What's new

Which character would "realistically" win a fighting tournament in "real life"?

GrundyFox

I will spit on your tomb!
Thor has nothing superior to Hulk. I've read lots of Hulk and Thor.
Then you haven't read enough. Back up your claims - I can back up mine.

Same Beyonder who said Hulk's strength is unlimited ? Give me a break.
Give you a break in what sense? That didn't even make any sense.

Thor doesn't have nano-second reaction. In fact, slow as shit. And don't bring up ridiculous overrated instances which don't prove anything.
That is literately inarguable on your part. Thor absolutely, without any doubt whatsoever have nano-second timing. He tracks objects and reacts to them moving MANY times the speed of light. Maybe you should actually back up your claims or lack of. As for being slow as shit.

Moves like the lightning he commands. That sounds slow as shit.

"moving too swiftly for the eye to follow," even too fast for Heimdall"
Yeah, that sounds slow as shit, too.

Moving so fast he is a blur... blurring effects only happen at slow speeds, right?

Bats away a repulsor blast - you know, an energy attack that, you know that is light speed.

I could go on but no real need to.

He didn't own Kurse.
Actually, he did. You're bankrupting yourself by the second.

Yes, being god means nothing.
Obviously it does. because you say it doesn't verses all that Thor has done means nothing.

INB4 you post some old school PIS and CIS nonsense while forgetting about million times he got owned by things far less powerful.
Why would I dismiss anything? Sure, PIS is a factor but it happens to EVERYONE. Aside that, like I said, point to another character who has their own comic that has beaten as many powerful characters in Marvel as Thor has. I'm waiting for your examples, not your absurd vitriol.

Get back to me with something of substance.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Then you haven't read enough. Back up your claims - I can back up mine.

Give you a break in what sense? That didn't even make any sense.

That is literately inarguable on your part. Thor absolutely, without any doubt whatsoever have nano-second timing. He tracks objects and reacts to them moving MANY times the speed of light. Maybe you should actually back up your claims or lack of. As for being slow as shit.

Moves like the lightning he commands. That sounds slow as shit.

"moving too swiftly for the eye to follow," even too fast for Heimdall"
Yeah, that sounds slow as shit, too.

Moving so fast he is a blur... blurring effects only happen at slow speeds, right?

Bats away a repulsor blast - you know, an energy attack that, you know that is light speed.

I could go on but no real need to.

Actually, he did. You're bankrupting yourself by the second.

Obviously it does. because you say it doesn't verses all that Thor has done means nothing.

Why would I dismiss anything? Sure, PIS is a factor but it happens to EVERYONE. Aside that, like I said, point to another character who has their own comic that has beaten as many powerful characters in Marvel as Thor has. I'm waiting for your examples, not your absurd vitriol.

Get back to me with something of substance.
As I expected, a bunch of old ass out of context bs I've seen million times. Let me know when Thor stops getting hit by the likes of Ulik or Thermal Man, Ok ? Bye.
Hulk has beaten more than Thor.

GrundyFox

As I expected, a bunch of old ass out of context bs I've seen million times. Let me know when Thor stops getting hit by the likes of Ulik or Thermal Man, Ok ? Bye.

Old ass what? Canon feats are canon feats. Aside from that, like there aren't about a billion imagines of him reflecting, absorbing, smacking away energy blast left and right - which all take nano second timing. Laughable rebuttal on your part. At this point its to be expected.

Did I say Thor can't be touched or hit or did I say that he is faster than the Hulk? Are you implying Hulk never gets hit? EVERYONE gets hit.

And finally NAME them - in fact put up SOMETHING of substance or finalize the point I made some time ago: You have bankrupted yourself from being taken serious and exposed for actually not knowing anything.

You talk a lot - but you actually don't say anything.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Old ass what? Canon feats are canon feats. Aside from that, like there aren't about a billion imagines of him reflecting, absorbing, smacking away energy blast left and right - which all take nano second timing. Laughable rebuttal on your part. At this point its to be expected.

Did I say Thor can't be touched or hit or did I say that he is faster than the Hulk? Are you implying Hulk never gets hit? EVERYONE gets hit.

And finally NAME them - in fact put up SOMETHING of substance or finalize the point I made some time ago: You have bankrupted yourself from being taken serious and exposed for actually not knowing anything.

