What's new

Which comic character has the best rogues gallery?

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Spider-Man has the best Rogues It's not even funny.They are iconic AND actual threats!I mean look.Spider-man IS a villain now.This is all highly ironic since I dont read Spider-Man myself(Might do it now,actually).
I would rate X-Men villains but LBSH the franchise has been running on empty with villains and Magneto's status is highly convulted to the point I'm not sure if he is a villian or an anti-hero.
Deyrax I agree Hulk's villains are often overlooked but they are sick!

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Also in terms of personal damage to their enemies, I might put Osborn on top of joker, what happened to gwen has defined Spiderman, but when Jason Todd died he got very angry for a bit but then moved on to tim and nothing really happened until dc revived jason, even though batman claims it is his biggest failure...

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Norman Osborne killed Gwen Stacey.

Joker killed Jason Todd.

Joker also parylized Bat Girl. He has killed MILLIONS.

How many has Osborne killed?

Flashes rogues are powerful within their realm, but the fact that they haven't really done anything substantial decredits them on a top 10 list. I dunno...Weather Wizard, Captain Cold, Mirror Master, Zoom...they don't exactly strike fear into my heart.

Spiderman has some pretty shit villains tho. The Scorpion, Any symbiote other than Venom and Carnage, Rhyno, Hammerhead, Hypno Hustler, Kangaroo, Boomerang, etc.

Joker has not killed millions (in non Alt universe stuff) but if we're talking body count then Mongul killed an entire city of millions.

Norman has: Had a one night stand with Gwen and got her pregnant with his children, Killed Gwen, took over S.H.I.E.L.D. , forced Peter's best friend to abandon him, and that's just the stuff I remember.

"Anything substantial"...Like what? Like trying to BECOME Flash and then murdering Flash's wife when it fell apart?

Scorpion and Rhyno are not shit, Hammerhead is a typical gangster, the rest are feh.

DuskAlloy

That's the thing about Joker tho. He is every bit of intelligent as he is insane. His character dimensions are endless. If you want to see creepy/scary joker, have a look at the new 52 arc "Death Of The Family". They have really altered his character.
Ive read it and even though I thought the ripped off face thing was a cheesy cash grab it was the first time in ten years that I actually liked the Joker, and your other point about Joker being as intelligent, I know that now they have made him into a super genious basically but I thought the entire point of his character was to be an insane clown who rivaled batman, not be some god tier villain who is inconsistent in his abilities

CCVengeance

Osborn also unleashed Sentry on Asgard after ordering Bob's wife be killed which resulted in the dead of a bunch of people.He also tortured the Academy kids.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
That's the thing about Joker tho. He is every bit of intelligent as he is insane. His character dimensions are endless. If you want to see creepy/scary joker, have a look at the new 52 arc "Death Of The Family". They have really altered his character.

Lex is smarter than Joker and insane as fuck without it being "in your face". His God Complex is ridiculous.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Joker has not killed millions (in non Alt universe stuff) but if we're talking body count then Mongul killed an entire city of millions.

Norman has: Had a one night stand with Gwen and got her pregnant with his children, Killed Gwen, took over S.H.I.E.L.D. , forced Peter's best friend to abandon him, and that's just the stuff I remember.

"Anything substantial"...Like what? Like trying to BECOME Flash and then murdering Flash's wife when it fell apart?

Scorpion and Rhyno are not shit, Hammerhead is a typical gangster, the rest are feh.

Rhyno is a grown man in a rhyno suit that charges at things. He is shit. Scorpion is infinitely better, but not much.

Joker has Killed Jason todd, which yes did affect Batman on many levels. It caused him to become very risky, almost to the point of killing himself in combat. Batman needs a robin, it keeps him from going absolutely batshit insane. The only reason Tim became Robin was so that Batman wouldn't end up killing himself.

Joker also Paralyzed babs, and submitted multiple people to insane levels of torture.
He has the ability to convert people and twist their thoughts because half of the stuff he speaks does in fact make sense. He is one of the most manipulative villains aside from Lex.

Joker especially in his last arc even in defeat damaged each individual member of the bat family psychologically...most to the point where they don't trust Bruce anymore...and he did it as a joke. He had no information on them at all.

Joker has maimed, killed children, used children as weapons, blown city blocks up, poisoned people, and for really no purpose other then to cause chaos. All the while, when he explains his motives, it makes sense. It's really fucked up.

CCVengeance

Compbros To answer your question about what makes a good Rougue Gallery?I think it falls down to iconic status(or popularity) and wheter they actually give the hero a challenge which Spidey has in stride.The problem with Batman is that most of his most iconic villains fall on the "Mustache-twriling Mastermind" without any actual combat abilities.At least Bane and Ra's are good at both.

DuskAlloy

Rhyno is a grown man in a rhyno suit that charges at things. He is shit. Scorpion is infinitely better, but not much.

Joker has Killed Jason todd, which yes did affect Batman on many levels. It caused him to become very risky, almost to the point of killing himself in combat. Batman needs a robin, it keeps him from going absolutely batshit insane. The only reason Tim became Robin was so that Batman wouldn't end up killing himself.

Joker also Paralyzed babs, and submitted multiple people to insane levels of torture.
He has the ability to convert people and twist their thoughts because half of the stuff he speaks does in fact make sense. He is one of the most manipulative villains aside from Lex.

