Ermac
2. Cyber Smoke
3. Sektor
4. Cyrax
5. Reptile (A cyber reptile would eb cool too)

I can see them doing a Ninja DLC pack or something with ones that dont make it in, or a Cyber pack.

MKF30

How is Ermac uninteresting? lol He's one of the more interesting ninjas if anything. Rain is boring and just a traitor, and Smoke is dead but with him they could have the smoke demon possess someone else. Ermac in all honestly though is more badass than both. Reptile is just iconic but tends to be someone's errand boy.

F4tal

Noob
How is Ermac uninteresting? lol He's one of the more interesting ninjas if anything. Rain is boring and just a traitor, and Smoke is dead but with him they could have the smoke demon possess someone else. Ermac in all honestly though is more badass than both. Reptile is just iconic but tends to be someone's errand boy.
Just my opinion but Ermac's back story and overall character design is generic as hell.

MKF30

Just my opinion but Ermac's back story and overall character design is generic as hell.
I respectfully disagree, but you're entitled. I think most like Ermac. To me he is far more interesting than Smoke or Rain honestly(especially Rain) I mean he's this great warrior who got scared and turned traitor on his own people to stay alive....to me that's lame and generic story honestly lol.

Ermac is made up of hundreds if not thousands of souls Shao Kahn killed into one being with great TK power, and is immune to mind control once he was freed from Kahn's magic as we saw originally in Deception when Onaga was controlling everyone. But aside from all that, give me Telekinesis any day over making it rain man lol.
But to each his own ;) Good that you like Hawkgirl E2 she's a pretty cool character. If you're reading Earth 2.

Rain in concept is cool, I just don't think he's nearly as developed as Ermac is. Rain to me is a drone, Ermac once freed from Kahn is his own character and a badass. That's my opinion personally.

Last edited:

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
Reptile has always been my favorite because of how boss he was in the original MK, and then that awesome scene in the movie just put him way over the top in my book. so my vote goes to Reppy T, but i think they will both be in

Dark

Noob
They'll both be in for sure. But one might be dlc. If that's true, I'd go with Ermac in the main game and reptile as dlc(especially if he can't speak again..). Reptile in recent games has just been a lackey and really had no impact on the story where as now that Ermac is (probably) freed from Shao kahn, he could have an interesting story. Plus Ermac is a badass.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Ermac is cool, not disputing that. But you can't have MK without Reptile. Can't see him being left out while Ermac makes it in.

Either both will be in or just Reptile will be.