What's new

Who is the most fun character to play?

Who Is The Most Fun Character To Play?

• Total voters

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Johnny Cage is my spirit animal, low-key. Wonderfully sub par, but he has heart, god dammit!

But for real, I love how you really can't flow chart with him. It's just reads on top of reads that change based on your opponent's habits, so when you roll somebody, it feels like you're over here playing 4-d chess.

Gunnxr

Apprentice
Johnny Cage is my spirit animal, low-key. Wonderfully sub par, but he has heart, god dammit!

But for real, I love how you really can't flow chart with him. It's just reads on top of reads that change based on your opponent's habits, so when you roll somebody, it feels like you're over here playing 4-d chess.
That is a great analogy

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
My answer: I really enjoy Cetrion and Mean Streak Kabal the most. Both require you to use your brain, quick thinking, and reaction speed to utilize them. Easier to play characters bore me a bit, so I prefer the execution (the little we do get in this game) or deeper gameplan characters. Cetrion's zoning really requires great and consistent reads, while Kabal's cancels require reads and quick reactions. Win win. Them both being very strong only adds to it since you don't really deal with bad MUs mostly.

Half the user bases real answer: Scorpion, Geras, and Erron. Because I like to win the easiest way possible.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I voted for Jade. Her staff moves are just so satisfying to hit with. NRS really nailed the sound design and animations. I also think she has the most satisfying parry. That “crunch” just feels soooo good. She also gets to jump around like a maniac and totally ignore zoning, allowing her to avoid some of the more tedious aspects of the game. And her Glow makes several ranged FB’s whiff, including Erron’s, making those matchups a lot more manageable.

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
I think that the character I find the most fun to play with is... Kano...of course, no surprise here.
Everybody that had read any of my posts about the character knows that I absolutely adore how the devs have designed the character for this game, even taking on account all his flaws.
In addition, bearing in mind that I'm a grappler/brawler type of player, this character seems like something designed by/for me. Can't explain how much I enjoy doing lumbar checks in the neutral and trying to mix up people with his tick throws while listening some HxC Punk in my headshet.
Another honorable mention is Cassie, my secondary (I only use characters that I find fun to play) . I love her neutral game and specially her gunplay. In fact I decided to have her as secondary the first time I got bodied by a player mixing up all her gun attacks (Knee cappin, Dual Wielding, Air Bullet Barrage and I believe that even a few Flipping Outs!!!), and I'm not talking about zoning, but about incorporating them in combos and neutral play. I was fascinated by this playstyle so I tried to imitate it.
Out of my mains, I'd like to mention Jax, as he can be played as another Grappler/Brawler character, something that I enjoy so much: Keep it simple, don't care about combos, don't care about zoning, only grabs, short strings, more grabs and footsies, hell yeah!!

Last edited:

Gunnxr

Apprentice
I voted for Jade. Her staff moves are just so satisfying to hit with. NRS really nailed the sound design and animations. I also think she has the most satisfying parry. That “crunch” just feels soooo good. She also gets to jump around like a maniac and totally ignore zoning, allowing her to avoid some of the more tedious aspects of the game. And her Glow makes several ranged FB’s whiff, including Erron’s, making those matchups a lot more manageable.
I can vouch for this, I really enjoy playing Jade even though she's probably a top 3 most hated character in the game :)

trufenix

bye felicia

It's a crime he doesn't have a "max distance" crushing blow on his shadow kick, that might be the most satisfying read in the game.

trufenix

bye felicia
He's got his issues, but to me, I have the most fun when I'm using Johnny.

Also, while I'm not using him yet, I wanna learn Kano for his knife-based fighting style and his personality.
If you're sick of your Johnny's whiffing, Kano is a nice compliment. They have similar feel with spacing and yolo. You will have to learn how to command grab though.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Shao Kahn for me. He’s lacking in a lot of areas but that’s the fun in it like many others have said. There have been many times where I just maul somebody to the point they just crouch block and then I hit the dark priest buff right next to them and you hear them say “wtf is that!?” And start running backwards screaming. You can tell they don’t fight him a lot lol. Plus I love hitting the taunt back breaker krushing blow. Getting that fucking 30 second taunt out is a game in itself but it’s fun.