What's new

Question - Sub-Zero Which Sub-Zero variation will you main?

Which Sub-Zero variation will you main?

• Total voters

AZTEC-GOD

I will kill you for sport.
I really love that Sub has a rush down variation cos mainly that's my style. My main has always been Scorpion, he's my favorite but close second is Subzero. I love that he's a lot faster here, sometimes I couldn't take how slow he was in MK9 with some of his moves. I plan on mastering them ALL :)

AZTEC-GOD

I will kill you for sport.
PS I TRULY hope he gets a better X-ray attack, I'm thinking his current one was just a whatever X so that he can be shown off. I'm hoping it gets a much better permanent X like Raiden received (EPIC by the way) For me Subs current Xray seems so generic, come on NRS he's a badass ninja who can manipulate ICE....I'm sure there are WAY better Xray's out there.

EXAMPLE X RAY: He starts out by completely covering himself in ice on TOP of his skin(body) for stronger added damage (so he's all blue and shiny) Runs to his opponent uppercuts with his opponent huge ice fist up into the air. While the opponent is in the air he summons an ice sharp ice spike from the ground - jumps to reach his opponents head and jams his throat through the ice spike. (LOOKS way badass the way I envision it in my mind, lol)

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Maybe I've not put enough thought into it, but I'm not super excited about throwing the Ice Clone like some guys seem to be. I don't dislike it; I just don't see it as all that strong unless I'm missing some detail.

You're in a fireball war situation...If Clone is going to eat a projectile, why wouldn't you use that opportunity to put Ice Blast on the screen?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
EXAMPLE X RAY: He starts out by completely covering himself in ice on TOP of his skin(body) for stronger added damage (so he's all blue and shiny) Runs to his opponent uppercuts with his opponent huge ice fist up into the air. While the opponent is in the air he summons an ice sharp ice spike from the ground - jumps to reach his opponents head and jams his throat through the ice spike. (LOOKS way badass the way I envision it in my mind, lol)
That actually sounds pretty fucking awesome.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Xray discussion only drives point of subjectiveness home. I, for one, would take current Sub's Xray over Raiden's any day. In fact, I'd take anything up to and including no Xray over current Raiden's Xray though. If that didn't have gameplay ramifications. Whatever.

As for clone throw, I don't think it's for fireball wars. Doesn't look fast enough, and requires setup on top of that. Subs has ex ball for that.

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
Sub's current x-ray function-wise is awesome,, It's a counter when being hold, and also rushing towards the enemy ala mk9,, hopefully it can pass projectile like mk9 as well,,

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
Once I give cassie a week or so of testing and playing, I'll probably end up maining Grandmaster since it matches my play style with sub.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Sub's current x-ray function-wise is awesome,, It's a counter when being hold, and also rushing towards the enemy ala mk9,, hopefully it can pass projectile like mk9 as well,,
Fairly sure that every X-Ray had that property in MK9, and so it will be in MKX.
What? People even found armored framed on Kabal's X-Ray!

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
Fairly sure that every X-Ray had that property in MK9, and so it will be in MKX.
What? People even found armored framed on Kabal's X-Ray!
In MK 9 most X-Ray have armor in it (I don't think Johnny's X-Ray have an armor against projectiles), but we don't know for sure if that's the case in MKX until further analysis, or until the game's out

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
The rushing towards the enemy part of this... from what I remember it looked to be a point-blank ranged attack. MK9'S went like 4/5 screen (and was super fast). We seem to be trading the speed/distance for the parry element, which is unfortunate. Hopefully it's solid.

MK9 Sub had the best X-Ray in the game. So far in MKX, it looks like Reptile has the closest resembling one. Shame, shame.

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
The rushing towards the enemy part of this... from what I remember it looked to be a point-blank ranged attack. MK9'S went like 4/5 screen (and was super fast). We seem to be trading the speed/distance for the parry element, which is unfortunate. Hopefully it's solid.

MK9 Sub had the best X-Ray in the game. So far in MKX, it looks like Reptile has the closest resembling one. Shame, shame.
I know right, it's fast, got armor, and best of all it leaves the enemy standing,, a property which is lost in MKX Subz