What's new

Which character would you never want to main?

Any character that can win by doing the same 3 moves over and over. So like, Liu Kang, Smoke, Raiden, Quan Chi, Reptile, etc. I picked Jade because she looked like she takes brains to use.
I would have bet money you were going to say kung lao, but I see the error in my thinking now lol. Tbh smoke is not easy to play, or at least hes harder than the rest on there imo. His combos are simple, but MK9 isnt all about combos.

Anyway I'd never want to main Kabal cause I don't want a hand injury.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Any character that can win by doing the same 3 moves over and over. So like, Liu Kang, Smoke, Raiden, Quan Chi, Reptile, etc. I picked Jade because she looked like she takes brains to use.
so how do those character win by doing the same 3 moves over and over?

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
1# Kano. I hate him. Hate how he looks like, i hate his beard, i hate his accent, i hate what is he talking about, im sorry for that he ever made it into mortal kombat.
2# Sheeve. Srsly she is a dumbfuck. Not gameplaywise maybe but I can't tell you how retarted is she in my eyes.
3# He is a second grade loser. He's so fucked up in physics that his divekicks trajectory is nothing but believable, and about his death, I want an extended version of it in Mk10 where it is shown from frame to frame how Shao Kahn snaps his neck.

No hating towards any of the players who main them.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
1. Kintaro - God I hate Kintaro.
2. Gengar - OP. (Charmander ftw!)

On a real note
1. Smoke seems like the most unappealing character as of right now. (soooo many people have picked him up online...mainly for trolling)
2. Jax - I overall don't have fun while playing him. (I've tried to broaden my repertoire, Liu seems where it's at)
3. Baraka - Courtesy of 1man3letters...nah, Baraka ia actually pretty cool. Some of his combos are even flashy. But has some trouble against most of the cast. (online) He'd wear me out after awhile.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Characters that I would never main or even enjoy playing casually:

1. Kano (clunky)
2. Kabal (100000 button presses per round)
3. Rain

TrickyNick

Weather Man
Mileena for a couple reasons.
1. My first real thrashing and meeting someone who could beat me 3 out of 5 on most days used Mileena
2. Her playstyle is so strange to me

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Cage - Fuck his knee. The end.
Mileena - Soo annoying to play against.
Kano - No point using if someone outclasses him completely.
Skarlet - I think she's harder to use than Kabal, no joke.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Cyrax. I know he's not the best in the game, but his resets are broken and I could never live with myself if I mained him.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Let's see...

Sheeva - Too damn slow, too big, too ugly, too fail, etc

Quan Chi - I absolutely hate this character, Shang Tsung is the original and only sorceror round these parts bitch! Quan Chi looks like a retard too and needs to gtfo of MK.

Freddy Kreuger - Not an MK character, so I refuse.

Kano - Never liked the character. Although this is probably my favorite look for him. AND no eye laser attack?!?! WTF is that?!

Kabal - NDC ... yeeeeah, screw that.

Cyber Sub - Wannabe sub zero. No thanks.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Kabal just seems like such a random character, maybe the most random character in fighing games. He just makes no sense.

Sindel- who wants to play her?

Cyrax - Hated playing him since release, its grown to complete hatred

Noob - I seem to fight so many i just hate him now

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Sector, Kabal, Cyrax, Kano, Sheeva, Shang, Jade. I can do the basics with any other character, but these characters don't appeal to me in either aesthetics or (mostly) function.