What's new

Question - A-List Who is still playing Cage?

Wigy

There it is...
Ok a lot of crying in this thread. He needed needed and nrs agreed. His jailing pressure was just too much. 11 frame mid that could not be whiff punished and led to ~15% chip, mix ups and meter build. I think some of u got spoiled by that. Pre patch he had the best footsies in the game and zero risk.
Hes completely underaverage now though

Do explain how he gets 15% chip off his f3. Im fascinated by this insane new tech. Even if you went into 333 and ended in ex fb he doesnt get 15% chip.

This is what people dont seem to grasp who dont play him. Go look at his frame data, hes slow as balls. Plus frames are what held him together. Now hes just a character with good medium range footsies and decent staggers off 11.. No good close up pokes no mid armour no mixups and slow moves outside his f3 which you cant rely on for pressure anymore.

I agree with the direction they wanted to take this game; he needed nerfed, but they took everything and now he has no shining qualities outside medium range footsies. Meanwhile half the cast who were just as dirty if not worse kept almost everything and some even got buffed. You see why we're wanting something?

Who doesnt have mid armour? Like really. A rushdown character with garbage d1/d3?

I'm still playing him just not competitively.. Considering hes so much work compared to most of the cast with half the payoff.

also arent you famous for being a downplaying crybaby? Just funny you're calling everyone out for it,

:DOGE

Last edited:

llabslb

R1D1_998
Ok a lot of crying in this thread. He needed needed and nrs agreed. His jailing pressure was just too much. 11 frame mid that could not be whiff punished and led to ~15% chip, mix ups and meter build. I think some of u got spoiled by that. Pre patch he had the best footsies in the game and zero risk.
It was whiff punishable and his F3 in neutral and as a footsie tool is still pretty much the same. So you're magically whiff punishing it now? You're acting as if though there aren't several characters (including Shinnok) that have neutral killing tools strings that lead to great offence. I'm more than happy to play Cage as is but in a game where there's no consistency in neutral, in a game where I'm expected to play footsies against footsie killing characters then, peace.

Most of these guy are asking for better offence or just straight up buffs. Yes most characters do the same job as Cage and probably better but he's still more than viable. The issue is the other characters he's expected to play neutral against are just straight up potato. Be salty against Cage and the Cage community or whatever but can you approach the character with an opponent mind rather than salt.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Again, nobody questions that Cage in A-list needed nerfs and if he stayed the same he would dominate in the current meta.

We question how drastic the nerfs were on top on the stamina changes. Overkill.

No safe special without meter, no safe poke into fast special, -9 poke, best standing high is 9 frames, no low combo starter unless you are full stamina, you have to hit confirm the low into nut punch in this situation which is unsafe with a massive gap and spend 1 bar of meter; is the opponent blocks, you are flat unsafe, even ex-forceballs won't save you from the gap.

At this point, I cannot for the life of my understand why you play him outside of a loyalist.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I think some of you guys don't understand. Nobody thinks Cage is trash now but just think for a second about how he doesn't really play MKX like the stronger characters. This is all A-List specifically btw.

1. He doesn't mix. Outside of his 11 F2 and 113 ghetto "mixup" and kicking u in the shins enough to open you up for a whopping 23% off of F24, or using his throw which offers barely any advantage, he doesn't have a threatening way to open you up.

2. He has some of the worst defense in the game. You can talk all you want about his pressure but almost nobody gets bodied worse by pressure than Cage himself. His only 7 frame poke is minus 9 on block, lol idk why tf that's a thing but whatever it is what it is, his only armor is a high so that's pretty bleh.

3. Imo the system changes messed with characters like Cage the worst. A-List Cage needs/needed to keep an eye on his stamina and not splooge all of it running in like a maniac in to his dominant range because he gets no pressure if he wastes all his stamina. Now that's even worse because if he does go for it and gets hit by a projectile or what have you he loses his stamina which doesn't go near as it used to. It kinda leads to some really awkward situations vs characters like Grandmaster or Liu Kang specifically.

I mean yeah it is what it is, don't take this as "crying" or begging for buffs or whatever so sorry if it comes off as that, that definitely isn't my intention with this. Like I said I think A-List is still viable. I know the Cage community gets shit on a lot for downplaying but this time especially imo there is a lot of truth to most of the stuff in this thread.

I didn't even play A-List, I played SD however and i don't even wanna talk about what they did to him there....

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I think some of you guys don't understand. Nobody thinks Cage is trash now but just think for a second about how he doesn't really play MKX like the stronger characters. This is all A-List specifically btw.

1. He doesn't mix. Outside of his 11 F2 and 113 ghetto "mixup" and kicking u in the shins enough to open you up for a whopping 23% off of F24, or using his throw which offers barely any advantage, he doesn't have a threatening way to open you up.

