What's new

Question Who do you think are Reptiles worst matches?

MK_-NIGHTWING

Waiting 4 Injustice
I personally think Freddy, Kung Lao, Sonya, Mileena, and sometimes Skarlet give Reptile a hard time, any other match-ups to look at?

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Kung Lao and Freddy Krueger for sure. Mileena I don't think so, but I understand where that comes from. The other two I don't know about.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Lao, Sonya, and Freddy 4-6 or 3-7. Mileena is just a bitch to fight, but once you know how to fight her she's not bad. Skarlet has the tools to make this fight bad, but there isn't really any high level tournament footage of Skarlet vs Reptile. I'd also add in Cyrax for a 4-6, but thats just me.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Sub? I always thought that was a 5-5.
Wat, once the clone is in the screen you have to zone, and a smart Sub can always freeze you/get free pressure. Elbow dash and slide are practically useless in this mu. In a corner you're dead, they'll always expect you to armor and if you do, you'll eat an entire combo. You can't jump over or slide, you can't do shit and sub can be there all day long. It's a 6-4 foh sho.

yes, this comes from personal experience, i play 3 high lvl cages right in my city, one who lives with me who is my bro Denzell( DJT). Reptile has very slow normals and to get out of pressure, the dash is the only viable option bcuz his d1 sucks, d3 has no distance, and his d4 to slow to beat out the f3 which is 9 frames. Also if you try to ex dash out of pressure he can just hit it before it goes to the other side/ex nut punch it. Ask some other high lvl cages, reptile has alot of issues vs cage and this i know from experience.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
yes, this comes from personal experience, i play 3 high lvl cages right in my city, one who lives with me who is my bro Denzell( DJT). Reptile has very slow normals and to get out of pressure, the dash is the only viable option bcuz his d1 sucks, d3 has no distance, and his d4 to slow to beat out the f3 which is 9 frames. Also if you try to ex dash out of pressure he can just hit it before it goes to the other side/ex nut punch it. Ask some other high lvl cages, reptile has alot of issues vs cage and this i know from experience.
He can at least get out with the dash and the armored slide, unlike most characters. He gets a free string after the f33b3 which Johnny has to block/jump over. And you can outzone him. JC has a super hard time getting in on Reppy and he can get full screen in 1 sec. 5-5 sure, I'd give it a 6-4 in Reps favor thanks to the zoning.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Sub is for sure 6-4 in Reptile's favor. Its just a lot of full screen conterzoning, making good reads on when to throw out which projectile. Cage & kang i would also consider 5-5 but MIT definitely has more experience in these matchups than me.
Imo his bad matchups are Sonya, Cyrax, Freddy, and possibly Kabal. I'm still on the fence about Lao and Skarlet because I havent had enough practice against them

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Sub is for sure 6-4 in Reptile's favor. Its just a lot of full screen conterzoning, making good reads on when to throw out which projectile. Cage & kang i would also consider 5-5 but MIT definitely has more experience in these matchups than me.
Imo his bad matchups are Sonya, Cyrax, Freddy, and possibly Kabal. I'm still on the fence about Lao and Skarlet because I havent had enough practice against them
That message was so nice, it had to be said twice :p

He can at least get out with the dash and the armored slide, unlike most characters. He gets a free string after the f33b3 which Johnny has to block/jump over. And you can outzone him. JC has a super hard time getting in on Reppy and he can get full screen in 1 sec. 5-5 sure, I'd give it a 6-4 in Reps favor thanks to the zoning.
trust me, the zoning reptile has doesn't mean much when cage gets in on him, it his very annoying and hard to deal with. To understand this, you'd need to fight a high lvl cage in the mu.

sub reptile i got 5 5, this is from fighting my bro like a thousand time in the mu, i did think it was in sub's favor, but after playing it more i got it even. If sub corners you, ggs haha but if you keep him away and outfootsie him then you'll be in good hands.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
So what? I have not played this matchup so I don't know, but what prevents Reptile from simply ducking everything Lao does and punishing with dash/something else? If anything is a problem, I figure it'd be hats.
he can spin dash on reaction and as a punish.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
So what? I have not played this matchup so I don't know, but what prevents Reptile from simply ducking everything Lao does and punishing with dash/something else? If anything is a problem, I figure it'd be hats.
The problem isn't mobility, the problem is when Reptile tries to zone KL can teleport pretty much for free.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
trust me, the zoning reptile has doesn't mean much when cage gets in on him, it his very annoying and hard to deal with. To understand this, you'd need to fight a high lvl cage in the mu.
I regularly play against Playpal, and in Dallas I fought a LOT of high level JCs. Maybe you just haven't figured out the MU.

I regularly play against Playpal, and in Dallas I fought a LOT of high level JCs. Maybe you just haven't figured out the MU.
nah i know the mu, you fail to realize the real issues that cage gives reptile. If only you had the chance to play Dab's or denzell's cage, you'd know what i'm talking about.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
nah i know the mu, you fail to realize the real issues that cage gives reptile. If only you had the chance to play Dab's or denzell's cage, you'd know what i'm talking about.
Well then why do we even have a thread to discuss this right? After all your word is the law, and because you can't beat these 2 guys the entire experience of the reptile community doesn't count for shit. Amirite?