Votes: 17 12.2%
  • Rain

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • Tremor

Votes: 6 4.3%

• Total voters

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
I saw the same question on the GameFAQs forums and the answers honestly shocked me a little bit:
Sub-Zero was first, Scorpion second and Rain third!

Let's see how TYM feels, so go on and vote! On top of that, feel free to comment on why your favorite ninja is your favorite!

My favorite MK ninja is Smoke for many reasons (actually he is easily in my top 5 favorite gaming characters in general):

1. I like Smokes power set. I like the freedom that comes with being able to turn into smoke and fade away. I also like how that visually looks in game.

2. I like his overall aesthethics. I'm a big fan of long hair on male characters. If it's white / silverish / greyish hair color, then that's even better. I also like his overall dark outfits.

3. I like the fact, that he is not all too well established as a character. That way he doesn't have a too distinct personality / motivation / whatever. It's easier to "identify" with such a character.

4. As a child I remember watching the MK movies and the scene, where Liu Kang fought a badass cyborg, who could turn into smoke? Hot damn. It stuck with me. The music made it even better. It's one of those -to me- iconic things, which I will never forget.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
1) Rain
2) Noob... Umbra
3) Ermac
4) Reptile
5) Tremor
6) Enenra / Smoke
7) Scorpion
8) Sub-Zero

I don't dislike any of them though, though Scorpion and Sub-Zero are a bit overused, which makes me like them less than the rest.

Rain, Noob, Ermac and Reptile are very close to each other in my favorite-character of all time lists being behind Mileena, Sektor, Tanya, Skarlet, Havik and D'Vorah, Tremor is not far behind, then a big gap with lots of other characters, then Smoke, and then another gap and then the overused-boys.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Smoke/Enenra would be higher up my list if they give more breath to his Enenra story.

I mean, I have this huge project about Mythological/Folklore/Cryptid Monsters from all around the world, and one of my favorite Japanese Yokai is the Enenra. I just wish Smoke could draw more inspiration from that. (having some smokey demon floating behind him for example)

NOT MY ART: http://justifiedlunacy.blogspot.com/2012/04/e-is-for-enenra.html

Scorpion has always been my favourite since Mortal Kombat (1992) hit arcades. I liked how the game made it appear that Sub-Zero was the "good" guy and Scorpion was the "bad" guy, but it was actually the opposite, as Scorpion is simply looking to find his wife and son again (at this point in the lore, we know Scorpion was killed by Sub-Zero but I believe Scorpion's family being dead wasn't a thing yet).

The concept of an undead character looking for something so simple yet so universally familiar really spoke to young me.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Well I chose Reptile. He is my long time buddy and main. Even though noob is close to him. I'm glad reptile skips mk 11. So i can main Noob without choosing between those two.

1) Reptile
2) Noob
3) Sub Zero
4) Rain
5) Smoke
6) Tremor
7) Scorpion
8) Ermax

I've been a (Human) Smoke since fighting him in MK2. For a long time, I somehow felt that Scorpion's spear and teleport better suited him. That is, until we got the version of Smoke we truly deserved in MK9. That game made me a Smoke die-hard. Though I must say, I much prefer his alt costume in MK9. I like that he had long grey hair, but it just looked really off to me.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Sub-Zero. He probably has the best told and most complete story arc in the new timeline.

He went from wanting revenge and being no different than Scorpion to being Quan’s slave, to redeeming himself in the comics and becoming the leader he was supposed to be.

Plus he has some pretty impressive feats, as a cyborg (the inferior version of himself as a fighter, as stated by himself and Quan Chi, hence why he chose to have Sub be a human as a revenant), he beat Goro and Kintaro at the same time. He beat Scorpion in the only time they fought in the new canon with both having the intention to kill each other. Scorpion even inderectly admitted to Takeda that he feels confident facing Sub-Zero only because Takeda is backing him up this time. He killed an army of cyber ninjas and seriously made Sektor look like a bitch if you haven’t read that issue. He was basically just toying with Sektor in order to buy time to save Cyrax, and when he didn’t need to mess around and waste time anymore, Sektor was decapitated in about 2 seconds.

Basically I feel he is one of the only characters in these games that actually acomplished their goals without royally fucking things up and he surpassed his older brother and all of his peers in every conceivable way.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
I'm not really a fan of the ninjas, as such. But I would choose Sub-Zero as my favourite simply because I'm better playing as him than I am Scorpion!

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
As of this exact moment:

1. Tremor
2. Scorpion
3. Ermac
4. Sub-Zero
5. Smoke
6. Noob

Tremor because he's an earthbending asshole grappler, which are three points in his favor.

Scorpion because I love his storyline and aesthetic, and his gameplay is all right. Ermac because I love his previous storyline. And then the next three, I like for the same reasons as Scorpion, but less and less.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I like Sub-Zero the best.

He has a dignified no-nonsense attitude and he plays the new role of teacher/mentor/sensei very well.

I DO think MK11 might be overdoing it a little bit though. He seems completely humorless going as far as to say "I dont have time to socialize"

I kind of want him to be less grim.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I vote Rain. Always liked his playstyle, and has a truly interesting story being one of the few demigods of the franchise.

Plus I love purple.