What's new

Who is the biggest upplayer for each character?

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
He's the smart one.
I'm all for discussing. But shouldn't the best of each character opinion hold more weight? Especially if they play each other constantly?
No because how dare a consistent top 8 placer's opinion on their character hold more weight than an online warrior that hasn't proven anything in an offline tournament. That's just illuminati talk :DOGE

@GGA 16 Bit DJT patience applies to all aspects of his life for the most part lol, if we ever argue, eventually he'll just start ignoring me and he won't say anything (which makes me hella salty #YEEAAPPP). @Tm_whiteboi DJT got 4 evo medals, but when he tried to say that GL didn't lose to GA (some GA players called it 7 3 GA lmao), they just ganged up on him and disregarded his opinion......., I always update him on TYM drama/ interesting threads because he still reads things on TYM/ comes here for tech/ videos and that's about it.

Last edited:

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Don't make me burn my eyes again.
You literally said you beat every Bane except Max but its a 7-3 in Bane's favor. Pardon me for thinking Max is just that much better than you at that one particular matchup. Other Doomsdays have said it's 5-5, but they don't have the credentials you do so they must be wrong, right?

E

Eldriken

You literally said you beat every Bane except Max but its a 7-3 in Bane's favor. Pardon me for thinking Max is just that much better than you at that one particular matchup. Other Doomsdays have said it's 5-5, but they don't have the credentials you do so they must be wrong, right?
I say it's 6-4 in Bane's favor. I think it's one of the few things Whiteboi and I don't agree on. =P

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I say it's 6-4 in Bane's favor. I think it's one of the few things Whiteboi and I don't agree on. =P
But I'm an idiot for thinking the matchup # is up for discussion and not a concrete 7-3 in Bane's favor just because Max sent Whiteboi packing when literally nobody else had ever suggested it's that bad. Fuck outa here.

cR_whiteboi

Jobbers are mouthpieces for gods.
It's not about credentials. It's the fact that bane players aren't playing the mu right and I can get why doomsday players might think that. I use to as well. But only max is playing it right and I doubt they've played him as much as I have.

cR_whiteboi

But I'm an idiot for thinking the matchup # is up for discussion and not a concrete 7-3 in Bane's favor just because Max sent Whiteboi packing when literally nobody else had ever suggested it's that bad. Fuck outa here.
You threw out my opinion like there's no chance. Yet you made a stupid joke when I asked what am doing wrong in the mu, when I said I could be wrong. I think it's 3-7. Now you guys have your opinion that 4-6. But that's mine

E

Eldriken

It's not about credentials. It's the fact that bane players aren't playing the mu right and I can get why doomsday players might think that. I use to as well. But only max is playing it right and I doubt they've played him as much as I have.
You have a point. Max could probably beat me into submission to where I might think it's 7-3.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
They're questioning whether you're playing it right or not though just the same. And despite your credentials, you should respect that too. You might be the best (and I would absolutely argue that you are, without question) but that doesn't mean you're the best at this particular matchup.

One of Doomsday's worst wake ups in other matchups can actually regulate some of Bane's options in this one. Bane has to get in just like DD does and unless he goes directly to lvl 3, Doomsday's trait can make things happen. Bane has superb footsies in d1/d2 range but Doomsday has better footsies just outside it. Bane can't approach without his floaty ass jump and punishable dash just like DD can't approach without worrying about d1/d2.

I'm not even saying it's even or my opinion matters compared to anyone's but it just doesn't seem 7-3 to me. Doomsday just has to play more patient than usual and Bane can't really approach without risk either. And yes, dashes into armored moves are a risk too when DD can bait and whiff punish them to regain momentum easily. Bane has to commit to approach and only a select few seem to give a fuck about that.

I know you're probably thinking I'm an ass for trying to tell you of all people how to play the matchup and I get that. I was rooting for you and amazed at how damn fucking good you are against the supposed best Injustice player there is at the last major. I'm really a fan. But I do question a 7-3 and I think I have the right to. That shouldn't incur insults; a 7-3 is really kind of extreme. I'm open-minded to the fact thay I'm nowhere near the highest level and could be wrong though; I just need to see more than "how do I even approach a character who can't do anything to me if I don't approach."

Same goes with Catwoman. "What do I do from jump range?" Wtf does Bane do just the same? Catwoman's J2 and b3 ourange his d1 and d2 and his dash is punishable but it's always how do I approach Bane not how does Bane approach me.

