What's new

Question Who do you think are Reptiles worst matches?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
actually you the asshole, you said " you probably haven't figured out the mu yet" .... please don't try and act like the good guy. Then you proceed to say" oh you word must be law and no one else's opinion means anything" something i didn't say and never will say because i have no issue with opinions of other. I just went into pig's thread and gladly accepted the things he put up about kenshi, also had no issue discussing mus with maxter. So actually you have a misconception about me and that has nothing to do with what i have said, but what you have perceived. So if you can't take what i say as an educated opinion, too bad because I can talk mus with other ppl quite fine without the bs you busting out.
I'm an asshole because I said you probably haven't figured out the MU yet? Your arguments against my arguments were "you need to play a high level JC", even though I have. You have no idea who am I or who I've played. I don't have any misconception, I actually thought better of you. I know you have an educated opinion, but that doesn't mean mine isn't educated too.

Reactions: RYX
I'm an asshole because I said you probably haven't figured out the MU yet? Your arguments against my arguments were "you need to play a high level JC", even though I have. You have no idea who am I or who I've played. I don't have any misconception, I actually thought better of you. I know you have an educated opinion, but that doesn't mean mine isn't educated too.
once again, i never said you're opinion was uneducated, never once have i said that at all in this thread. I'm saying you need to play some cages I have played because it'll give you the truth of the mu. I would never give info about a mu to the reptile community just because I feel i'm right, i give my opinion with the knowledge of not only myself, but plenty of other players i have encountered/ talked to. Now we can just do what i've done before with some, and that is "just agree to disagree" and call it a day haha. I'm not trying to bash you bro, i'm not like that.

Reactions: RYX

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Thank you for stating the obvious. And here I was trying to use kiss from full screen the whole time and couldn't figure out what the problem was...
you can use a well-timed arc kick or dash block and blow reptile up if he tries anything with armor. i don't use sonya, just going off what people do to me.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
once again, i never said you're opinion was uneducated, never once have i said that at all in this thread. I'm saying you need to play some cages I have played because it'll give you the truth of the mu. I would never give info about a mu to the reptile community just because I feel i'm right, i give my opinion with the knowledge of not only myself, but plenty of other players i have encountered/ talked to. Now we can just do what i've done before with some, and that is "just agree to disagree" and call it a day haha. I'm not trying to bash you bro, i'm not like that.
Ok, that's fair enough.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Cage will get in on Reptile eventually. Dash is really Reptile's only saving grace when Cage gets in, as it's the only thing that gives Reptile the opportunity to do what he wants to do when it hits...get booger balls up. d4 works here as an answer to Cage at sweep distance, but there's not much reward to landing it, and Cage can play fisherman with b3 to get where he wants. I can see where MIT says it's in Cage's favor, but I wouldn't peg it as one of his worst matchups.

Worst matchups = Liu, Cyrax, Sonya, Kabal. I don't think Freddy beats Reptile at all. Unless Reptile is at least more than 3/4 screen away, Freddy has a lot of trouble keeping Reptile out, and because of dash, Freddy can't just shift past forceballs. Dash completely negates NMS cancels, as well.

Mileena is not in her favor. Reptile can get past sais easily, and footsies-wise, Reptile is arguably better. Yes, she can telekick much more safely vs him than anyone else, but at the range Reptile will be playing, she won't be telekicking anyway. She takes away his normal forceballs, but unlike characters like Liu, she doesn't beat him in other areas Reptile can play.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Reptile is really good at keeping Cage out because he lacks any mobility other than dashing. He will get in eventually, but Reptile will get out eventually...I see it as 5-5. This might sound crazy but I occasionally stand block against Cage so I'll be able to jump backward out of his pressure without worrying about random advantage...his ex forceball strings don't really work on Reptile anyway. Here's some stuff I said recently in the matchup discussion thread:

"NJP splat and the corner escape set ups are a must. Never use the reset. d4~forceball is usually a bad idea. Backward throw is pretty nifty. Only use shenanigans like the ghetto reset very rarely when the player won't be expecting it. I mainly used meter for breaker and ex slowball. You can throw Cage out of his ex nutpunch, especially after he blocks ex elbow dash.
Big, dark stages like the Flesh Pits or Goro's Lair are good...invisibility helps make your zoning more ambiguous and harder for Cage to trek through. Anytime he blocks a forceball from over half screen you can automatically go invisible."

MK_-NIGHTWING

Waiting 4 Injustice
Cage will get in on Reptile eventually. Dash is really Reptile's only saving grace when Cage gets in, as it's the only thing that gives Reptile the opportunity to do what he wants to do when it hits...get booger balls up. d4 works here as an answer to Cage at sweep distance, but there's not much reward to landing it, and Cage can play fisherman with b3 to get where he wants. I can see where MIT says it's in Cage's favor, but I wouldn't peg it as one of his worst matchups.

Worst matchups = Liu, Cyrax, Sonya, Kabal. I don't think Freddy beats Reptile at all. Unless Reptile is at least more than 3/4 screen away, Freddy has a lot of trouble keeping Reptile out, and because of dash, Freddy can't just shift past forceballs. Dash completely negates NMS cancels, as well.

Mileena is not in her favor. Reptile can get past sais easily, and footsies-wise, Reptile is arguably better. Yes, she can telekick much more safely vs him than anyone else, but at the range Reptile will be playing, she won't be telekicking anyway. She takes away his normal forceballs, but unlike characters like Liu, she doesn't beat him in other areas Reptile can play.
THTB, I agree with what you said, but, can you explain how Lui Kang is a bad match-up? I usually don't have too many problems with Lui Kang unless they are rushing down really well.

