What's new

Strategy Whiff Punishing Black Adam's Lightning Strike

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
look at the recovery of lightning strike and tell me you cant teleport after you jump it and d1 sword full combo
The teleport duration takes a bit too long and I already have to be a master jedi to try to punish with a 13 frame trait projectile.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The teleport duration takes a bit too long and I already have to be a master jedi to try to punish with a 13 frame trait projectile.
its not 13, its about 16-8

teleport 21f + 10f recovery is 31f, d1 is 6 so thats 37 frames against the 46 recovery frames on whiff for the lightning

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
lighting strike 26 frame start up,
teleport 20 frame start up.
no human is doing that on reaction, its a read.
jumping and punishing in the recovery frames is a totally different situation.
read the rest of my posts.

startup is 26, you jump on the first few and you land at the same time the startup is over.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
read the rest of my posts.

startup is 26, you jump on the first few and you land at the same time the startup is over.

i did read them, ares's jump 1/2 dont reach reach full screen like lighting strike does, that only comes into play at jump distance and even then MB lighting strike can catch people just jumping depending on spacing as im sure you already no.
not saying ares cant punish it, my point just is no ares is teleporting on reaction to it like you suggested in another post, thats all im saying :)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i did read them, ares's jump 1/2 dont reach reach full screen like lighting strike does, that only comes into play at jump distance and even then MB lighting strike can catch people just jumping depending on spacing as im sure you already no.
not saying ares cant punish it, my point just is no ares is teleporting on reaction to it like you suggested in another post, thats all im saying :)
im talking about jumping then teleporting when you hit the ground

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
MB lighting ggs to trying to jump, its no were as easy as your making out but i dont need to get into a big discussion about it, its cool :cool:
how is mb lightning gonna catch you after you jump the first lightning lol? all you literally have to do is jump and teleport

1man3letters

how is mb lightning gonna catch you after you jump the first lightning lol? all you literally have to do is jump and teleport

the 2nd or more normally 3rd part of MB lighting can catch jumps, so if u try to jump and a mb happens you get hit,
like i said it reads not reactions, on both players part

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Can't test it because I'm not home, but I'm pretty sure Lex can jump and Air Corps Charge. I'm also really curious if he can jump and Gravity Pull. I'll check when I get home (unless someone checks for me). Might be able to jump and trait up as well...

Ooooo man the wheels are spinning

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I can't believe people are just talking about this four months after the game's release. You want to nerf him, but yet don't even fully understand what his weaknesses are. Not saying nerfs aren't justified, but it just goes to show how you all cry before even really delving into anything.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
the 2nd or more normally 3rd part of MB lighting can catch jumps, so if u try to jump and a mb happens you get hit,
like i said it reads not reactions, on both players part
the hitbox for all mb lightning strikes are the same. once you jump lightning on reaction it will not catch you. this has been done vs me a lot of times in offline casuals, there is no read

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I can't believe people are just talking about this four months after the games release. You want to nerf him, but yet don't even fully understand what his weaknesses are. Not saying nerfs aren't justified, but it just goes to show how you all cry before even really delving into anything.

Said this day 1 about Take2Chance.

4 months later TYM goes into training mode with Black Adam and says what the BA forum has known from the beginning.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
nope up get full combo punished if you try teleport after a wiffed lighting
frame data does not support this, 26 and 46 frames are posted earlier for lightning, teleport itself is 32 full frames, if a forward jump is 40 frames youre face to face at neutral.

1man3letters

the hitbox for all mb lightning strikes are the same. once you jump lightning on reaction it will not catch you. this has been done vs me a lot of times in offline casuals, there is no read

man i said i didnt get in big discussion over this.
all i said was u cant teleport lighting on reaction, u also had the recovery frames of ares teleport wrong, off by 9 frames.
if u jump either normal or mb lighting and it doesnt hit u if u teleport ares gets punished. the method you describing for ares to punish is wrong.
dont just go by frame data, go by playing it.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
man i said i didnt get in big discussion over this.
all i said was u cant teleport lighting on reaction, u also had the recovery frames of ares teleport wrong, off by 9 frames.
if u jump either normal or mb lighting and it doesnt hit u if u teleport ares gets punished. the method you describing for ares to punish is wrong.
dont just go by frame data, go by playing it.
how - is ares after a teleport then?

im not talking about teleport on reaction, im saying you need to jump over lightning first.

1man3letters

im not talking about teleport on reaction, im saying you need to jump over lightning first.

start up 20, recovery 19
read the post your just quoted, its talking about what happens if u jump the over lighting and teleport, ares gets punished

smokey

EX Ovi should launch

Youre underestimating the frame data of jumps. You cant jump and land in 20 frames.

LaR

Noob
frame data does not support this, 26 and 46 frames are posted earlier for lightning, teleport itself is 32 full frames, if a forward jump is 40 frames youre face to face at neutral.
your not taking into account the frames it takes to react to something which is about 20. and even you happen to jump on the the first frame of lighting you still get punished or are forced to block

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
start up 20, recovery 19
read the post your just quoted, its talking about what happens if u jump the over lighting and teleport, ares gets punished
Youre underestimating the frame data of jumps. You cant jump and land in 20 frames.
so basically

20 and 19 is 39

Lightning startup is 26 and 46 recovery is 72

jump on the first 10 frames of startup and we end up with 49

so if jumps arent about 29f you're punished i guess