Joker especially in his last arc even in defeat damaged each individual member of the bat family psychologically...most to the point where they don't trust Bruce anymore...and he did it as a joke. He had no information on them at all.

Joker has maimed, killed children, used children as weapons, blown city blocks up, poisoned people, and for really no purpose other then to cause chaos. All the while, when he explains his motives, it makes sense. It's really fucked up.
No it didnt change batman, it only lasted for a short time until tim showed up then it was barely mentioned until Jason was revived, and the problem that I have with batman villains is that they dont come across as a threat to batman, DC is so inconsistent with how powerful Batman is that at one second he is fighting superman (but still losing) toe to toe and then in his comics a fucking clown or a giant caribbean gimp give him trouble to the point where he almost loses, I cant help but feel that the batman rouges gallery is impotent

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

Joker is a guy in a clown suit that cuts people. It's not about that, it's about the CHARACTER and Rhyno has had a tragic arc quite recently.

OK? It affected Batman, yes, but when was this ever my point? Joker is a very good villain for Batman but not the best villain ever.

Lex turned the ENTIRE WORLD (heroes and villains and common people) against SUPERMAN AND BATMAN! He was the PRESIDENT OF THE U.S. AT ONE POINT!

Yes, he does fucked up things.

Edit: You know who else did fucked up things? Every villain. Hell, Dr. Light RAPED a heroes wife ON THE WATCHTOWER.

CCVengeance

Cant believe people are overlooking the biggest villain of them all:The Scarlet Witch!
She committed Genocide and got away scot-free!:16Bit

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Fair enough that you think that... I mean I respectfully disagree hence why I was curious.
I like Hulk and his rogues, because I like seeing huge strong characters like Juggernaut, Zzzax, Abomination, Bi-Beast, Madman, Man-Thing, Wendigo, Fin Fang Foom battling it out with Hulk. Besides, Hulk has so many comic book appearances that he went against almost everyone in Marvel Universe.

DuskAlloy

I guess the reason why I dont like Joker is that he is a one note character without much depth, he is insane because he has nhilistic beliefs that everything we do is a joke and likes to mess with batman because he is basically the joker but not evil, that is all the character development he has ever gotten and he gets old after a while, I heard some people theorize with the new death and the family arc that Joker may almost have a sexual fascination with batman, and I actually thought that was interesting, but as soon as I checked out the reply comments all I saw was people scoffing at the idea of character development

DuskAlloy

I like Hulk and his rogues, because I like seeing huge strong characters like Juggernaut, Zzzax, Abomination, Bi-Beast, Madman, Man-Thing, Wendigo, Fin Fang Foom battling it out with Hulk. Besides, Hulk has so many comic book appearances that he went against almost everyone in Marvel Universe.
Well you have to admit that some characters that could of beaten the hulk were jobbed out rather idioticaly aka Doctor Strange lol

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Cant believe people are overlooking the biggest villain of them all:The Scarlet Witch!
She committed Genocide and got away scot-free!:16Bit
The mutant menace deserves it. I hate those filthy muties.

And everyone knows that great villains are not measured by body count but by how well they interact with not only their enemy but the world and people around them. Joker is okay yeah but it's difficult as hell to include him in things besides Batman stories.

I'd say the best rogues gallery is the actual rogues (the Flash's rogues) since they have team chemistry which is rare for villainous groups that aren't "MEANWHILE IN THE LEGION OF DOOM!".

DuskAlloy

It wouldnt be so bad is she had a shred of remorse but nope she dont give a fuck.
The Vision was actually pissed at her for a while and I loved that, but of course Ms. Marvel had to ruin it by being all: "Oh she made a mistake, it happens to all of us" and I was like no bitch it doesnt, she commited genocide and fucked with the world...

DuskAlloy

And everyone knows that great villains are not measured by body count but by how well they interact with not only their enemy but the world and people around them. Joker is okay yeah but it's difficult as hell to include him in things besides Batman stories.

I'd say the best rogues gallery is the actual rogues (the Flash's rogues) since they have team chemistry which is rare for villainous groups that aren't "MEANWHILE IN THE LEGION OF DOOM!".
This I love you GuamoKun, except that your a speciest... some X-men are cool, althought I generally dont like them much but I love Nightcrawler and Colossus, and Wolverine when he is with those two but not when his is by himself lol

CCVengeance

The Vision was actually pissed at her for a while and I loved that, but of course Ms. Marvel had to ruin it by being all: "Oh she made a mistake, it happens to all of us" and I was like no bitch it doesnt, she commited genocide and fucked with the world...
You know there's a problem when the living Dildo has more common sense than every hero on Earth.

You are deader than Dick to me.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Well you have to admit that some characters that could of beaten the hulk were jobbed out rather idioticaly aka Doctor Strange lol
Each to his own. I've read plenty of Hulk comic books, sadly not all of them, and I've seen Hulk do feats greater than beating Stephen.

DuskAlloy

You know there's a problem when the living Dildo has more common sense than every hero on Earth.

You are deader than Dick to me.
Hey the Vision is cool... he just needs much to pick better women, and I agree, what the hell is with the double standard in the marvel universe

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

What about the Sinister Six?

Spidey's villains work very well alone and teaming up.

DuskAlloy

Each to his own. I've read plenty of Hulk comic books, sadly not all of them, and I've seen Hulk do feats greater than beating Stephen.
Ive also seen the hulk get knocked out by spiderman 1 on 1 and with no tricks, so Hulk's power level is kind of inconsistent