What's new

Who is the better ninja Sub Zero or Scorpion?

Who is better in combat Scorpion or Sub Zero

• Total voters

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
Sub-Zero's definitely not the most known....at least not around here. From what I've seen, when people think of Mortal Kombat and they think of a person, they think either "scorpion" or "the guy that says 'get over here,'" both of which are leading towards Scorpion.....
what r u talkin about lol, when u say mortal kombat everybody here goes SPINE RIP!

lol but yeah i get what u say :)

Sub-Zero's definitely not the most known....at least not around here. From what I've seen, when people think of Mortal Kombat and they think of a person, they think either "scorpion" or "the guy that says 'get over here,'" both of which are leading towards Scorpion.....
people know scorpion because of "get over here", but people also know sub zero along with liu kang. they all are iconic fighting game characters. anyway sub zero is the best "ninja". rain, ermac and noob are all cooler/more interesting than scorpion to me as well. actually fuck it. reptile, smoke, termor, chameleon, all the ninjas are better than scorpion.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
people know scorpion because of "get over here", but people also know sub zero along with liu kang. they all are iconic fighting game characters. anyway sub zero is the best "ninja". rain, ermac and noob are all cooler/more interesting than scorpion to me as well. actually fuck it. reptile, smoke, termor, chameleon, all the ninjas are better than scorpion.
did u really have to mention chameleon .. he is like my fav that i would never play after armageddon, ed boon shattered my miserable dreams when he said i dont think we`ll be seeing chameleon again.

but i can dream, cant i? :)

RoGE

Noob
For sure the current Scorpion is a better fighter than older subzero, he beat him in storymode. Younger sub I'm not so sure.

Also in the original timeline, Scorpion was champion of the elder gods, he could definitely take on any version of subzero at that point.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
In the original 90's timeline:
-Scorpion kills Sub-Zero (Bi Han) in MK1.
-Scorpion beats Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang) in MK2. Just before he finishes him off, realizes he's not Bi Han and therefore let's him be (apparently, that scar Kuai Liang has is Scorpion's "gift").

MK 3 had NO Scorpion because after MK2 the Shirai Ryu ninja was Kuai Liang's protector. Or at least that's the "official" story behind Scorpion's absence which we all now know (thank god for the internet) that it was Daniel Pesina parting ways with Midway...

Of course, Boon/Tobias and their crew screwed up this storyline in MK4 where Quan Chi enters and he makes Scorp/Sub's story a Jersey Shore like show and the rest is history (which follows these 2 characters' backstory even to this day).
So yeah, Scorpion wins.

And NRStudios need to make this "feud" interesting again.
It's gotten old !

EnergyKD

AKA KHAOTIC Zeus
In the original 90's timeline:
-Scorpion kills Sub-Zero (Bi Han) in MK1.
-Scorpion beats Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang) in MK2. Just before he finishes him off, realizes he's not Bi Han and therefore let's him be (apparently, that scar Kuai Liang has is Scorpion's "gift").

MK 3 had NO Scorpion because after MK2 the Shirai Ryu ninja was Kuai Liang's protector. Or at least that's the "official" story behind Scorpion's absence which we all now know (thank god for the internet) that it was Daniel Pesina parting ways with Midway...

Of course, Boon/Tobias and their crew screwed up this storyline in MK4 where Quan Chi enters and he makes Scorp/Sub's story a Jersey Shore like show and the rest is history (which follows these 2 characters' backstory even to this day).
So yeah, Scorpion wins.

And NRStudios need to make this "feud" interesting again.
It's gotten old !
They should work more on Scorpion's story and add more backstory and make the feud more interesting ur kinda right when u say the feud is getting old.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
@EnergyKD

To be technical "Ninjas" are from China.

Only Sub Zero can be considered a "Ninja".

Scorp is Japanese.

So I voted for your mother...

Last edited:

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Sub-Zero killed Scorpion and battled the forces of Shinnok. Notice I'm using the term Sub-Zero to denote the actions of all of them. Like saying Batman and Batman from the future are different but the same.

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
I'm going to say Scorpion. The Shirai Ryu named Hanzo Hasashi Scorpion for a reason, because he was lightning quick in his fighting and deadly in his strikes.

