What's new

Who are the most improved characters in version 1.07?

Who are the most improved characters in version 1.07?

• Total voters

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Care to elaborate?
45% unbreakable damage withing Fatal Blow range, BUT YOU DONT EVEN NEED TO USE THE FATAL BLOW BECAUSE OF THE CANCEL. The ShadesThrow Krushing Blow allows this.

Unbreakable damage in general with the AmpCamera. Great set play with no knockdowns. He has an amazing auto-shimmy string that could go into a huge hit confirm so his grab game is as good as other characters with auto-shimmys like Noob, Cassie, and Baraka. In some matchups he even has AmpForceballs being + on strings so he could immediately go into his auto-shimmy or grab once again.

He's like a different version of Cassie's Yaas Queen now. He's a footsies beast.
Once he gets going, he keeps going because he doesn't have to worry about the opponent's wakeup options. You get hit once, he gets the opportunity to hit you again with no risk at all. It's a borderline vortex.

No gimmicks, just solid play, so I could kind of see how people are overlooking it, but if a top player gets their hands on Showstopper, just get ready to start seeing the bandwagon. The character is crazy good at the moment.

Last edited:

kcd117

Noob
Frost received the most game-changing buffs and appears to sit at a very good spot in the meta rn.

D'vorah got the buffs she needed to be viable in both variations and is now a very solid character.

Noob got the treatment all characters should've gotten. They made both of his variations very good without being broken.

And lbsh, Johnny Cage is an extremely fucked up character if we look at his frame data and pressure tools, and they fixed a major part of his whiffing issues with the patch, so he certainly went from like top 15 to top 10. If they ever allow his force balls to jail on everyone he'll secure that top 3 spot no doubt.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I think Liu Kang. Easier jailing into a + frame 12 stagger....if you respect it, you get another 12 stagger OR a F4 for your troubles.

Probably the best blender strike/throw in the game now and it's easier than ever to get it.

I'm just sitting over here with my Kung Lao....with my 8f standing 1 thats -3 and 12 (-5) respectively hanging out with my 10f mid that doesn't have a crushing blow attached to it. #Number2Shaolin.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Dvorah by far for me, every dvorah player tries the same shit with her jailing frame trap strings and pokes with those damn spider legs. One guy I played online tried to sell me bs that shes "lowest tier" and that he invented her techs and don't listen to Honeybee lol.

Last edited:

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Frost received the most game-changing buffs and appears to sit at a very good spot in the meta rn.

D'vorah got the buffs she needed to be viable in both variations and is now a very solid character.

Noob got the treatment all characters should've gotten. They made both of his variations very good without being broken.

And lbsh, Johnny Cage is an extremely fucked up character if we look at his frame data and pressure tools, and they fixed a major part of his whiffing issues with the patch, so he certainly went from like top 15 to top 10. If they ever allow his force balls to jail on everyone he'll secure that top 3 spot no doubt.
This.
Everyone just read this.

It'll be the only thing you need to read in the entire thread. These are the characters who benefitted the most from the patch.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Dvorah by far for me, every dvorah player tries the same shit with her jailing frame trap strings and pokes with those damn spider legs. One guy I played online tried to sell me bs that shes "lowest tier" lol
Unless he somehow didn't get the patch installed, he's completely full of shit. Her pressure game is one of the most oppressive in the game now.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
I don't play the whole cast so it's hard to say, but I'm giving a BIG 2nd look at spare change Kollector and dirtbag Kano. I've been waiting for a proper dot trap character but most of the variations that used dots were inferior. I think plasma grenade jacqui got a little better as well.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I don't play the whole cast so it's hard to say, but I'm giving a BIG 2nd look at spare change Kollector and dirtbag Kano. I've been waiting for a proper dot trap character but most of the variations that used dots were inferior. I think plasma grenade jacqui got a little better as well.
Dude, if you want DOT pick Erron Black and be done with it lol

Last edited:

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Dude, if you want DOT pick Erron Black be done with it lol
He's off the table because I just don't like playing him. I grew up with a lot of cowboys and he just reminds of a really homoerotic stripper with a bunch of bad action movie 1 liners. While I totally agree with you, I should have mentioned I have no interest in playing EB lol

M2Dave

Zoning Master
45% unbreakable damage withing Fatal Blow range, BUT YOU DONT EVEN NEED TO USE THE FATAL BLOW BECAUSE OF THE CANCEL. The ShadesThrow Krushing Blow allows this.

