Does anyone outzone kabal?

• Yes A few people

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Yeah it is his worst MU imo. I have written a book about it inside of the Smoke forums. It mostly comes down to not having armor, large hitbox, no move to occupy space on the screen, and Kabal being able to build a ton of meter extremely easily. If a Kabal player is not on point with their dashes though, it becomes a lot more manageable...but if they are extremely on point it is a struggle.
yah me and @xSMoKEx play that matchup alot haha and its basically kabal can just go fucking ham on that hitbox with whatever ndc he wants to do, which the ones u cant do on low box chars are the ones that give the big advantage haha so whoever has a large one is gonna def have problems with the pressure. and the fact u can just trade saw on reaction to a sb or just dash it if u read it early enough.

basically u just gotta be disrespectful as fuck on smoke imo in that match.. haha i always catch dan with like point blank random smokebombs right in his face no string cancel or anything LOL just straight direspect

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Only Freddy can zone Kabal. He just can't zone some like Smoke, Mileena, Liu Kang, Reptile freely but he does not get outzoned. Sindel no way can zone Kabal.
youd be suprised how well sindels zoning is in that matchup .. i mean kaabl fucking rapes sindel and doesnt need to zone that bitch, but her low projectile is godlike in the fireball wars.. also the ex does a shit load of dmg so its not too hard if the kabal is shitty and could only use zoning. but like i said im not talkin about the actual matchup im just saying projectile war fullscreen

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Depends on what you mean by zoning, which, if we're being fair, is often taken out of context.

If you mean just trying your best to replicate O.Sagat's Tiger Shot barrage with IAGBs, then Sektor would have a field day with straight missile, backwards up missile, and decent enough execution of IATU.

If we mean controlling space and conditioning, then it's a bit more of a wild card. A big problem for Sektor is the fact Kabal's disjointed hurtbox after a ground saw would make IATU whiff.

Granted, after some research and testing, I might've been on to a few ways to punish it after all, but since training mode is a liability and the spot where my scene played casuals offline went into administration, I never got a chance to demonstrate, and possibly never will sadly lol.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Liu Kang's low fireball trades with Kabal's gas blast. Liu Kang's standing fireball is getting hit by a saw or iagbs.

I don't know shit about Skarlet, so you're probably right. Realistically though, Scar probably quit mk so he's good ;)
low fireball wont trade with gasblast for the most part if they are zoning right the recovery is really fast and he'll just stay under them while shooting lowballs

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
yah me and @xSMoKEx play that matchup alot haha and its basically kabal can just go fucking ham on that hitbox with whatever ndc he wants to do, which the ones u cant do on low box chars are the ones that give the big advantage haha so whoever has a large one is gonna def have problems with the pressure. and the fact u can just trade saw on reaction to a sb or just dash it if u read it early enough.

basically u just gotta be disrespectful as fuck on smoke imo in that match.. haha i always catch dan with like point blank random smokebombs right in his face no string cancel or anything LOL just straight direspect
Yeah he salts about Sonya, but I think Kabal is a little worse. Not by much though Sonya rapes Smoke pretty bad too, but at least making her come to him is a more work for her.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Depends on what you mean by zoning, which, if we're being fair, is often taken out of context.

If you mean just trying your best to replicate O.Sagat's Tiger Shot barrage with IAGBs, then Sektor would have a field day with straight missile, backwards up missile, and decent enough execution of IATU.

If we mean controlling space and conditioning, then it's a bit more of a wild card. A big problem for Sektor is the fact Kabal's disjointed hurtbox after a ground saw would make IATU whiff.

Granted, after some research and testing, I might've been on to a few ways to punish it after all, but since training mode is a liability and the spot where my scene played casuals offline went into administration, I never got a chance to demonstrate, and possibly never will sadly lol.
not talkin about teleports or any other tools just talkin about braindead zoning fullscreen

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Liu Kang's low fireball trades with Kabal's gas blast. Liu Kang's standing fireball is getting hit by a saw or iagbs.

I don't know shit about Skarlet, so you're probably right. Realistically though, Scar probably quit mk so he's good ;)
No, Liu can definitely recover before the normal gas blast hits him, especially if he does a standing fireball.

TRIVIA: Liu Kang's standing fireball has the best recovery of any projectile in the game, and his low fireball isn't far behind.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
low fireball wont trade with gasblast for the most part if they are zoning right the recovery is really fast and he'll just stay under them while shooting lowballs
I don't want to argue, just check try it and see how it works. If nothing else, standing gas blast swings the meta more in Kabals favor because now that's something else they have to respect.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Yeah he salts about Sonya, but I think Kabal is a little worse. Not by much though Sonya rapes Smoke pretty bad too, but at least making her come to him is a more work for her.
iono dood haha id rather fight kabal then sonya tbh.. u can punish a baited ex dash while pressuring kabal and u can anti air him etc just more pressure options i think. i have to agree with dan that the sonya match is basically unwinnable at highest lvl its pretty fucking free. you can't really risk anti airing her due to the fucking moronic dive kick having so much priority. also she can punish any sb cancel full combo, will d4 your ass to the heavens and back (which is like half of smokes actual offensive game aka abusing d4 for adv and to keep them from jumping out of ur pressure). You basically have no options vs her but hope shes a moron with a carthweel u read and njp it or jumps out of a d4 for whatever retarded reason. basically all these exceptions wont happen at the perfect lvl . u cant really do shit to her she doesnt have to deal or respect anything smoke has can just be like oh u wana throw an attack out guess what ?! EX WHEEL INTO d4 OF DESTINY with a side of free 5050 10%chipdmg mass meter build fair pressure ahah

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
No, Liu can definitely recover before the normal gas blast hits him, especially if he does a standing fireball.