2. He has some of the worst defense in the game. You can talk all you want about his pressure but almost nobody gets bodied worse by pressure than Cage himself. His only 7 frame poke is minus 9 on block, lol idk why tf that's a thing but whatever it is what it is, his only armor is a high so that's pretty bleh.

3. Imo the system changes messed with characters like Cage the worst. A-List Cage needs/needed to keep an eye on his stamina and not splooge all of it running in like a maniac in to his dominant range because he gets no pressure if he wastes all his stamina. Now that's even worse because if he does go for it and gets hit by a projectile or what have you he loses his stamina which doesn't go near as it used to. It kinda leads to some really awkward situations vs characters like Grandmaster or Liu Kang specifically.

I mean yeah it is what it is, don't take this as "crying" or begging for buffs or whatever so sorry if it comes off as that, that definitely isn't my intention with this. Like I said I think A-List is still viable. I know the Cage community gets shit on a lot for downplaying but this time especially imo there is a lot of truth to most of the stuff in this thread.

I didn't even play A-List, I played SD however and i don't even wanna talk about what they did to him there....
Amen.

Wigy

There it is...
Yes, but that was another conversation. We had ours, and now I engaged in another with a different user.
Dude i said the exact same thing.

You quoted almost the exact same thing

I replied the same thing

Lol. Dont ask the same question twice. Ask a stupid question get a stupid answer

Well his poke is -9 because that made sense prepatch when he was an offensive monster, but now it doesn't make sense.

Cage and liu kang are two of the laziest character designs in this game to me because they are practically the same character minus a variation in stunt double and dualist.

dragons fire is a better a list and flame fist is a much better fisticuffs, seriously the damage in that variation is fucking ridiculous lol.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Well his poke is -9 because that made sense prepatch when he was an offensive monster, but now it doesn't make sense.

Cage and liu kang are two of the laziest character designs in this game to me because they are practically the same character minus a variation in stunt double and dualist.

dragons fire is a better a list and flame fist is a much better fisticuffs, seriously the damage in that variation is fucking ridiculous lol.
Flame fist completely outclasses fisticuffs, specially in this version of the game. Seriously, that variation is stupid now, I'm surprised about people not talking about it.

When we use our punishable on block d3, we can rejoice thinking about how Liu is + after a d3 no matter if it was blocked or not, and also how he has now a 7f d1 in addition to that.

Last edited:
Flame fist completely outclasses fisticuffs, specially in this version of the game. Seriously, that variation is stupid now, I'm surprised about people not talking about it.

When we use our punishable on block d3, we can rejoice thinking about how Liu is + after a d3 no matter if it was blocked or not, and also how he has now a 7f d3 in addition to that.
HIS D3 IS 7 FRAMES NOW?

Brb killing myself

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
I still play Cage. I play displacer on the side for fun and to help out the GM mu. He's still my dude though

Dude i said the exact same thing.

You quoted almost the exact same thing

I replied the same thing

Lol. Dont ask the same question twice. Ask a stupid question get a stupid answer
Wait, what? A dude (Kompetitor) wrote Cage has no mid armor, I wrote to him he has in SD, you wrote to me about how it is unsafe (again). :confused:

Anyway let's drop this bro. Cage in SD has a mid armor which is unsafe. Case closed. :D

But a question is still left, how do you use armor? Because I use it when I see the opponent pressing buttons to absorb a hit but get off the floor, soo it does not matter to me if it is safe or unsafe or OH or LOW. When I see a dude is just blocking or whatever then no WU or a regular (if it is somewhat safe)

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Im not going to lie

im a hair or two close to going into a big explosive rant over how Cage is now.

But i wont, because it wont help anything.
my upbeat positivity on cage is wearing thin.

Plus if anybody throws me into the group of "Another Cage downplayer" would be lying to themselves.
pre patch i was always the one real on how fucking dumb he was and argued with people who downplayed and even now am real to how he still has the tools to compete.

It could also be me not adapting to the patch yet
But man lol...........

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Im not going to lie

im a hair or two close to going into a big explosive rant over how Cage is now.

But i wont, because it wont help anything.
my upbeat positivity on cage is wearing thin.

Plus if anybody throws me into the group of "Another Cage downplayer" would be lying to themselves.
pre patch i was always the one real on how fucking dumb he was and argued with people who downplayed and even now am real to how he still has the tools to compete.

It could also be me not adapting to the patch yet
But man lol...........
My sanity is restored, i can finally sleep.

Also any1 trying to say cages armor is good. No. Just no. Go watch tw33dy versus pyro Tanya, that's what insane armor is. It was just back to back safe armors and teleports from both players. There is no counterplay, no footsies just mashing anything into safe armor or teleport. Ugly shit that nobody wants see or play against. Fix it NRS.

Last edited: