What's new

Question Who does the Variation system benefit the most?

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Which characters do you guys think the Variation System works for the most?
Basically meaning, which character has 3 viable variations that can be used in different scenarios? Such as one defensive, one offensive, and maybe one gimmicky/space control variation.

Personally I feel Mileena benefits from it the most, Piercing is a great zoning/space control variation, Ravenous is a great offensive variation with the safe pounces and the pressure of getting opened up if you block low, and Ethereal probably more defensive than offensive but it could go both ways.

Other notable characters I can think of are: Kitana, Kano, Quan Chi (if portal stab worked properly), Kotal Kahn, Sonya, Liu Kang, Takeda, Goro.

Subzero. He has the least amount of bad matchups if we switch between GM and UB.
For example Lasher and Mystic are probably hard matchup for GM but Unbreakable Sub makes those even

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Quan would be one of my first picks if Warlock's armor worked properly, in the last version of the game Quan would definitely make this list but now I'm not so sure.

I'd have to go with Mileena, Tremor or maybe even Sub if Mystic is his only bad MU across all 3 variations.

Kooron Nation

Quan would be one of my first picks if Warlock's armor worked properly, in the last version of the game Quan would definitely make this list but now I'm not so sure.

I'd have to go with Mileena, Tremor or maybe even Sub if Mystic is his only bad MU across all 3 variations.
So frustrating about portal stab, it's such a cool variation but it's ruined by this stupid armoured move, surely they can spend an hour just to find a solution and patch it.

Anyways, what does Metallic offer that Aftershock and Crystalline don't?

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
So frustrating about portal stab, it's such a cool variation but it's ruined by this stupid armoured move, surely they can spend an hour just to find a solution and patch it.

Anyways, what does Metallic offer that Aftershock and Crystalline don't?
A restand which he can get guaranteed pressure from is the most important thing, which is very important in this meta imo now most characters have 2 hitting armor moves and Tremor doesn't have a way to break them anymore. That and he has very good unbreakable damage, and better zoning than the other 2, though that depends on the character he's against.

Matchups wise I'm not too sure if it's ever worth picking him over the other two but I'd imagine him being better against characters who have very good wakeup games, Liu Kang comes to mind but I'm sure there might be one or two more. Either way though I feel like AS and Crystalline are enough to warrant Tremor being on this list as they basically cover every MU on their own.

E

Eldriken

Kotal doesn't need to be on this list, in my opinion.

Blood God is a fun (not to be mistaken with viable) variation, but it just doesn't cut it. Sure, it has a great defensive (Obsidian Totem) and offensive (Crystal Totem) option, but that's about it. No armor of any kind means you can relentlessly bully him once it's your turn or knock him on his ass.

Yes, he has a parry, but that isn't armor and if it gets baited, you're gonna get punished like you would for whiffing db2 in Sun God.

I just don't personally feel that Blood God really adds much.

War God = offensive.
Sun God = blend of offense and defense.

Others may disagree or tell me something I don't know that may change my mind, but until then, Blood God is booty. =P

Kooron Nation

Kotal doesn't need to be on this list, in my opinion.

Blood God is a fun (not to be mistaken with viable) variation, but it just doesn't cut it. Sure, it has a great defensive (Obsidian Totem) and offensive (Crystal Totem) option, but that's about it. No armor of any kind means you can relentlessly bully him once it's your turn or knock him on his ass.

Yes, he has a parry, but that isn't armor and if it gets baited, you're gonna get punished like you would for whiffing db2 in Sun God.

I just don't personally feel that Blood God really adds much.

War God = offensive.
Sun God = blend of offense and defense.

Others may disagree or tell me something I don't know that may change my mind, but until then, Blood God is booty. =P
You don't think blood god could be a counter pick to zoners with the defence totem and just sitting back letting them hang themselves coming to you? (Let's also pretend all things are perfect and B1 was never nerfed)

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
You don't think blood god could be a counter pick to zoners with the defence totem and just sitting back letting them hang themselves coming to you? (Let's also pretend all things are perfect and B1 was never nerfed)
only reason i see people picking bloodgod is for the damage.