What's new

Who is the best MK9 player (Ed Boon Asks)

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
PL
Reo
CDJR

That order, pretty much inarguable
How did PL place first and earn less money from majors?I'm thinking REO placed higher consistently so that's probably why Esports Rankings shows

1. REO
  2. CDjr
  3. DetroitBallin
  4. Maxter
  5. Justin Wong
  6. Perfect Legend
  7. DJT
  8. Pig Of The Hut
  9. fLoE
  10. Curbolicous
  11. Dizzy
  12. 16-Bit

Last edited:

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
How did PL place first and earn less money from majors?I'm thinking REO placed higher consistently so that's probably why Esports Rankings shows

1. REO
  2. CDjr
  3. DetroitBallin
  4. Maxter
  5. Justin Wong
  6. Perfect Legend
  7. DJT
  8. Pig Of The Hut
  9. fLoE
  10. Curbolicous
  11. Dizzy
  12. 16-Bit
that & also they list his 1st evo win as 0.00 & same with fall classic
2012 mlg winter was also highest $ cdjr was 1st reo 2nd . that ish was big bank

Last edited:

Euph0nic

Purple Glowy Stuff
to have such an epic lifelong ball-and-chain meme as 13-0, contrast is required; like this. Carl was once really good.
PL
CDjr
REO
Pig
DJT
F_K

but if you're looking to represent the community then ask your question differently.

Perfect Legend. To be the best, you have to beat the best. Those EVO wins are the be all and end all. When you throw in earnings etc, there are far too many other variables to consider...

REO

Undead
It sucks that we didn't have shoryuken.com rankings back then during MK9 to keep track of all the majors and tournaments like we do now.

Here's all my results in MK9 (thanks to Triforce for compiling this list for me back when I was EMP). Unfortunately Triforce made this in 2013 so the MK9 tournaments that I competed and placed in after 2013 EVO are all missing but it's better than nothing.

Perfect Legend was the best.

Nobody did what he did in MK9.

He won EVO twice. He not only did it twice but it was the way he did it.

He basically disappeared for a good portion of 2011/2012 after he won the first time.

VSM talked mad trash about PL in 2012 and after he did lose convincingly against Mani and was babied by Curbo at MLG Columbus, he leveled up and was I believe top 3 of MLG Anaheim defeating Mani and losing to DJT. He beat Mani again winning EVO right after.

Bare in mind international players were also there at that EVO 2012 plus this was after all the people said PL weren't that good and that he was coward for not playing. PL beat Tyrant, REO, Pig, and Mani at EVO who were no doubt the best players.

Nobody but Sonic Fox in the next NRS games has done what PL did.

PL beat REO not once but twice at EVO.

He beat him in Grand Finals in 2011 and he knocked him to losers in 2012 in which REO was eliminated by F0xy. Reo got his run at EVO 2013 but REO has only got 2nd at EVO. PL has won EVO twice.

EVO is a bigger tournament than MLG, NEC, Summer jam or any other tournament if people wanna talk consistency. Nobody WON the same tournament in MK9 back to back. First NEC MK9 was Detroit and the 2nd year was REO. Nobody won MLG back to back. Between Mani, Detroit and REO this didn't happen. PL won the World Championship back to back. Keep in mind that EVO is called the World championship for a reason.

Nobody but Sonic has done what PL did at EVO.

Sonic is the greatest NRS player of all time because he has not just won tournaments but he has won the same tournaments a year later back to back to back including EVOs where he has won in NRS games 3 times plus all 3 ESLs. Sonic made sure he won EVO in MKX twice.

If you wanna talk about what Championship any of these players WOULD have wanted to win in MK9 any one of those players would of wanted to win EVO especially around that time period.

So on that note PL was the best player overall in MK9.

OH and he has the belt given to him by Boon himself.

PL was the best!

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Perfect Legend was the best.

Nobody did what he did in MK9.

He won EVO twice. He not only did it twice but it was the way he did it.

He basically disappeared for a good portion of 2011/2012 after he won the first time.

VSM talked mad trash about PL in 2012 and after he did lose convincingly against Mani and was babied by Curbo at MLG Columbus, he leveled up and was I believe top 3 of MLG Anaheim defeating Mani and losing to DJT. He beat Mani again winning EVO right after.

Bare in mind international players were also there at that EVO 2012 plus this was after all the people said PL weren't that good and that he was coward for not playing. PL beat Tyrant, REO, Pig, and Mani at EVO who were no doubt the best players.

Nobody but Sonic Fox in the next NRS games has done what PL did.

PL beat REO not once but twice at EVO.

He beat him in Grand Finals in 2011 and he knocked him to losers in 2012 in which REO was eliminated by F0xy. Reo got his run at EVO 2013 but REO has only got 2nd at EVO. PL has won EVO twice.

EVO is a bigger tournament than MLG, NEC, Summer jam or any other tournament if people wanna talk consistency. Nobody WON the same tournament in MK9 back to back. First NEC MK9 was Detroit and the 2nd year was REO. Nobody won MLG back to back. Between Mani, Detroit and REO this didn't happen. PL won the World Championship back to back. Keep in mind that EVO is called the World championship for a reason.

Nobody but Sonic has done what PL did at EVO.

Sonic is the greatest NRS player of all time because he has not just won tournaments but he has won the same tournaments a year later back to back to back including EVOs where he has won in NRS games 3 times plus all 3 ESLs. Sonic made sure he won EVO in MKX twice.

If you wanna talk about what Championship any of these players WOULD have wanted to win in MK9 any one of those players would of wanted to win EVO especially around that time period.

So on that note PL was the best player overall in MK9.

OH and he has the belt given to him by Boon himself.

PL was the best!
lold