THTB

The low fireball is what kills Reptile's forceballs. At a certain range, Reptile can't really put them on the screen before he's hit, and Kang recovers really fast. Spit's hitbox is really high up as well, so Kang can fireball underneath them pretty reliably, which sucks. This all opens him up to air fireballs that wouldn't be as big of a deal. Reptile's pretty much forced to play the matchup with the forceball aspect of it all basically gone. In a number of matchups, this isn't too big of a deal, because he can play around this, usually with his normals game. Unfortunately, Kang is stronger here as well. b3 beats out d4 well, and Reptile's other normals simply can't compare to Kang's at all. Also, b312 and f12 advance really fast, so Reptile's walkspeed is somewhat hard to abuse here. Also, because Liu Kang's d3 is 7f, and b312 and f12/f121 are all 0 on block, Reptile's forced into dashing to check the pressure, which is bad (The reason why this is bad is because punishing dash is a lot easier than punishing a d1 on block, so against someone with decent reactions, you're getting hit everytime your dash is blocked).

What helps Reptile out here is that Kang has awful wakeup. This means that Reptile getting a knockdown is huge, because this gives Reptile the opening he needs to get his forceball game into motion. And when Reptile's walkspeed works, it gives him this opening he needs. It's 4-6, but can feel like 3-7 at times if the Kang player is on point with his footsies.

MK_-NIGHTWING

Waiting 4 Injustice
The low fireball is what kills Reptile's forceballs. At a certain range, Reptile can't really put them on the screen before he's hit, and Kang recovers really fast. Spit's hitbox is really high up as well, so Kang can fireball underneath them pretty reliably, which sucks. This all opens him up to air fireballs that wouldn't be as big of a deal. Reptile's pretty much forced to play the matchup with the forceball aspect of it all basically gone. In a number of matchups, this isn't too big of a deal, because he can play around this, usually with his normals game. Unfortunately, Kang is stronger here as well. b3 beats out d4 well, and Reptile's other normals simply can't compare to Kang's at all. Also, b312 and f12 advance really fast, so Reptile's walkspeed is somewhat hard to abuse here. Also, because Liu Kang's d3 is 7f, and b312 and f12/f121 are all 0 on block, Reptile's forced into dashing to check the pressure, which is bad (The reason why this is bad is because punishing dash is a lot easier than punishing a d1 on block, so against someone with decent reactions, you're getting hit everytime your dash is blocked).

What helps Reptile out here is that Kang has awful wakeup. This means that Reptile getting a knockdown is huge, because this gives Reptile the opening he needs to get his forceball game into motion. And when Reptile's walkspeed works, it gives him this opening he needs. It's 4-6, but can feel like 3-7 at times if the Kang player is on point with his footsies.
Thanks man

Seapeople

This one's for you
What helps Reptile out here is that Kang has awful wakeup. This means that Reptile getting a knockdown is huge, because this gives Reptile the opening he needs to get his forceball game into motion.
Would you rather get a forceball on the screen and have an opportunity to control the zoning, or use the reset and get guaranteed 321 pressure?

THTB

Would you rather get a forceball on the screen and have an opportunity to control the zoning, or use the reset and get guaranteed 321 pressure?
The reset, tbh, I stopped using because Reptile's overall options are way better from the standard knockdown and NJP splat when he gets a juggle, and if they mix up whether they take the unscaled damage or block, it's impossible to react properly. It turns into a mixup against yourself. In all honesty, it sucks lol.

Seapeople

This one's for you
The reset, tbh, I stopped using because Reptile's overall options are way better from the standard knockdown and NJP splat when he gets a juggle, and if they mix up whether they take the unscaled damage or block, it's impossible to react properly. It turns into a mixup against yourself. In all honesty, it sucks lol.
I think I may have been confirming whether the reset was hit/blocked yesterday offline. You might have time to confirm while you dash cancel afterward. Either way, you can definitely confirm whether it was hit/blocked by the time you whiff 3 or d4 and still be at big advantage...after all it's his second meatiest knockdown after the NJP splat.

I'm still learning to counterzone, so I might not fully appreciate how game changing one forceball could be. But in matchups like this one it seems like Reptile would do better by gaining some rushdown momentum.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
I don't really play Cossner regularly. We played a good set last night for the first time in a long time online.

JC v Rep might be 6-4. My only MU experience offline was with Milkman and Temjiin (playing on a pad he's not used to) at toryuken months ago and it didn't feel very bad. I usually call this a 5-5 though because I'd rather have more experience offline before making a bold 6-4 claim.
I got so many uppercuts instead of dash punishes... GGs though!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Man I remember how nobody thought Cage could possibly compete with Reptile until JOP ran that quasi-infinite at EVO 2011.

And then how nerfing the nutpunch comboing after F3,2 glitch would be the end all be all of Cage's viability in tournaments.

#Footsies

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
mileena is not that bad...at all. on knock down, all reptile has to do is charge an Ex slow forceball. if she does any wake up, she'll go right into it.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Reptile can play solid footsies against Sub. There is a certain range where the d4 will not get Reptile frozen but goes in the clone. At full screen there is a timing where you can dash jip for free if Sub does a ice clone and tries to zone.

This match is a fun 5-5
I hate you.......

<3

I need to run this match with you, I'm having some spacing issues. (Btw I added you on my new acct. end thread derail)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk