What's new

Who is the biggest upplayer for each character?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So you're telling me that I can Barge on reaction to your jump back and it will catch you out of that same jump? Jb2, empty jump, whatever? Reactionary Barge will beat it?

Also, does this evade chart still apply?

Bane
Specials
  • Double Punch(H)
Just asking because I don't ever really see footsies command grabs baited and punished with it. Among many other things.

And MIT, nobody is saying Bane doesn't out-footsies Catwoman. I'm just playing devil's advocate for Ra Helios' one claim that well-timed jb2's do a lot to keep him in check because it hasn't really been countered yet, unless you count being told that a move with 32 frames of start-up that's full combo punishable on whiff, evade, or mbb3 is beating a jump back on reaction.
Depends on the range, however 32 frames is a bill, its more in the neighborhood of 25. Likewise, if you hit someone who has armor, your move automatically becomes a few frames slower. Its been tested and proven as such.
So catwoman doing a j.b.2 and Bane seeing her feet leave the ground opens up the barge option. It does, and it can be done on reaction to her jumping in general. Its an OS. If she attacks, she gets eaten because she is forced to land directly into us. If she doesn't attack, or does it super early, she lands and can block but now is in DP/Grab range and we are at -5 with a possible stagger.

I fixed the chart for you.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Depends on the range, however 32 frames is a bill, its more in the neighborhood of 25. Likewise, if you hit someone who has armor, your move automatically becomes a few frames slower. Its been tested and proven as such.
So catwoman doing a j.b.2 and Bane seeing her feet leave the ground opens up the barge option. It does, and it can be done on reaction to her jumping in general. Its an OS. If she attacks, she gets eaten because she is forced to land directly into us. If she doesn't attack, or does it super early, she lands and can block but now is in DP/Grab range and we are at -5 with a possible stagger.

I fixed the chart for you.

Appreciate the info, Doom Bark. I was thinking more empty jump into MBB3 to punish said baited Barge, but it still seems like a very situational way to deal with Bane's approach nonetheless.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Appreciate the info, Doom Bark. I was thinking more empty jump into MBB3 to punish said baited Barge, but it still seems like a very situational way to deal with Bane's approach nonetheless.
Bane is only at -11 when he collides with something or someone, so if you are trying to MB b.3 him, his clip off of your armor would set him at about -18. If Catwoman's MB b.3 isn't under 18 frames, she isn't getting a punish.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
From what I read:

"Bane bodies CW because Max bodies Bit. Fuck you if you don't believe"

Whereas Ra Helios is giving reasons to why the MU maybe not be as bad as people make it out to be in a respectfully manner, and even managed to convince a top Bane player that the MU may not be that bad.

Idk what the MU is but I'm riding with Ra on this one. If that makes me an "idiot" or "dumb", then so be it. At least I have a mind of my own.
This is a far cry from the days when every post in relation to a Frost MU was:

"Disagree with frost. That's a 6-4 in her favor. I don't see how that could be 5-5 at all"

You have improved.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
We give up on people who want to discuss insanity by taking an online player word vs a 3x Evo placer and a player w 29+ top 8s
Sorry Pig but c'mon, do you not see the hasty judgement/bias in that statement? Online players aren't necessarily bad, and their opinions aren't necessarily wrong. They have the lab offline to practice matchup-related tech to make sure it does actually work and isn't just an online thing. Just because someone has the opportunity to get to competitions to prove themself doesn't make the online players any less good. Keep in mind that two people that started as online players are considered two of the best at this game... Just saying :)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Sorry Pig but c'mon, do you not see the hasty judgement/bias in that statement? Online players aren't necessarily bad, and their opinions aren't necessarily wrong. They have the lab offline to practice matchup-related tech to make sure it does actually work and isn't just an online thing. Just because someone has the opportunity to get to competitions to prove themself doesn't make the online players any less good. Keep in mind that two people that started as online players are considered two of the best at this game... Just saying :)
I get 99% off my training and practice from online

I'm the original online warrior

The difference is I understand all must be tested offline and online and my opinion wouldn't matter without solid evidence and proof

