What's new

Who is the most down played character?

Sanjo

Noob
Jade because I'm vocal.
Nobody else has as much conviction to get their main to top tier as I do, mainly because of the struggle in mk9 and never being heard.
And down playing her is the way ? In any case, there were a lot of Jade players at Evo. She seems very popular. Do you think it plays in her favor on her road to top tier or the opposite

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
And down playing her is the way ? In any case, there were a lot of Jade players at Evo. She seems very popular. Do you think it plays in her favor on her road to top tier or the opposite
I'm not donwplaying her, I legit think she's trash. But to people who never actually lab characters they don't play, she seems downplayed.
I have self critics, I understand that I'm obnoxious but I didn't get successful in real life by staying silent either. I'm a fucking eightball and I'll say what I think.
On that same token I'll simply admit if I'm wrong, which I prefer to be.
You never learn anything if you're right.

Last edited:

Sanjo

Noob
I'm not donwplaying her, I legit think she's trash. But to people who never actually lab characters they don't play, she seems downplayed.
Define "trash". The way I see her, she is just as good as Noob and I think he is strong but needs more mental efforts than top tiers. He can beat them for sure but the way to do it requires a good deal of strategy and conditionning.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Define "trash". The way I see her, she is just as good as Noob and I think he is strong but needs more mental efforts than top tiers. He can beat them for sure but the way to do it requires a good deal of strategy and conditionning.
This is not the Jade thread so let's not discuss her here.

seanpon

Noob
Ohh... I really wanted To know what is "trash" for you, not necessarily about Jade. I want to understand the struggle of other players. Won't you help?
There's like dozens of pages on the Jade thread going over all her strengths and weaknesses, everything you need to know about the character you'll find there. There's honestly too much too repeat here again when its all been said already in her thread

Sanjo

Noob
There's like dozens of pages on the Jade thread going over all her strengths and weaknesses, everything you need to know about the character you'll find there. There's honestly too much too repeat here again when its all been said already in her thread
Read carefully my post please. It's not about Jade but about what you people put behind the word "trash".

1. Jade to many mains act like she is the worst in the game
  2. Johnny / Scorpion
  3. Kollector Back In The Pack/Spare Change, they where good before the buffs.
  4. Baraka 60% touches
  5. Kabal Mean Streak
  6. Shang Tsung Warlock good at everything
Jade has no big combos that she can do midscreen without a terrible launcher .. lui kang does everything she can but better .

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Jade has no big combos that she can do midscreen without a terrible launcher .. lui kang does everything she can but better .
You can say that about half the cast. She isn't top tier but she is solid and fully capable of placing top 8's as demonstrated by several members of the FGC.
Kotal was arguably the worst character pre-patch but was still effective in tournament. Jade got massive buffs in her Jaded variation making her plus 3 off every string since it jails forcing them to guess between pole vault BF3/cancel/plus three. So essentially she has mix off everything now. Having that variation helps her in several matchups ED struggles in.

seanpon

Noob
You can say that about half the cast. She isn't top tier but she is solid and fully capable of placing top 8's as demonstrated by several members of the FGC.
Kotal was arguably the worst character pre-patch but was still effective in tournament. Jade got massive buffs in her Jaded variation making her plus 3 off every string since it jails forcing them to guess between pole vault BF3/cancel/plus three. So essentially she has mix off everything now. Having that variation helps her in several matchups ED struggles in.
"Placing top 8's as demonstrated by several members of the FGC". I don't remember that happening man in a big tournament lol. Kitana prime took her pretty far in combo breaker outside top 8, but the game was still pretty new back then and people were learning. Waz played more Shang at Evo and Kitana prime still plays her but hasn't made top 8 with her in a major tournament. And kotal isn't really "effective" in tournament. Furious pillow had a nice run with Kotal, but outside that, Kotal players haven't been placing too high.

Listen man her jaded buff was a gimmick - it’s still not viable and I’m never giving up my low projectile and air razor to be able to run .. she’s giving up too much for too little. Anyways any jade main will agree . I’ve labnbed it for hours - at the Demi god level jaded variation cannot compete with anyone

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
damn this basically turned into a Jade thread.

Anyways back on topic it's still early to say but if I had to pick one maybe Scorpion? (then again only scrubs thought he was completely screwed so maybe that doesn't count?) and Shang considering the only real nerf he had was ground eruption but that puts him a little more in line with the rest of the cast in terms of damage and still has everything else

DelilahKane

I’m not your baby.
Listen man her jaded buff was a gimmick - it’s still not viable and I’m never giving up my low projectile and air razor to be able to run .. she’s giving up too much for too little. Anyways any jade main will agree . I’ve labnbed it for hours - at the Demi god level jaded variation cannot compete with anyone
Not only are you dead sexy, but 100% correct. It's a nice plus 3 in the corner, but it's not game changing.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Jade's annoying af. You attempt to rush her down, get an ex glaive to the face for your troubles. If ye block ex glaive,, derp here's a low crouching d4 , thank you may I have another. Bint decides not to ex glaive, heh free jump in. Wouldn't call her OP or anything, but my personal most annoying match up. Next character I tinker with is going to give this dame more headaches mu wise. :mad: