What's new

Who is the biggest upplayer for each character?

Naw that "I make top 8 so im right you're wrong" shit is for the birds. I haven't seen any reasons on why the mu is 7-3/8-2 besides 16bit getting his ass bodied by max. NOT ENOUGH or no where near it.
im pretty sure other bane players listed reasons as to why its 7-3 lol

And im pretty sure biohazard (top 8 placer) said it could be 6-4. Ijs
Keyword man. It COULD be...but it COULD NOT be as well. Plus if you guys are going off the whole only listening to one top player excuse then we can pull the same card lol It's just one player that said it COULD be....while all the others are saying otherwise lol

Keyword man. It COULD be...but it COULD NOT be as well. Plus if you guys are going off the whole only listening to one top player excuse then we can pull the same card lol It's just one player that said it COULD be....while all the others are saying otherwise lol
I mean thats pretty much what you guys are going off of too and been doing so since the subject was brought to light. So the "COULD BE" you tried to apply also applies to the "COULD BE" that the mu is 7-3/8-2. Ijs lol

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
This is so fucking gold.

But in all seriousness, it's been argued that Doomsday isn't that great, Noobe and Whiteboi just are. Yet when it comes to Bane, even when Max is the only one bodying some people, I've yet to hear anyone give him the same sort of props and benefit of the doubt rather than his character.

If a Doomsday beats every Bane except Max's, does that make it a 7-3 for Bane, or does that make you a 7-3 for Max? Same with Catwoman - Bane. Same with anyone beating every Aquaman except Theo's or anyone beating every Batgirl except Sonic Fox's. Does playing them automatically set the actual matchup number in stone or just confirm that they're on another level as players? Hard to say for sure.

And yet people are saying for sure its one way for one character and another for the next. GTFO.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Max does get props. His footsies are on another level compared to any other Bane I've played. Probably top 5 overall.

This is so fucking gold.

But in all seriousness, it's been argued that Doomsday isn't that great, Noobe and Whiteboi just are. Yet when it comes to Bane, even when Max is the only one bodying some people, I've yet to hear anyone give him the same sort of props and benefit of the doubt rather than his character.

If a Doomsday beats every Bane except Max's, does that make it a 7-3 for Bane, or does that make you a 7-3 for Max? Same with Catwoman - Bane. Same with anyone beating every Aquaman except Theo's or anyone beating every Batgirl except Sonic Fox's. Does playing them automatically set the actual matchup number in stone or just confirm that they're on another level as players? Hard to say for sure.

And yet people are saying for sure its one way for one character and another for the next. GTFO.
lol wat......people know max as the best bane...what are you talking about lol yeah you have people that say his character is broke but they also know he's the best with bane lol

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I consider the possibility that I am simply not a good enough Catwoman every day.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
lol wat......people know max as the best bane...what are you talking about lol yeah you have people that say his character is broke but they also know he's the best with bane lol
Come on, HomeFries! Reading comprehension, bro. This is why you're not GOTS material.

Knowing someone is the best with their respective character does not equate to admitting they might be that much better with their character than other players are with theirs. For example, if Digit and Theo are the best with their respective characters, does that mean Digit and Theo are on the same level as players?

It's possible for one of the top players to be better than another top player. It's what I was told is the reason Doomsday does so well even though he's a pretty middle-of-the-road character (allegedly). So what I'm suggesting is that it's possible Max is just that much better than other players moreso than Bane is just that dominant in some of these matchups.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I consider the possibility that I am simply not a good enough Catwoman every day.
I don't even think that's in question. I think the question is just if Max is THAT good a Bane, not if you aren't a good enough Catwoman. Anyone who's ever seen you in a top 8 slaughtering people on knockdown as if YOU were playing Bane knows you're good enough.

It could always also be more of a someone having your number sort of thing than just a skill level thing too...

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I don't even think that's in question. I think the question is just if Max is THAT good a Bane, not if you aren't a good enough Catwoman. Anyone who's ever seen you in a top 8 slaughtering people on knockdown as if YOU were playing Bane knows you're good enough.

It could always also be more of a someone having your number sort of thing than just a skill level thing too...

It could be. I am not just talking Bane either. Slips, Theo and Cowboy also body me and I question how much is me and how much is the match up.

I don't declare match up numbers lightly, especially extreme ones, despite what people may think about my TYM persona. Except when I'm salty but that doesn't count.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
As I said before, if two top 8 placing bane players disagree on something regarding banes mu then its up for discussion.
Okay, I have 2 top 8 placers who are disagreeing as well. And like coolwhip said, why don't you actually discuss why the MU isnt 3-7/2-8 instead of regurgitating a load of shit out of your mouth? You've brought ZERO meaningful discussion about this MU. Give me some REASONS why Catwoman doesn't get absolutely destroyed by bane. Tell me what she's supposed to do in the neutral, on knockdown, in the corner, after she knocks bane down. Stop being a goddamn sheep and bring up some legitimate points or stop talking out your ass about what the match up number is.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I'm pretty sure 16bit (multiple top 8 plaver & EVO finalist) & GGA Max (top 8 placed) both said if could be 3-7/2-8
Uh, that's been established. Their credentials support their claims, not cement them. Other Banes who've placed might disagree, Max might just have Bit's number, possibility of skill gap, etc.

