What's new

Which top MK9 players have been top in other non-MK fighters? (Future injustice collaboration?)

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
i have the feeling that if injustice truly plays more similar to SF than MK, MK players are gonna be exposed as just that - mk players. i would love to see my favourite MK players do well though. if injustice is more familiar to Mk, then i feel like we have more a chance to dominate.

The only non-MK thing is back to block when it comes to "is it more like MK or Street Fighter": Combos work the same, strings work the same, moves work the same, etc....The only thing it will expose is if the block button is truly a crutch for these people.

It's impossible to tell who will be "top". Not much is known about how the game will play. All we have is tidbits of information and a few videos floating around. Just because someone is "top" at another fighting game doesn't mean they will be "top" in injustice. Theres still dial a combos in IGAU and the physics are like MK, It seems to use the same engine. I don't think it will be such a big leap. Holding back to block won't be an issue, I suspect people will get used to it fast.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
There's 5 people I would nearly guarantee will be top players in Injustice.

- REO
- NYChrisG
- JWonggg
- CD jr
- Perfect Legend

REO is one of the best players in every single MK game. He played SF4 for like a week and was beating players who had been playing it for years.

ChrisG and Justin are top players in nearly every fighting game they play seriously.

CDJr and PL both are top MK9 players but have a lot of experience with other fighters against high level competition.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
The only non-MK thing is back to block when it comes to "is it more like MK or Street Fighter": Combos work the same, strings work the same, moves work the same, etc....The only thing it will expose is if the block button is truly a crutch for these people.
It's impossible to tell who will be "top". Not much is known about how the game will play. All we have is tidbits of information and a few videos floating around. Just because someone is "top" at another fighting game doesn't mean they will be "top" in injustice. Theres still dial a combos in IGAU and the physics are like MK, It seems to use the same engine. I don't think it will be such a big leap. Holding back to block won't be an issue, I suspect people will get used to it fast.
Some have played the game at events and shows to get a feeling of it. I feel it wont play like MK at all and a lot more like sf4

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
The only thing back to block introduces is more mix up options for your opponent. It will take people not used to such a block system a month tops for it to become a natural reflex.
Imo the thing that will set Injustice apart from MK and give a bit bigger learning curve to people who only have experience in a fighting game via mk is the fact that you can't cancel dashes into normal and that you can't simply opt for a crossup in your offense after a string or cross up during your opponent pressure in order to reverse the momentum.

I$AAC

Noob
I've placed top 8 in Super Turbo in FR14 and have won various tourneys or placed high in Tekken 4-6, and I've been the best in FL in ST/HDR. My biggest hindrance unfortunately is that I don't have the means to travel very often :(

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Some have played the game at events and shows to get a feeling of it. I feel it wont play like MK at all and a lot more like sf4

All games have an adjustment period, from MK9 to MK10 I bet even top players from 9 playing it for the first time will take time.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I would say in my prime MkD, MK2 and killer instinct I would be considered a top player. Haven't been able to do that with mk9.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Why is Foxy on there for playing a shooter? At one point I was one of the best doom2 players in the world. Does that count?

Dizzy is pretty decent at World of Warcraft. lolz.

Also I thought PL was really good at AE, no?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Why is Foxy on there for playing a shooter? At one point I was one of the best doom2 players in the world. Does that count?

Dizzy is pretty decent at World of Warcraft. lolz.

Also I thought PL was really good at AE, no?
you're right i need to remove that

my bad man

PLUS TO BE ON THE LIST YOU NEED TO HAVE PLACED TOP 8 AT A LEGIT MAJOR

been good in other fighters does not mean you will be good in injustice

some games fix better the play style of some players than others and this has a lot to do with how good you maybe in the game

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Has Mr. Mileena played other games? Something about his playing style and the way he uses certain characters makes me think that he'll be highly dangerous with a game like Injustice.