What's new

Who is the most fun character to play?

Who Is The Most Fun Character To Play?

• Total voters

elephantvision

Your Cousins, Sisters, 1st cousins favorite gamer
Kung Lao. The best part about Lao is almost every person does his BNB different. I haven't seen a character in the game that people play so differently. Sure the setup on Lao combos might be similar but people do some drastically different things once the BNB gets going. Lots of variety

Gunnxr

Apprentice
Kung Lao. The best part about Lao is almost every person does his BNB different. I haven't seen a character in the game that people play so differently. Sure the setup on Lao combos might be similar but people do some drastically different things once the BNB gets going. Lots of variety
I've actually been really interested in trying out Kung Lao. His combos look really cool and fun. But I've heard a lot of people say he sucks so I'm not sure :/

Vagrant

Noob
Cass is godlike at whiff punishing and whiff punishing is prob the most exciting part of fighting games for me. It's also fun to enter matches knowing you have options for everywhere on the screen and have tools to deal with whatever they do. lol.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
If you're sick of your Johnny's whiffing, Kano is a nice compliment. They have similar feel with spacing and yolo. You will have to learn how to command grab though.
..Johnny is not yolo? Not even a little bit. You can go yolo with the projectiles in some matchups but that's really it.

elephantvision

Your Cousins, Sisters, 1st cousins favorite gamer
I've actually been really interested in trying out Kung Lao. His combos look really cool and fun. But I've heard a lot of people say he sucks so I'm not sure :/
Pick him up! Lao is a genuine mid tier character. Absolute honest. Once you really understand how he plays and what he can do, absolutely fun.
Plus he has true gimmicks with Zhat setups cause he gets plus frames. You can condition opponents easily with him, they HAVE to show respect or they will be blown up. I heard a commentator explain Lao perfect one time. They basically said if you let Lao get in his rhythm off the start of the match he can make it look like the opponent has never played MK before. It's so so true.

Gunnxr

Apprentice
Pick him up! Lao is a genuine mid tier character. Absolute honest. Once you really understand how he plays and what he can do, absolutely fun.
Plus he has true gimmicks with Zhat setups cause he gets plus frames. You can condition opponents easily with him, they HAVE to show respect or they will be blown up. I heard a commentator explain Lao perfect one time. They basically said if you let Lao get in his rhythm off the start of the match he can make it look like the opponent has never played MK before. It's so so true.
Sounds like fun! Might have to try him out!

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
if so many people like other characters, then why does EVERYONE pick Sub-Zero and Scorpion. Kitana is my female so.....she is who i picked. Several others are fun too.

I want to say Johnny, because Johnny is my first main since I played MK for the first time and he'll always be my favorite MK character. But right now, in the current build he's way too frustrating because of his whiffing issues. There's like 6-7 characters where you can have fun and really enjoying the character. When I pick Johnny and the opponent picks his character, I spend the whole loading time trying to remember what's working against this character.

Right now I'm having a lot of fun with Kollector, he is a solid character but could use a buff or two.

So my vote goes to Kollector

Last edited:

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Because they're the poster children of the franchise and have massive casual appeal? Besides, playing a character and finding that character the most fun to play aren't necessarily the same thing.
agreed with both of your statements. just saying half kidding and half wondering why tons don't express their love more/concern to a degree. NRS really did a great job on Subzero in this game. All of his moves are very clever and the ice sculptures and atmosphere is amazing.

Scorpion is the only one that works on WiFi. Turn your WiFi on and try to play Kitana, you’ll see.
I dunno. WIFI is kinda up in the air for me. I play wired 90 percent of the time but a couple weeks ago I had to use WIFI for an evening. Some matches dropped/disconnected though.

Gunnxr

Apprentice
I want to say Johnny, because Johnny is my first main since I played MK for the first time and he'll always be my favorite MK character. But right now, in the current build he's way too frustrating because of his whiffing issues. There's like 6-7 characters where you can have fun and really enjoying the character. When I pick Johnny and the opponent picks his, I spend the whole loading time trying to remember what's working against this character.

Right now I'm having a lot of fun with Kollector, he is a solid character but could use a buff or two right now.

So my vote goes to Kollector
I think Kollector is a really cool character and I really want to play him but it seems like he only has one good combo. He needs some of his better strings to be special cancelable. What are you doing to have fun with him?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
D'Vorah, in her buzzed variation, is possibly the most fascinating and complex character I've ever seen. She's a rush to play with. And stressful due to the fact that something can go so wrong at any moment. I have so much fun with her.

Scorpion easy.
Sick KB combos off d2, f34 and max range amped spear, great mobility, good stagger in f3, combo paths that actually let you control the screen and he's a fucking burning skeleton.