Murk might have less credentials than other Nightwing players but that doesn't mean he can't be the best of them at the Bane matchup (which is actually the case too, IMO).

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
It could be. I am not just talking Bane either. Slips, Theo and Cowboy also body me and I question how much is me and how much is the match up.

I don't declare match up numbers lightly, especially extreme ones, despite what people may think about my TYM persona. Except when I'm salty but that doesn't count.

And I don't blame you for questioning how much of it is the matchup and how much is the player with that handful right there. Anyone who's ever played any of them knows they're the best of the best of the best of the best.

They're like TrueSkill 40+'s. :DOGE

Blind_Ducky

Uh, that's been established. Their credentials support their claims, not cement them. Other Banes who've placed might disagree, Max might just have Bit's number, possibility of skill gap, etc.

Murk might have less credentials than other Nightwing players but that doesn't mean he can't be the best of them at the Bane matchup (which is actually the case too, IMO).
We're not talking about the Nightwing bane MU. I brought up the top 8 thing because all murk is doing is spewing lol banes with top 8 say its 4-6 therefore 4-6 even though other people who have top 8s say it isn't but naw it's definitely 100% 4-6 no question.

Okay, I have 2 top 8 placers who are disagreeing as well. And like coolwhip said, why don't you actually discuss why the MU isnt 3-7/2-8 instead of regurgitating a load of shit out of your mouth? You've brought ZERO meaningful discussion about this MU. Give me some REASONS why Catwoman doesn't get absolutely destroyed by bane. Tell me what she's supposed to do in the neutral, on knockdown, in the corner, after she knocks bane down. Stop being a goddamn sheep and bring up some legitimate points or stop talking out your ass about what the match up number is.
First of all watch yourself. Secondly, nobody has given a legitimate reason as to why its a gottdamn 7-3/8-2 besides hearing the biotching of a CW player getting bodied by a bane. If anything your bitchass is the sheep for sitting there and agreeing simply because its coming from someone else. Fuck outta here.

Blind_Ducky

I seriously can't believe you dumbas bane players don't understand the tools you have and how broken your character is. I alt him and I know to a fact I'm better than 99% of the bane community. Most of you are just garbage. I play him super basic and I can understand all this tools and why he's fucked up. Even if I'm losing because I don't know how to play the Mu I know why it's a bad MU. What in the fuck are a lot of the cast supposed to do when bane has a life lead? How do you get past d1 & d2? Banes Footsies are insane and I don't know why you morons can't see that and I don't understand why no one besides max uses is grab in Footsies. The range on that thing is fucking absurd. Instead of losing to people and crying the MU is bad or crying that a character can wake up for free etc. go into practice mode for 5 minutes and look at some options. It's not fucking hard. Bane has a way to stuff every single wake up in the game. He can keep every character floored. Safe mix ups into safe mix ups on a good portion of the cast, then when you guys actually have to think on knockdown like against superman or flash you guys cry it's a bad MU because instead of there being ZERO risk to what you are doing, there's a slight risk involved now if you guess wrong. Level the fuck up.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
We're not talking about the Nightwing bane MU. I brought up the top 8 thing because all murk is doing is spewing lol banes with top 8 say its 4-6 therefore 4-6 even though other people who have top 8s say it isn't but naw it's definitely 100% 4-6 no question.
You're not talking about anything, period. You're like two pages behind the actual conversation. The Nightwing matchup was an allegory. Bit might be the established BEST Catwoman without question based on credentials but that doesn't mean Ra Helios isn't necessarily better at this one matchup. I'm not saying that's the case, just that it's a possibility. Which is all Murk has been saying too.

Just because top 8 placer X says Y character beats Z, that doesn't mean that matchup is set in stone. You might take their words with less of a grain of salt than anyone else's because of what they've accomplished but too many people follow it blindly as if it's gospel instead of trying to evolve the matchup.

Murk doesn't have to explain why the matchup is 6-4 instead of 7-3/8-2. Ra Helios already explained it, FKJR, Biohazard, etc. can too. Murk doesn't play either character, he's just saying that the numbers ARE up for debate if top players can't agree, no matter how much more top one of the players might be than the others. This elitist attitude does nothing to evolve the scene at all.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god

Nightwing players have credentials?:DOGE:DOGE

Blind_Ducky

First of all watch yourself. Secondly, nobody has given a legitimate reason as to why its a gottdamn 7-3/8-2 besides hearing the biotching of a CW player getting bodied by a bane. If anything your bitchass is the sheep for sitting there and agreeing simply because its coming from someone else. Fuck outta here.
I can give you many reasons why it's 2-8. The footsies, the knockdown game, the damage disparity. I can clarify on each of those points if you like. Once again you keep regurtating shit.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Don't bother with people like them, your IQ will just drop.

Let them ramble, nobody is paying them any attention.