9_Lives

Noob
Scorpion
-Quan Chi murdered Scorpion's friends, family, and coworkers (well, clanmates)...and what does he do? He signs on for his undead crew without realizing the true culprit. Loses points for naivety because no self respecting ninja gets played like that.
-Gets schooled by Nightwolf's race card in debate about who's been wronged...loses points on behalf of character value when lashing back with baseless aggressive comment. (I will honor my clan since revenge is the only kind of honor in the universe scrub!!!)
-Gets wrecked by Young Sub in Shao Kahn stadium battle. (I mean, come on...Kuai Liang!?!)
-Gets owned by OG Subzero in Mythology.
-Only killed Subzero because he had given up at the end to attempt to explain that he was not the man in the images shown to him. (and besides, the guy in the Quan life was clearly Kuai Liang, not Bi Han. One can observe from looking at the wrist pieces. Sloppy Quan showing Tundra instead of SZ) And in so doing, took his skull + spine. An original Subzero fatality. Can't even come up with his own.
-Needs full backing of game creators and company to keep up with Subzero. (you know it...I know it...)
-Relies on vortex to win most games...along with scrubs who only know how to jump. (self included)

OG Subzero
-Is not an emo and takes shit from no one. Also plays for the right team.
-Ice theme for unlimited pun based features. Also has cold drinks at all times like every self respecting ninja should. :cool:
-Ice cold killer blood acts as natural deterrent to poor decision making, seeing as how he is perpetually chill.
-Passion for song and dance along with fur neck pieces. (see Deception/alternate costume in Armageddon for cold hard evidence.)
-Classy ice clone poses make for the ultimate bro down experience.
-Makes both sides of the pillow cool for enhanced sleeping comfort and duration. It's been so long since Scorpion's slept that he literally has no pupils.
-Was my first main. So obviously wins by default.
-Loses 1/2 point for not getting original story voice when playing alternate costume of young sub in MK9 versus. :mad:

Young Subzero (Tundra)
-Got lacerated by KL hat in original story. Loses points for sloppiness that no self respecting ninja would partake in.
-Got captured by Cyber ninjas in alternate story. Loses points for reckless engagement of enemy commander with no friends, back up plan, hell, even a smoke bomb or something for elder god's sake.
-Gains points for bromance with Smoke. Still a scrub though.
-Didn't keep his mostly impractical ice showers from the old games (save oki game, I guess). So sadface.

This thread reminds me why I like MK so much, lol. But there you have it, many facts that make it clear as an ice cube that Subzero is the better of the two, hands down. Lin Kuei>Shirai Ryu. (Save that we have Cyrax and Sektor. Race aside, they're kind of a d-bags and are more of a minus than a plus.)

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Forget Scorpion vs Sub-Zero. Scorpion always wins. He always will.

Let's talk about Scorpion vs Noob Saibot.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Sub Zero is not a ninja. He's a Cryomancer Assassin. The Lin Kuei is a clan of Assassins for hire.

That said,

As far as who's a better fighter... Younger Sub Zero enhanced by the Dragon Medallion is the superior fighter.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Sub Zero is not a ninja. He's a Cryomancer Assassin. The Lin Kuei is a clan of Assassins for hire.

That said,

As far as who's a better fighter... Younger Sub Zero enhanced by the Dragon Medallion is the superior fighter.

Going to have to disagree.... According to Mortal Kombat co-creator John Tobias, Sub-Zero was originally conceived as a character named simply as "Ninja", a mysterious member of "the Lin Kuei, a legendary clan of Chinese ninjas."

Scorpion is definitley the one who TECHNICALLY is not a NINJA especially being Japanese. But with that said Scorpion is known as the "Undead Ninja" in the MKU so NRS isnt that strict with the origin or China/Japan. The Chinese were the ninjas and the Japanese were the samurai in the old days.

Last edited:

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
After seeing the MKX trailer I now know for sure that Sub Zero (original) is pretty much Mortal Kombat punching bag, but why? Because Ed Boon has a Scorpion fetish? Do people automatically see Scorpion as the superior ninja? Last time I checked Sub Zero beat Scorpion canonically 2 to 1 and of course that 1 win he gets the salt in him and the peer pressure by Quan Chi just made him have to finish Sub Zero off, only to get spanked later by the younger Sub Zero. Last time Scorpion's bitch ass gets on his knees and begs for mercy, remember MK mythologies? Don't blame you if you don't lol.

Putting my obvious lin-kuei bias aside If you find Scorpion to be the superior ninja then tell me why?
You like yellow?
Bloody spears? (eww)
The idea of an angry fire ninja?

or If you find Sub Zero the superior ninja then explain why?
You like Ice cream?
Frosty?
The cold hard fact his the cooler ninja :DOGE

btw MK Mythologies actually happened in mk9 story, just saying.
Ed Boon even said Scorpion is his favorite character. So, there's that.

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
Real ninjas don't have to mash d4. Scorpion & your mama tied for 1st.