What's new

Who is the best Run Away character?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Seriously no mentions of Batgirl and MMH?

Batgirl Bola +infinity on block and her Batarangs are similar to Zodballs MB but faster. Try counter-zoning that shit. Oh...did I mention full combo into meterless vortex on a counter-zoning attempt?

"MMH gets 39% from a safe overhead teleport" "Try walking forward as he chucks shit from you all over the screen"

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Why is nobody saying Raven wtf
This is the only right answer to your question chance.

She is pure projectile and get away. No reason to even do normal attacks outside of combo's.

Eventually someone other than Blind Man will figure this out and everyone will sit there holding all the dats.

Crathen

Death is my business
Run away character? Cyborg is pretty much that , tho he's not the best defensive character as long Zatanna and Zod exist , they have better mobility and better offensive options.

Raven gets a mention too but she resembles more a keepaway character in my eyes.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
whaaaaaat ifff i said shazam
my mind would explode, sure he teleports to get out of oki pressure but he wants to get in to do any damage and so people don't laugh at his lightning bolt. You can see it coming in a KOTH with 8 people having zero bar connections. It's so predictable.

DarkPage

Noob
my mind would explode, sure he teleports to get out of oki pressure but he wants to get in to do any damage and so people don't laugh at his lightning bolt. You can see it coming in a KOTH with 8 people having zero bar connections. It's so predictable.
fair enough

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Bane.

Best Backdash In the game, pushblocks are vital for level 3 venom cooldown, and he has more to gain from clashing at full screen than anyone else because it gets him that much closer to the enemy. And meter worries? Forgetaboutit.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Who does it cater to?

Look at my points. Someone please tell me how it doesn't?
it caters to characters with good interactable control, and that is variable amongst the cast

Scorpion, DS, anyone with a teleport really, then you have characters like Sinestro, Batman, and Zod who's traits give them guaranteed shit a lot of the time. Cyborg is good at it because his zoning and ability to camp around works well with easy escape options in his hook, but he is far inferior to characters who have trap games or almost entirely shut down intractable use.

Then there's gadgets with the resets, and power characters like Bane and Grundy who don't have the ability to discourage use benefit because they can literally 100% you easy as fuck, then Grundy, Shazam, and Doomsday can get free interacts with certain moves

so no, to say that power characters get it the best unarguably is a false statement, it is very fairly spread. Sorry NW doesn't get that dirt

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Bladam, though less so than pre-patch.

Zod is great at it. Gdlk dashes, tons of shit he can put on the screen, and he can Zod Charge over your head when he's cornered.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
it caters to characters with good interactable control, and that is variable amongst the cast

Scorpion, DS, anyone with a teleport really, then you have characters like Sinestro, Batman, and Zod who's traits give them guaranteed shit a lot of the time. Cyborg is good at it because his zoning and ability to camp around works well with easy escape options in his hook, but he is far inferior to characters who have trap games or almost entirely shut down intractable use.

Then there's gadgets with the resets, and power characters like Bane and Grundy who don't have the ability to discourage use benefit because they can literally 100% you easy as fuck, then Grundy, Shazam, and Doomsday can get free interacts with certain moves

so no, to say that power characters get it the best unarguably is a false statement, it is very fairly spread. Sorry NW doesn't get that dirt

Gadgets with resets are primarily in the corner. Bane And Grundy are power characters, Shazam and Doomsday are power characters...

DS and Scorpion can stop you from touching the interactables, but Scorpion still got to tele to get in which is unsafe. Deathstroke has to shoot guns which can be outzoned/full screen punished.

Cyborg, Sinestro, Raven (via trait and regular moves not interactables), Superman, Black Adam, Zod, Zatanna are characters who can run away, push block you, clash you, and throw shit at you (with the exception of Zatanna, and Raven) and still reap the rewards of interactables and Injustice's core mechanics.

How do they not hold an advantage over characters who must chase, deal with pushblock, deal with clash spaces, and work around the run away game?

I talked to Brady about this. It's nonsense to not agree that power characters in general have an advantage over the rest of the cast. Look no further than OTG combos.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Yo no one mentioned Superman???
As far as I understood his question, he wants to know who benefits the most from running away and keeping people out. Superman doesn't give a shit about fighting up close he's just as annoying up close as far away.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Gadgets with resets are primarily in the corner. Bane And Grundy are power characters, Shazam and Doomsday are power characters...

DS and Scorpion can stop you from touching the interactables, but Scorpion still got to tele to get in which is unsafe. Deathstroke has to shoot guns which can be outzoned/full screen punished.

Cyborg, Sinestro, Raven (via trait and regular moves not interactables), Superman, Black Adam, Zod, Zatanna are characters who can run away, push block you, clash you, and throw shit at you (with the exception of Zatanna, and Raven) and still reap the rewards of interactables and Injustice's core mechanics.

How do they not hold an advantage over characters who must chase, deal with pushblock, deal with clash spaces, and work around the run away game?

I talked to Brady about this. It's nonsense to not agree that power characters in general have an advantage over the rest of the guess. Look no further than OTG combos.
Bane, Grundy, Shazam, DD aren't run away characters, moot point

Make the read.

Raven, Zatanna are gadgets.

because they're taking a risk in using the interacts, other characters can use them equally in a different way, etc.

Okay, you talked to Brady. Cool. Gadget characters have OTG combos too, lol. Power characters use them easier but I would rather have the resets of gadget characters.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Bane, Grundy, Shazam, DD aren't run away characters, moot point

Make the read.

Raven, Zatanna are gadgets.

because they're taking a risk in using the interacts, other characters can use them equally in a different way, etc.

Okay, you talked to Brady. Cool. Gadget characters have OTG combos too, lol. Power characters use them easier but I would rather have the resets of gadget characters.

They aren't run away characters, but they fit the power character arch type...which hold and advantage over the cast when it comes to chucking shit.

Raven and Zatanna are acrobatic btw.

Other characters CANNOT use them in different ways. A gadget character can't setup a car bomb if it gets thrown once by a power character.

Those that can zone/run away have a free mechanic to get you off of them, and a free break which puts you back almost full screen. Why can't you see this as an advantage? It is clearly inarguable.

zoofs

bless
this game isnt catered towards runaway/zoning but raven is definitely the strongest at staying away

RYX

BIG PUSHER
They aren't run away characters, but they fit the power character arch type...which hold and advantage over the cast when it comes to chucking shit.

Raven and Zatanna are acrobatic btw.

Other characters CANNOT use them in different ways. A gadget character can't setup a car bomb if it gets thrown once by a power character.

Those that can zone/run away have a free mechanic to get you off of them, and a free break which puts you back almost full screen. Why can't you see this as an advantage? It is clearly inarguable.
not really considering they're much slower and we were talking about characters who can run away and do it.

Acrobatic, fine, not power characters.

then don't let them throw it. You can armor it, teleport, stuff it, etc. A power character can't throw a number of interacts if they're blown up first.

Push block is negated by armor, sometimes for a full combo. Clash only matters if it restores the life lead or evens it out, if they're at a deficit then it doesn't matter

Because I play a bunch of characters and of the chars I use DS has far better interact control than just about everyone barring Zod.