TRIVIA: Liu Kang's standing fireball has the best recovery of any projectile in the game, and his low fireball isn't far behind.
I thought Freddy's straight spike was? Maybe by like 1 frame but still :p

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I'm an alright Kabal player and for me, personally, I have problems against good Sindels (Forever Czar) for instance. Aside from her, I would say Freddy because of his loop with the ground claws (don't know name). This is my opinion, and is based off of online play so it'll only holds weight in the online world. If online can even hold that :Kappa:

Edit: I got outzoned the other day by Liu Kang's low fireball, but I was also playing like shit. He might be a contender next to Shang, but I'd say it's Sindel, Shang, Liu, and Reptile due to different speeds of projectiles.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"

If you think Liu kang can just standing fireball through iagbs i'm not gonna argue. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
I don't want to argue, just check try it and see how it works. If nothing else, standing gas blast swings the meta more in Kabals favor because now that's something else they have to respect.
oh i wasnt tryin to blow u up about it or say ur opinions are wrong i just thought u misunderstood what the thread was about haha. yah i feel what your saying but the standing gass blast will still go over his low fireball and since the recovery on standing is terrible youd probably eat 3 fireballs before u recovered ahah jk but its not a very good option vs lui kang on a real note in the match basically you wana just time that saw good with a baited iagb if ur trying to zone battle which mainly you wouldn't. just try to get that ex dash NA MEAN!!! haha :)

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
I'm an alright Kabal player and for me, personally, I have problems against good Sindels (Forever Czar) for instance. Aside from her, I would say Freddy because of his loop with the ground claws (don't know name). This is my opinion, and is based off of online play so it'll only holds weight in the online world. If online can even hold that :Kappa:
atleast you agree and yah ive played that guy too. you cant zone a good sindel haha im glad youve played the matchup too with a high lvl sindel. but still doesnt change the fact that bitches huge hitbox dooms her when he gets in hah. thanks for backing me on the zoning part though i know ppl were thinkin i was crazy but im just goin off my honest experience in these matchups how the zoning portion goes

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
If you think Liu kang can just standing fireball through iagbs i'm not gonna argue. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
i never said the standing mid fireball i said he can do the low fireball through iagb np.. go play a good lui kang if u disagree with that i mean its not really hard to see in that match that low fireball > iagb

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
atleast you agree and yah ive played that guy too. you cant zone a good sindel haha im glad youve played the matchup too with a high lvl sindel. but still doesnt change the fact that bitches huge hitbox dooms her when he gets in hah. thanks for backing me on the zoning part though i know ppl were thinkin i was crazy but im just goin off my honest experience in these matchups how the zoning portion goes
I agree and that dude is one tough son of a bitch to beat. I think I did once, but he also has great fundamentals.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !

Edit: I got outzoned the other day by Liu Kang's low fireball, but I was also playing like shit. He might be a contender next to Shang, but I'd say it's Sindel, Shang, Liu, and Reptile due to different speeds of projectiles.
yah i just think most of the ppl in the thread arent quite understanding the question like you and @RiBBz22 / few other ppl i think got it. they are taking it way out of context like im arguing about kabal losing a matchup or he cant get around there zoning or something with dash / reads etc. iono how to be more clear then i was or have been in these post about the actual question

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
I agree and that dude is one tough son of a bitch to beat. I think I did once, but he also has great fundamentals.
haha yah he plays a solid sindel hes gotten games on me before too .. i've never played in long sets with him though just some kings with friends of ours we'd run into eachother here and there

youd be suprised how well sindels zoning is in that matchup .. i mean kaabl fucking rapes sindel and doesnt need to zone that bitch, but her low projectile is godlike in the fireball wars.. also the ex does a shit load of dmg so its not too hard if the kabal is shitty and could only use zoning. but like i said im not talkin about the actual matchup im just saying projectile war fullscreen
But all Kabal has to worry is her low projectile. It's risky for Sindel to jump she has to worry every time she does but she can't stay on the ground for ever. Also it's very easy for 1 air projectile to whiff since her air zoning it's somewhat a 50/50 and if Kabal's fireball hits then its possibly over for Sindel already. One wrong guess and Kabal gets in for damage and pressure.

It's difficult to talk only about fullscreen since to judge who wins a projetile war you have to take into account what to respect before you throw a fireball. If Sindel didn't have to worry about ex dash it's a different story, but she can't keep Kabal away at all which means she can't zone him.