Unbreakable damage in general with the AmpCamera. Great set play with no knockdowns. He has an amazing auto-shimmy string that could go into a huge hit confirm so his grab game is as good as other characters with auto-shimmys like Noob, Cassie, and Baraka. In some matchups he even has AmpForceballs being + on strings so he could immediately go into his auto-shimmy or grab once again.

He's like a different version of Cassie's Yaas Queen now. He's a footsies beast.
Once he gets going, he keeps going because he doesn't have to worry about the opponent's wakeup options. You get hit once, he gets the opportunity to hit you again with no risk at all. It's a borderline vortex.

No gimmicks, just solid play, so I could kind of see how people are overlooking it, but if a top player gets their hands on Showstopper, just get ready to start seeing the bandwagon. The character is crazy good at the moment.
Johnny Cage is certainly not as bad as some players claim. However, I have yet to see anyone not named Kombat talk about taking the character seriously. Generally speaking, the vast majority of players appear to be sticking with their main characters, though.

And LOL @ Kotal Kahn getting no votes.

DeftMonk

Noob
What yo

am I missing something? Great set play with no knockdowns? You lost me there. Honestly I rarely use any of the moves that come with the other variation(knuckles, caged rage, parry) I just prefer that variation for the nutpunch. I do use the stuff just not near as much as any other char uses it’s variation specific moves (except knuckles I never use that).

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah Johnny definitely isn't bad, this one guy got me into a reset partial with his cancels. I couldn't even use any wake ups because he kept staggering and cancelling me. Like WTF lol. Anyone says he sucks is lying. I've played a few solid Cages.

Unless he somehow didn't get the patch installed, he's completely full of shit. Her pressure game is one of the most oppressive in the game now.
Indeed, then he actually followed me(found me) on twitter[not creepy at all] and claimed that he invented her tech lol. Too funny.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I chose D'Vorah and Kollector since they went from low tier to upper mId/low A time will tell.
I then chose Noob because his Seeing Double could be high tier. He gets great damage has a very string ghost ball and has combos off his F22 which is super strong not to mention he can make anything safe and has amazing mids.

Frost because she was already good but now she has better hitboxes and can hail from pokes with an 11f mid. Dragon is gonna use her watch.
. honorable mentions:

Johnny Camera buff gives him 55-65% damage and 45% unbreakable combos and his plus on block connects on females. Amazing character.

Cetrion FON seems legit good with those cancels she may have received a nerf to rock but it was counterable before and Cetrion's just need to alternate projectiles instead if using rock xx Earthquake frame trap. Its better because you can bait a jump after earthquake and cancel it to s1 them out of air. I see this variation doing work in tournys hopefully we see Shijinkydink place with his main.

Yeah Johnny definitely isn't bad, this one guy got me into a reset partial with his cancels. I couldn't even use any wake ups because he kept staggering and cancelling me. Like WTF lol. Anyone says he sucks is lying. I've played a few solid Cages.

Indeed, then he actually followed me(found me) on twitter[not creepy at all] and claimed that he invented her tech lol. Too funny.
Social media is the devil

You can't tell whether he's dropping from above, or if he's going low. It's stupid.
Thats a 50/50 , its low reward high risk on top of that this is not ridiculous in the slightest , this variation loses nearly all mindgames that are in the other variation , its no where near as good as the other one. And neither of them are ridiculous in the first place.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
The fact that people aren't saying Johnny is scaring me...

The character is legitimately top 6-7 AT THE VERY LEAST at the moment imo.

DVorah and Kollector did jump to mid-tier, but it isn't as drastic of a jump as Johnny.

Just wait and see lol. Players like Hayate, Sonic, Kombat, and a few others have already taken notice lol.
Be careful you’ll attract the Johnny downplayers with that kind of sensical talk.