What's new

Who Do You Think Is Top 5 In EO Beta?

Infamous

Banned
O idk who's jealous lol. It's definitely not me. I couldn't care less if she's top 5 or not. I enjoy playing the character and that's all that matters to me.

All I'm saying is, if I were to state why a character is top 5, I'll give legit reasons why they are. MUs, tools, etc will be discussed. Never will I ever say a character is top 5 because someone else says so. That person isn't God, so their opinion shouldn't be the end all be all to things.
No I am saying people MAY be salty jealous towards top players and just want to argue to argue.

And lol, ofcourse they aren't "God". But Reo and Foxy are better players than literally everyone posting in this thread.

I just think people should take note and explore why they are saying this as opposed to "ummm no, I play Mileena, she is not top tier, end of discussion".

That isn't dick riding.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
No I am saying people MAY be salty jealous towards top players and just want to argue to argue.

And lol, ofcourse they aren't "God". But Reo and Foxy are better players than literally everyone posting in this thread.

I just think people should take note and explore why they are saying this as opposed to "ummm no, I play Mileena, she is not top tier, end of discussion".

That isn't dick riding.
It's absolutely dick riding since they are new to the character. People are chiming in and having a civil discussion with these players and you come along with the whole, "lol shut up" attitude, when even REO has said it doesn't matter who he talks to and obviously wants a discussion. But, I digress. You are correct. We should never ask questions, debate, or help each other if its a top player. Lets all vanquish into the night and let 10 people discuss on a forum.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
btw my Beta top 5 (no particular order) is:

1) Johnny cage
2) Jax
3) Kano
4) Takeda
5) Sub Zero

Mileena, Liu Kang, Quan, D'vorah, F/T are all good picks too

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
btw my Beta top 5 (no particular order) is:

1) Johnny cage
2) Jax
3) Kano
4) Takeda
5) Sub Zero

Mileena, Liu Kang, Quan, D'vorah, F/T are all good picks too
Is there a certain variation of Kano you think puts him in top 5 or is it the complete package? Can you explain why?

9_Lives

Noob
I'm confused. Mileena has been good this whole time? I've heard so much otherwise from day one. Not to say I'd know or anything as I've only played her a bit and fought no one.

Cameronwinss

Hay gurl hay
Anyone saying Mileena is top 5 is a complete idiot. Did we forgot shinnok Tanya tremor and predator. Along with Shinnok Johnny and Quan who didn't get hit hard or at all. Some people have the nerve to say she top5. Yes she got buffs but not where near the really good characters SUCH AS Shinnok, Johnny, Sonya, Cassie, Takeda and Dvorah. I know the top players like Sonic, Reo and Foxy are your idols and their dicks are sweet and savory but don't lose your brains and think for you fucking self.

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
I feel like Kung Jin is that one character who will continue to be good in every patch, but not stupid good. Top 10 is certainly a strong possibility for him though.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Is there a certain variation of Kano you think puts him in top 5 or is it the complete package? Can you explain why?
i think Cutthroat it's top 5 because he has safe / plus 50/50s hitconfirmable in ex buff wich gives him 40% dmg plus insane corner carry, and guess what, when your in the corner, get 50/50'd for another 50%+. on top of this, he has fast projectiles, advancing 12f f2, godlike bdash, he's nothing less than -1/2 when he's in your face, 8f low profiling d4 and 8f d3.

Commando is pretty scary with tick throws off of b1 on hit or block. he doest struggle against anyone in the cast and he covers all the MUs well across his 3 variations.

Cyber it's still solid in the beta as far as i can tell.

but what makes him top 5 to me, is mainly Cutthroat.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Look and learn the timings of all the options Mileena can do after B12 and what you can do to counter those options. After you get comfortable knowing every single possible outcome the meta will just boil down to who makes the right read after B12 is blocked.
Well honestly, you could see the same thing about being in the corner ("it just comes down to whoever makes the right read") -- but who wants to be put in the corner?

Last edited:

The Highlander

There can be only one
Anyone saying Mileena is top 5 is a complete idiot. Did we forgot shinnok Tanya tremor and predator. Along with Shinnok Johnny and Quan who didn't get hit hard or at all. Some people have the nerve to say she top5. Yes she got buffs but not where near the really good characters SUCH AS Shinnok, Johnny, Sonya, Cassie, Takeda and Dvorah. I know the top players like Sonic, Reo and Foxy are your idols and their dicks are sweet and savory but don't lose your brains and think for you fucking self.
Nope but many of those characters have either been too hyped up, recently nerfed or are going to be nerfed. Whereas mileena got some huge buffs. It might not amount to top 5 but it certainly places her well in contention.

With the abundance of buffs and nerfs in EO Beta, many characters have went up or went down the tier list.

While many have fluctuated, some have remained.

Of the available characters for EO Beta (no DLC), who are your top 5?

Mine are (in no order):
Ferra/Torr - need I explain? They do like all the damage in the world, the duo is a viable UMVC3 character now.
Sonya Blade - buffs and slight nerfs for Demo...can't do 6 stun nade combos but still do their thing.
Kotal Kahn - very hard to deal with given tick throw buffs regardless of b1 no longer canceling into sun throw
Quan Chi - sorry you can't do bat during regular trance, sorry you have to use bar now -_-
Kano - cutthroat is now safe on everything plus enhanced range on his overhead string and he benefits from the tick throw buffs in Commando.

Other characters that have been mentioned:
Many say Piercing Mileena
Assassin Kitana
Johnny Cage
Wrestler Jax

Crazy how strong most of these characters have gotten.

I'm sure I missed a few, lemme know! :)
lol no... Quan is not top 5 not even fucking close at this point.

JDM

Noob
How are we going to place Mileena under characters that aren't in the beta? Lol.

Also Quan got hit very hard, do people really believe this? I don't understand.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Am I reading this right. Did someone just tell Reo he needs to lab more?? Lol
I'd also like to point out REO didn't act like some holier than thou asshole and actually had a discussion. In which, he said it doesn't matter if I was x or y and continued the talk. I'm starting to wonder if some people on this forum actually play the game or spectate. This forum is for a big purpose, and that is to have discussions to level up. Why not question and get better? This is tiring.

I'd also like to point out REO didn't act like some holier than thou asshole and actually had a discussion. In which, he said it doesn't matter if I was x or y and continued the talk.
First of all I just thought it was funny that someone told one of the biggest lab monsters to lab more, nothing less nothing more. Also you said why not question and get better? Literally a few pages ago I was talking with GabStandard about the post b12 options for my character while I was labbing it.
This forum is for a big purpose, and that is to have discussions to level up.
Oh so this forum isn't here to call out players and money match them and make a big deal about it and then just vanish when it comes time to put up or shut up? Sound familiar?