What's new

Who are the top 5 players?

Wigy

There it is...
I like to defend Dragon as number 1 for winning evo. Isn't that the point of evo?
We're talking skill here.

You kind of have to take into account that dragon plays shamlessly cheesy taking the easy character/playstyle if he can.

You kind of have to take into account that dragon plays shamlessly cheesy taking the easy character/playstyle if he can.
Fuck that! They play to win. Sonic used dead shot to win ect. Dragon also used ivy, who is extremely execution heavy. Whether aquaman was broken or not is irrelevant because he beat enough mirrors to prove he's better. Same as sonic at ect.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Top 10:

1 Sonic Fox
2 Dragon
3 Theo
4 Semiij
5 Biohazard
6 Whiteboi
7 Foxy Grampa
8 Honeybee
9 Forever King
10 Tekken Master

Honorable mentions: Gross, Hayatei

Cashual

People still hating on Dragon for playing Aquaman and Black Adam yet tons of community favorite players play Catwoman, Deadshot etc.

You can't take away from Dragon based on character choice. People play who they want to play for a variety of reasons, but all characters are available to all players.

Do people really think other top players would be whooping dragons ass with ease except for the fact that they're simply just too honorable to play the characters he does?

The delusion is real. Dragon has been almost for sure the 2nd best NRS player in the world since what, the beginning of 2016? Slightly later?

Wigy

There it is...
The fact people on this website have this mentality is just LUL. You'll get a better response on gamefaqs.
People are so against this stuff beyond logic.

Realistically look at it, some characters have a very very simple gameplan. some characters you need to make a lot of hard reads with high execution.

That should be taken into account.

Dragon is definitely a top player, but aquaman was fucked and had a low as shit skill ceiling, how is that not relevent when talking about the best of the best.

I'm not saying dragon isnt one of the best. His defence during evo was unreal but he got his damage off the fact aquaman had mad range, that silly plus on block launching low on top of ridic safe chip.

Instead of butt riding people why dont we take the fact that some characters are potatos into account.

If dragon is the best, evo did not prove it.

Wigy

There it is...
Fuck that! They play to win. Sonic used dead shot to win ect. Dragon also used ivy, who is extremely execution heavy. Whether aquaman was broken or not is irrelevant because he beat enough mirrors to prove he's better. Same as sonic at ect.
He switched off ivy like all of top 8 didnt he?

I'm not saying its shitty to do what he did, but if we're talking skill, its worth mentioning he played a potato OP character.

No you wouldn't. That's a dumb way to look at things. If you look at sf4 its like saying momochi wasn't the best in the world in 2014 early 2015 because he mained Ken. That a dumb way to look at things especially when some characters are ment to be harder than the other. Seriously people need to stop using stuff that takes skill to justify there reason cause that doesn't matter you know what does matter wins and results.

Realistically look at it, some characters have a very very simple gameplan. some characters you need to make a lot of hard reads with high execution.

Dragon is definitely a top player, but aquaman was fucked and had a low as shit skill ceiling, how is that not relevent when talking about the best of the best.

I'm not saying dragon isnt one of the best. His defence during evo was unreal but he got his damage off the fact aquaman had mad range, that silly plus on block launching low on top of ridic safe chip.

Instead of butt riding people why dont we take the fact that some characters are potatos into account.

Like I said, gamefaqs would be a better site for you.

What determines best player? Number of tourneys won? Ipl? Winning what's considered the most prestigious tourney of the year? Honest question.

He switched off ivy like all of top 8 didnt he?

I'm not saying its shitty to do what he did, but if we're talking skill, its worth mentioning he played a potato OP character.
I was just giving an example to show dragon doesn't look to main easy broke characters. If that was the case I feel he would main supes lol I like this thread and want this irrelevant argument to be dead. Dragon gets hate for coming up while maining alien. The fox couldn't beat tekken master without alien. So everyone that wants to discredit dragon can discredit their king fox also( no hate towards sonic.)

I'd like to know what majority of the ppl see as determining best current player and that's what the thread is for. Let's answer that question.

Cashual

No you wouldn't. That's a dumb way to look at things. If you look at sf4 its like saying momochi wasn't the best in the world in 2014 early 2015 because he mained Ken. That a dumb way to look at things especially when some characters are ment to be harder than the other. Seriously people need to stop using stuff that takes skill to justify there reason cause that doesn't matter you know what does matter wins and results.
I

So does catwoman or deadshot or even superman have a really difficult to discern gameplan? I think there's a lot of characters in this game that are very straightforward, and I don't think that's a bad thing really.

In a sense playing characters with more straightforward approaches make the outcome more dependent on skill in the form of spacing/footsies/neutral, anti-airing, meter management, matchup knowledge, etc.

I think everyone agrees Aquaman was too strong and too effective at all ranges on the screen, but again, who besides Dragon, Theo, and maybe sort of kind of Gross really were stacking top 8s and beating the best players? We can't act like playing Aquaman or any character really elevates players to a different stratosphere to which they don't belong. Dragon is for sure without a doubt top 3 in this game by basically any metric (placings, consistency, passing the "eye test", character knowledge and commitment to the game).

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Each player can pick each character in the roaster, that's true. When counting player skill though, the character pick still matters.

Whiteboy should be getting extra props for his results compared to those players that kept staying with the meta characters as it was harder for him, simple as that.

I

So does catwoman or deadshot or even superman have a really difficult to discern gameplan? I think there's a lot of characters in this game that are very straightforward, and I don't think that's a bad thing really.

In a sense playing characters with more straightforward approaches make the outcome more dependent on skill in the form of spacing/footsies/neutral, anti-airing, meter management, matchup knowledge, etc.

I think everyone agrees Aquaman was too strong and too effective at all ranges on the screen, but again, who besides Dragon, Theo, and maybe sort of kind of Gross really were stacking top 8s and beating the best players? We can't act like playing Aquaman or any character really elevates players to a different stratosphere to which they don't belong. Dragon is for sure without a doubt top 3 in this game by basically any metric (placings, consistency, passing the "eye test", character knowledge and commitment to the game).
Do people really think like this? Sonic won evo with batgirl and alien. Guess he just passes the eye test too. If you don't let evo or any other tourney determine the standings then we'd have a never ending argument. Based off skill I choose tom brady because he sticks with sub no matter what.....

See how stupid that is

Exactly what is so hard about a 6f d1 that leads to plus frames or a cg? Character skill is irrelevant to placement. I main flash and honeybee at evo wanted to make me cry but he still wasn't good enough to win. Is what it is. Anything else is an excuse

Wigy

There it is...
Man.. Everyone can think what they want, i just dont see how its not relevent that some characters are really easy to play and overpowered when you're talking about whos the best.

Again, im not saying dragon isnt top, but evo wasn't proof for me cause aquaman was such an easy mess.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Seems like:

1. Sonic
and then
Dragon, Theo, Semiij, and Biohazard in any order is the general consensus. With Whiteboi and Foxy Grandpa right behind.

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
1 Deadshot
2 Deadshot
3 Deadshot
4 Deadshot
5 probably Deadshot

:DOGE

Honestly, if Deadshot gets nerfed or his Supergirl counterpick gets better, @OmGxBdON will be pushing for that 8th-5th position, this kid is ridiculous with Fate, and is continually getting better.

Also honourable mention to ILussions, he's always just outside of top 8 or in them, waiting for the day he makes grand finals.
Illusions, bio, and bee are definitely my favorite to watch.