Rally Jackson giving bane #s does not qualify

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
This "online player opinion" debate reminds me of that old stuff that Seth Killian used to have to right about with cheapness and throws lol. The conversation just keeps going in circles and we can't move forward because everyone is so stuck on this topic.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Seeing as this thread like the majority of all the others on tym has completely strayed off topic,id just like to thank Jehovah for another day and to say that there's nothing better than a cup of tea and a good old kick in the bollocks.
good evening gents.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Seeing as this thread like the majority of all the others on tym has completely strayed off topic,id just like to thank Jehovah for another day and to say that there's nothing better than a cup of tea and a good old kick in the bollocks.
good evening gents.
hey that one with about giving that one sinestro player in chile tips against manhunter stayed on topic! Sinestro community > all :p

Now this will probably cause me to be a uppplayer of NW so here it goes....

I think NW beats aquaman 6-4 and I can give reasons.

Lay it out. I'm curious.
Ok well NW outzones him in staff stance. Also in staff stance NW out footsies him. NW can also limits aquaman from jumping in on him and NW wins in the neutral game. Aquamans only advantage is the damage. B1 in staff really shits on aquas footsie game. Aquaman is pretty much forced to play my game. NW wins in footsies, neutral game, zoning and mobility. NWs staff normals have more range. Its obvious in NWs favor imo. Im still working on my verbal explanations but im sure u get where im going with this lol.

Whether they put out matchup charts or "rebelo" their respective characters, or if they're just flat out confident, who sells their character (or any character) higher than anyone else?

List is subject to change:

Aquaman- Everybody.
Ares- Breakin Wordz
Bane- GGA 16 Bit
Batgirl- SonicFox
Batman-
Black Adam-
Catwoman- Empr Murk (RED HOT!!!!)
Cyborg- Kinetic Balding
Deathstroke- King Hippo
Doomsday- Noobe
Flash- Perfect Legend
Green Arrow-
Green Lantern-
Harley Quinn- Saltface
Hawkgirl- Trepound
The Joker- Sonicfox
Killer Frost- The whole KF community
Lex Luthor-Emperor Jupiter
Lobo- GGA Saucy Jack
Martian- Everybody
Nightwing-Forever Elite
Raven- Wonder Chef :joker:
Scorpion- GOTS manhunter
Shazam-MashPotatoTower
Sinestro-
Solomon Grundy- B Wizz
Superman-
WoWo- A F0xy Grampa
Zatanna- Deg
Zod- Khaotic Armor
I disagree with SonicFox as a Batgirl upplayer because he's taking tournaments left and right with her.

Ok well NW outzones him in staff stance. Also in staff stance NW out footsies him. NW can also limits aquaman from jumping in on him and NW wins in the neutral game. Aquamans only advantage is the damage. B1 in staff really shits on aquas footsie game. Aquaman is pretty much forced to play my game. NW wins in footsies, neutral game, zoning and mobility. NWs staff normals have more range. Its obvious in NWs favor imo. Im still working on my verbal explanations but im sure u get where im going with this lol.
I agree with this unless we're talking respawning interactable stages.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I don't even know why I'm going to dignify such garbage with a response but she doesn't have to evade every single special he throws out to win. She can evade the Barge Bane is allegedly using to counter her jb2 when she lands. She can evade a command grab in footsies on a read. She can evade a tic throw off blocking a normal. It's not foolproof but it's an option she has that can turn the match in her favor if utilized EVER as opposed to NEVER.

And maybe you're right and you should try to parry more instead of just spamming d2 - acid as your Bane counter of choice.

I'm not sure why I'M dignifying this with a response, but do you know that you can't parry/avoid the charge?

Do you also know that Joker's parry has almost no active frames and is mostly recovery? Finally, do you know that setting teeth on the ground and blocking works better in almost every non-wakeup situation (And Joker's parry can't be used as a wakeup because it's dumb, so I can't just get up and parry a meaty hit even if I guess right).

As for the last part, where are you getting this spamming D2>acid spray idea from? I mean it is a really good option, but not really the backbone of how you should play the matchup.

That said I am sorry for disrupting this already stupid reaction. I just wanted to point out that your suggestion is almost a year outdated.