What's new

Who should get in MK X if it comes down between Ermac or Reptile if it came down?

Who should get in MK X if it comes down between Ermac or Reptile?

• Total voters

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Neither, let's bring the MKT ninjas into the fold (Rain, Tremor).
Rain was in MK 9 man and Boon said he won't be in MK X. Tremor? Hell yeah, I'd be for that :) I think he'll be in this.

You say they said 8 or so would return? Who is this "they" you speak of? Nobody at NRS ever said that.
It was something I read from someone who went to either E3 or gamescon, but obviously speculation. I hope lol. It does make sense however to bring back limited amounts of MK 9 given their push for newer characters.

Last edited:

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
That's a tough one! Personally I think they are both fantastic and amazing characters. Though I voted for Reptile. I think he would fit great with the looks of this game. And with 3 unique variations would be awesome. I think his rush down variant should be something called Feral. Just him losing whatever is left of his

MKF30

Why doesn't Goro count? lol He was in MK 9 they said they're not putting everyone back from MK 9. I prefer not to count him lol believe me but he does unfortunately with returning MK characters :( lol (sorry Goro fans) I just rather see more ninjas! lol

Dark

Noob
Why doesn't Goro count? lol He was in MK 9 they said they're not putting everyone back from MK 9. I prefer not to count him lol believe me but he does unfortunately with returning MK characters :( lol (sorry Goro fans) I just rather see more ninjas! lol
Because he's not in the main game, a dlc character.

Anyway no one has ever said there will only be 8 characters except a random source that's probably fake.

MKF30

Because he's not in the main game, a dlc character.

Anyway no one has ever said there will only be 8 characters except a random source that's probably fake.
true but just going by what nrs said with returning guys but hope dlc is separate :) prob a rumor i hope

SZSR

Noob
Rain was in MK 9 man and Boon said he won't be in MK X. Tremor? Hell yeah, I'd be for that :) I think he'll be in this.
Boon specifically said Rain would be less likely for DLC:
http://shoryuken.com/2014/08/15/ed-boon-discusses-the-possibility-of-rain-appearing-in-mortal-kombat-x-teases-returning-finisher/

Doesn't discount him as part of the original roster or a secret character. That said, Boon never name drops characters without reason. I'll keep my hope for Rain until the game drops.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Both of these characters sucked in the MK9 story mode IMO. All reptile did was get beat up and Ermacs highlight was taking Jax's arms. I hate when good characters are underutilized.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Why not both? Goro is going to be (locked?) DLC hence the "Pre-Order now to fight as Goro!". So I don't think he counts as part of the core roster.

MKF30

Guess time will tell but goro dlc or not still a mk 9 returning character. I expect about 5 or so more returning guys then a huge ton of new blood.

Boon specifically said Rain would be less likely for DLC:
http://shoryuken.com/2014/08/15/ed-boon-discusses-the-possibility-of-rain-appearing-in-mortal-kombat-x-teases-returning-finisher/

Doesn't discount him as part of the original roster or a secret character. That said, Boon never name drops characters without reason. I'll keep my hope for Rain until the game drops.
Ok, guess thats hoping. But calling it now. I will be shocked if rain returns. :-P hehe

Nrs never said a number and they never will
It was one of the rumored amounts during one of The events but just speculating since boon said this game will have the most amount of guys out of any mk game. Guess we'll see.

Last edited:

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
This is probably gonna piss off some Reptile fans but here goes nothing.

Reptile's only redeeming trait is rooted in nostalgia. He was the first secret character and had cool moves from MK1-UMK3. Every appearance he's had since MK4 has been a disappointment for a lot of people. He had a cool moveset in MK9, but the general consensus is that for most of his career, Reptile looked like shit and had a terrible storyline.

Ermac, on the other hand, started out kinda "meh, another palette swap ninja." But he had really cool moves, and was an interesting character, even in the games that were poorly received. He has a huge fan base. I don't keep a tally on it, but at this point, I'm guessing he has a fan-base that surpasses (or at least matches) the amount of Reptile fans. I could be completely wrong but I read way more comments begging for Ermac than I do for Reptile.

It's a a really tough call. I honestly think they will both make the roster. I think that NRS is gonna give the people what they've been asking for (like they did with Smoke in MK9) and have Human Reptile. Since his lizard look in MK4 (and even more in MKDA... Yuck), fans have been awaiting his awesome, though somewhat boring, ninja look.

But I don't think it's gonna be straight up human. Maybe it will be similar to D'vorah, how she's totally an insect humanoid but with somewhat human colored flesh. We will probably see a scaly texture over a flesh colored skin with a slight yellowish/olive undertone. He may still have claws or spines.

If they go that route, I think they should ditch the green lizard head thing when his mask is off. It would be way less cheesy and ridiculous if when he pulled his mask off, he had a human flesh colored face while still having reptilian features; like an unhinged jaw, shallow nose, strong brows, long tongue that rips heads off, etc.).

Eh, I'm still gonna vote Ermac because I'm a biased asshole. Bye.

IROC

WP IROC
ERMAC ermac ERMAC!!! Please. Yes i liked reptile as a kid (20 yrs ago) but ERMAC. I main him in mk9. And only god knows what hideous things they will do to poor reptile in mkx. If he returns, he better be a ninja. Not a huge dinosaur. So yeah.....ERMAC

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
This vote is even close because of how cool Reptile was in the MK movies. That rep has carried over to this day and people almost tend to pity Reptile. But in terms of the number of people that played the character in MK9 it's not even close. Ermac is way more popular these days and was probably the most used character in MK9, not just because he was easy to pick up but also because his move set was very interesting. I vote Ermac because he seems more interesting both plot-wise and playstyle-wise.