What's new

Who do you think is Bottom 5?

Your bottom 5

• Total voters

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
Apparently 50/50s is all that matters when it comes to tier list
I hate that shallow way of thinking. People don't use their brains & just want things handed to them easily. People think Mileena is bad due to the work & effort she takes. But when you break her toolset down she has an answer for any situation you find yourself in but it's up to the player to know what the option is.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Balanced is definitely weaker than the other two, but when Pig is out here placing 3rd at ESL using a mix of Balanced and Possessed I find it hard to accept it being called 'unviable'. Clearly it's viable, even if it's at a disadvantage.
eeeehhhhh balanced i really really have a hard time calling viable, he preys on those who dont know the MU, i mean there arent exactly a lot of balanced players. considering how balanced is a zoner that is punished for zoning and has shitty up close options, I dont think im in the wrong thinking balanced is unviable.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Play me auto pilot & see what will happen to you. The only Kung Lao that has ever beaten me in tournament is DJT. All others I've torn them apart.
Not saying you can't do it (Big D beat me with fucking Spectral Ermac last week), just that you have to work soooo much harder to win with Mileena than you do with much of the roster.

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
I'm not really sure if you could have a definitive bottom 5 in this game the way it is right now. For all those saying Goro is he is actually still that bad after last patch?

SaltFace NS

Not saying you can't do it (Big D beat me with fucking Spectral Ermac last week), just that you have to work soooo much harder to win with Mileena than you do with much of the roster.
Yea that's true I won't lie to you. But at the end of it all I feel because of my hard work & effort I have a better understanding of the game than so many other people because to win I'm forced to break the game down in such a way that I know how to counter any option thrown at me.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Yea that's true I won't lie to you. But at the end of it all I feel because of my hard work & effort I have a better understanding of the game than so many other people because to win I'm forced to break the game down in such a way that I know how to counter any option thrown at me.
Very true. When MK11 comes out and Mileena is God-Tier again, your dedication will pay off. I do think you gain a much greater understanding of fighters by having to compensate with playing lower tiers.

And I have mad respect for anyone who has the balls to enter a tournament with a low tier character and not tier whore.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
And the debate of who is bottom 5 continues. Imo it doesn't matter due to the gap between top to bottom is nowhere near as big as it was in MK9/Injustice days. Every character has something to work with and it all depends on how committed the player is into making it work.

Regarding Mileena, in my opinion the reason she is seen as bottom 5 is because she doesn't have an easily identifiable gameplan compared to the rest of the cast. Add the fact the typical stuff that gets mentioned (unsafe 50/50s, sluggish normals, no meterless overhead) she is seen as a character that requires too much work to just break down and find positives in her toolset let alone formulate a plan. Now when its all said and done she might end up being bottom 5 (based on tools alone) but the fact that now I don't think any character in the roster really destroys her is a telling sign of how good she actually is.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yea but that's the thing. I feel like I'm always arguing with Coach Steve over a very similar concept. Your ability to play well with the character is not a testament of that characters ability, it's one of yours. Like his ability to play near robotic against Jupiter a couple nights ago looked like the complete opposite of when I played Jupiter (lol).

If you were a "Day 1 Tanya player" and put in all the same effort, enjoyment of the character, and learning her toolset, it would be highly likely that'd you'd be either just as successful or even moreso than you are right now. That's the main issue I have with the "I use the tools effectively" argument. You know you do, I've seen you play so I know you do, but that characters tools is still on the lesser side when compared side by side with a lot of the cast.

If you had the same exact devotion to a lot of other characters instead of Mileena, you'd be using even more effective tools more effectively.

SaltFace NS

Yea but that's the thing. I feel like I'm always arguing with Coach Steve over a very similar concept. Your ability to play well with the character is not a testament of that characters ability, it's one of yours. Like his ability to play near robotic against Jupiter a couple nights ago looked like the complete opposite of when I played Jupiter (lol).

If you were a "Day 1 Tanya player" and put in all the same effort, enjoyment of the character, and learning her toolset, it would be highly likely that'd you'd be either just as successful or even moreso than you are right now. That's the main issue I have with the "I use the tools effectively" argument. You know you do, I've seen you play so I know you do, but that characters tools is still on the lesser side when compared side by side with a lot of the cast.

If you had the same exact devotion to a lot of other characters instead of Mileena, you'd be using even more effective tools more effectively.
I see what you mean there & I won't disagree with that arugument. Mileena has these following tools...4 different anti air options, a solid projectile, a teleport attack, an ok ground game, excellent oki & armor crushing abilities, & decent damage. I don't see why this character is considered bad.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
can someone move this to the mileena forum? lol it is pretty much a mileena thread now
Lol at least it is a change of pace from the usual "Kenshi is unviable because his bf3 is -43 on whiff"discussion. :DOGE

But seriously, any thread such as this requires discussion and debate of individual characters in order to get anywhere. Think of it as focusing on a particular detail of a conversation, rather than the derailment of it.

Other characters will get their turn.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Lol at least it is a change of pace from the usual "Kenshi is unviable because his bf3 is -43 on whiff"discussion. :DOGE

But seriously, any thread such as this requires discussion and debate of individual characters in order to get anywhere. Think of it as focusing on a particular detail of a conversation, rather than the derailment of it.

Other characters will get their turn.
i know lol i was only joking.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I see what you mean there & I won't disagree with that arugument. Mileena has these following tools...4 different anti air options, a solid projectile, a teleport attack, an ok ground game, excellent oki & armor crushing abilities, & decent damage. I don't see why this character is considered bad.
Yea she has tools that work. Like she isn't "MK9 Scorpion" or "Joker" bad at all. This games low tiers are manageable, most of them anyway, and somehow they've managed to avoid an army of 3-7's in game that has 80+ variations. To me I would put her as the last character to be Bottom 5, but "Bottom 5" has such a negative connotation that it makes you think they're all Joker tier.

I definitely think she has good enough tools to hang in most MU's, I just think that in a game where ridiculously absurd tools exist in other characters toolsets she's a little behind the curve in the cheesy dirt department. With her you have to win by outright outplaying your opponent, which can be more rewarding and a bigger indication of game understanding than say, some of the bs you see QC or Erron do to win a match. Those characters are higher tiered because they make you deal with more bs even if you make a good read, or already are blocking, or trying not to die in the corner, etc.

That's pretty much the main difference I find. Stankin dirtiness lol.