Votes: 17 12.2%
  • Rain

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • Tremor

Votes: 6 4.3%

• Total voters

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Polls like this are extremely far from conclusive or comprehensive.

1. Tiny sample size.

2. There's less incentive to vote for characters who are already in the game, than characters who aren't.

3. Someone like Scorpion might not be everyone's favorite, but I bet he's in almost everyone's top two or three.

4. This is a hardcore MK fan community; ask the same question on the street and no one will even know who Rain is.

Take these results with a beach full of sand. Having said that, I agree that Subz pulling so far ahead is pretty surprising.
Oh yeah for sure, no doubt and I know of course we have to keep in mind if someone is that passionate/crazy enough they'll even make duplicate accounts just to vote sometimes this happens as well. Perhaps, I mean this is really just a popularity contest type of question, Scorp and Sub will almost always be in MK. They'll almost always be up there, I have noticed though on different sites, MK, pop culture, etc the polls are always either Scorp or Sub often on top then everyone else usually comes in a different order.

That is what leaving characters out of a game can do. People seen most of these ninjas too much, Rain will be fresh, as Ed Boon never gives him a chance to shine.

Also, I think Sub-Zero is higher than Scorpion, because Scorpion is the annoying poster boy, and always get to beat Subby, which annoys people.
That's true, but I mean going into MK 9 Rain wasn't THIS popular as he is now. I guess indeed when you give characters a break their demand goes up. If Ermac, Smoke and Rep don't make this game you can bet your ass they'll be a lot more requested in MK 12 than the other ninjas. lol. What's funny is I've made this topic on literally every other site at some point be it comicvine, other gaming sites, etc and Scorp always wins. But TYM one of the biggest MK sites, Sub is leading him. lol I mean I like both characters and every franchises has a poster boy. SF it's Ryu, MK it's Scorp, Smash it's Mario, etc, etc But yeah Sub always gets killed in trailers he should win here and there at least.

Last edited:

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Interestingly, I never got into Ghost Rider or Spawn. Venom was my favourite comic character.
LOL, That is something else I'm 100% with you on. Venom actually IS my favorite comic character. I'm drawn to the CONCEPT of Ghost Rider or Spawn but I've struggled trying to read their comics because the writing was either terrible or overly convuluted.

NoobKillua

Anything's Possible
1. Noob
2. Sub-Zero
3. Smoke

Noob is just too cool lore wise and he's always badass looking too. In MK mythologies he was THE most talented Lin Kuei member. As Bi-Han he basically took out demi gods and killed scorpion twice. After he became Noob he was this dark being that was able to corrupt people with his powers and had smoke as his right hand man. In both the old and new timeline they always teased him being this hidden gem of a bad guy that was able to build an army behind his masters backs and strike them when they least expect it so that he can become the next ruler of Nethrrealm. Him and Smoke should literally be the next baddies with Smoke as Enemra and Noob the next deadly alliance and them be loyal to each other.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
For me, it'll always be Scorpion, even if he isn't always my favorite one to play. GET OVER HERE! caught my attention really early on in my life, and his fight scene in the film adaptation stunned me. Later on, as a purveyor of fightgame plots, Mythologies (lol, I know...) and most games that came afterward got me pretty attached to his actual character and role in the plot.

I always play he (and Sub!) to some degree in every game, although I don't think they've ever been my main.

(All this said, my favourite might actually be Sektor, but he's not an option so I didn't have to make that tough choice. Ahaha.)

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Ermac (has so much story potential...i mean hes made of thousands of souls...yet is always put in an enforcer position - then again I know it would make wayyy too many characters to develop)

Sub- Zero hands down. He’s been through it all. He lost his brother and his best friend. He became a Cyber then died and become a rev. Yet still he has recovered and is stronger and wiser for it. He’s one of the more mature and well rounded good guys in MK.

Sub-Zero has some of the best story telling. Particularly in the 3D era games. MKX was really the only game I felt like he took a back seat which was frustrating to see. But now in MK11, he appears to have his hands full with the Cyber Lin Keui, Noob Saibot returning, and I’m sure he and Frost will have some words for eachother. That’s not even counting the potential of having Smoke, Sektor, Cyrax, and Sareena in the game for more interesting story. Also it’s cool to see him and Scorpion become “best friends”. I’ve always wanted to see a brutal cutscene with Sub-Zero fighting his ultimate Lin Kuei rival Sektor. They talk about it in MK:A and they showed it in the MKX comics. But never in a cut scene. Like how?! Gameplay wise he’s always been a lot of fun to play and I look forward to maining him once again in MK11. I can go on and on haha....

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
OK my order kinda changed.

1) Noob Saibot
2) Ermac
3) Rain
4) Reptile
5) Tremor
6) Scorpion
7) Smoke
8) Sub-Zero

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Glad to see Sub-Zero taking first even to the point of doubling the second place.

Wish he was in the damn beta instead of the jobber squad

98Greener

Greenlord Memelord
Reptile has always been so fuckin cool to me, poison powers and all. I wish he'd be in MK11, but at the same time, this means he's probably on some secret quest for Kotal Kahn and won't be killed off in the story. Probably.

Hopefully. ;-;