For the record I think Bane is easily top 10. I don't think he's top 5 and I think Doomsday is top 10 as well. I love the characters I play and really feel I know how amazing they are. I don't think they're on the same level as AM, MMH, Zod and Batgirl though. Those characters can approach without risk and/or don't even have to. That's the major difference. I think I'm being reasonable.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
You threw out my opinion like there's no chance. Yet you made a stupid joke when I asked what am doing wrong in the mu, when I said I could be wrong. I think it's 3-7. Now you guys have your opinion that 4-6. But that's mine

Dude I respect your opinion as much as anyone's if not more but people who disagree deserve the same respect too. The matchup hasn't been explored enough to say it's one way or the other. It could be the players, it could be the characters or it could be some combination. Basing the numbers entirely off of you versus Max is hard to just swallow without seeing the matches and understanding everything you're doing that can't be done differently though. I'm siding with HuntR in spite of how much better a player you may be based on results because I've played him, know he's godlike, and know the matchup has never seemed THAT bad no matter how much better the other player was when I picked Doomsday against someone's Bane.

I could play Max tomorrow and change my tune entirely. I admit that. When the accepted number is 6-4 though its up to the people saying its 7-3 or 5-5 to prove why though, no?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Same goes with Catwoman. "What do I do from jump range?" Wtf does Bane do just the same? Catwoman's J2 and b3 ourange his d1 and d2 and his dash is punishable but it's always how do I approach Bane not how does Bane approach me.

His walk speed is better so walking is a better option. Compare him walking forward to her walking back. His command grab has comparable range to her f+1 and is significantly better. His jump ins are better. She has to take risks for her keep out while he can play the reactionary role. Then you factor in the risk/reward and it should make sense that it's more of a problem for her than him.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
His walk speed is better so walking is a better option. Compare him walking forward to her walking back. His command grab has comparable range to her f+1 and is significantly better. His jump ins are better. She has to take risks for her keep out while he can play the reactionary role. Then you factor in the risk/reward and it should make sense that it's more of a problem for her than him.
His jump-ins are better than what? Grundy's? His walk speed can compare with her jb2's? She has a harder time, sure, but she's not just completely hopeless here.

cR_whiteboi

Dude I respect your opinion as much as anyone's if not more but people who disagree deserve the same respect too. The matchup hasn't been explored enough to say it's one way or the other. It could be the players, it could be the characters or it could be some combination. Basing the numbers entirely off of you versus Max is hard to just swallow without seeing the matches and understanding everything you're doing that can't be done differently though. I'm siding with HuntR in spite of how much better a player you may be based on results because I've played him, know he's godlike, and know the matchup has never seemed THAT bad no matter how much better the other player was when I picked Doomsday against someone's Bane.

I could play Max tomorrow and change my tune entirely. I admit that. When the accepted number is 6-4 though its up to the people saying its 7-3 or 5-5 to prove why though, no?
That's fine. Then have them play him. When I've asked about it I've only see things I've tried already it doesn't help. But if they play him and I see something different ill look into it. I could be playing it wrong, I'd like that to be the case. I don't want a 7-3 lol. If I'm proven wrong and see something new great I don't want to feel helpless.

E

Eldriken

That's fine. Then have them play him. When I've asked about it I've only see things I've tried already it doesn't help. But if they play him and I see something different ill look into it. I could be playing it wrong, I'd like that to be the case. I don't want a 7-3 lol. If I'm proven wrong and see something new great I don't want to feel helpless.
I just turtle like a little bitch against Bane until his Venom wears off. I punish careless moves during that time if the Bane player slips up.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
His jump-ins are better than what? Grundy's? His walk speed can compare with her jb2's? She has a harder time, sure, but she's not just completely hopeless here.

His jump ins are better than hers(in this mu). His AA is godlike and he makes her play an additional layer of guessing even if he fails to AA and blocks.

No, he uses barge and d+2 to scare her from doing jump back 2. Once she's conditioned to play the footsies game he can approach.

No one is saying it's completely hopeless. But it's very, very difficult.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I just turtle like a little bitch against Bane until his Venom wears off. I punish careless moves during that time if the Bane player slips up.

That's where I'm at. I feel like DD can turtle. I also respect Whiteboi enough to know he would've tried whatever he could've though. But I also suspect Max might be better than EVERYONE else. So I don't know where the fuck I stand, to be honest.

But I try to remain respectful of all opinions until children come in talking shit and declaring Bane guaranteed top 5 despite them doing nothing of note.