You talk a lot - but you actually don't say anything.
Hahaha, lmao, got owned and tries to get out of the situation, have I said anything about Hulk's speed or reaction ? No. So why bring that up ?
Nano-second my ass, let me know when he stops being pummeled by guys without "super duper nano reflexes and speed".
Come back when you actually read comic books and not spread out of context fallacies and old ass bs scans from era where in one comic he fights Ego in another he almost gets owned by Ulik and on his knees before Colonizer. What a joke.

GrundyFox

Hahaha, lmao, got owned and tries to get out of the situation, have I said anything about Hulk's speed or reaction ? No. So why bring that up ?
Oh, I dunno.

Thor is not faster than Hulk. Thor can't even dodge some rubbish thrown at him by a robot.
Oh yeah, thats why.

Nano-second my ass, let me know when he stops being pummeled by guys without "super duper nano reflexes and speed".

Come back when you actually read comic books and not spread out of context fallacies and old ass bs scans from era where in one comic he fights Ego in another he almost gets owned by Ulik and on his knees before Colonizer. What a joke.
Like I said to you before, get back to me when you have something of substance to add. Till then, stamp your feet all you want - you're done.

Killjoy McGee

[Hype Intensifies]
Reading this tread has confused me, are we going by Pre Flashpoint or Post Flashpoint? (Bugger it I'm going by Pre) I'm also just going to do like 5 chars because assed doing the whole cast.

1.Doomsday - He can't die from the same thing twice he doesn't feel pain nor does he have any mind to control (to my knowledge)

2. Superman - He is one of the most powerful DC heroes in existence, The man killed Doomsday for crying out loud.

3. Wonder Woman - She has a near unbreakable(?) lasso and she has indestructible bracers coupled with her Amazonian training and super powers makes her a force to be reckoned with.

4. Flash - Is the fastest Man Alive, connected with the speed force and infinite Mass Punch.

5. Aquaman - I didn't want Flash to be last :p

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
ITs tied, 2 to 2, in THOR vs Hulk fights in cannon right now.

And RECENTLY THOR fought Silver Surfer, whos reflexes are nano-second, and THOR manhandled him.

"OMFG THAT DOESNT COUNT THAT HAPPENED LIKE 2 YEARS AGO THATS BS HES SOOOO SLOW BRO DESPITE ALL THE EVIDENCE SAYING HES LIGHTSPEED FAST. CANON STOPS COUNTING WHEN I SAY IT SHOULDNT COUNT ANYMORE, FOR SOME REASON!"

Deyrax you should stop, until you read some comics. <3

Reading this tread has confused me, are we going by Pre Flashpoint or Post Flashpoint? (Bugger it I'm going by Pre) I'm also just going to do like 5 chars because assed doing the whole cast.

1.Doomsday - He can't die from the same thing twice he doesn't feel pain nor does he have any mind to control (to my knowledge)

2. Superman - He is one of the most powerful DC heroes in existence, The man killed Doomsday for crying out loud.

3. Wonder Woman - She has a near unbreakable(?) lasso and she has indestructible bracers coupled with her Amazonian training and super powers makes her a force to be reckoned with.

4. Flash - Is the fastest Man Alive, connected with the speed force and infinite Mass Punch.

5. Aquaman - I didn't want Flash to be last :p
I always feel that Doomsday not being able to fly, or control his inertia, gives him a HUGE disadvantage against those who can fly [which is basically everyone in tier 1]. Why? Because as SOON as Superman gets Doomsday off his feet then "realistically" he could just stay under him and heat blast him into space. Doomsday weighs only like idk a thousand pounds, which is heavy but not too heavy for Superman to blast away. Then once he's in space, its game over and he cant move or do anything, AND Doomsday has no ranged attacks. Same goes for WW, BA/Shazam, and GL vs Doomsday. Once they get them up in the air, Doomsday should "realistically" be kinda fucked.

And any hit big enough to send something 1000 pounds flying should send Doomsday flying, even if he's blocking it. Goes for everyone who cant fly or control their inertia.

Killjoy McGee

[Hype Intensifies]
I always feel that Doomsday not being able to fly, or control his inertia, gives him a HUGE disadvantage against those who can fly [which is basically everyone in tier 1]. Why? Because as SOON as Superman gets Doomsday off his feet then "realistically" he could just stay under him and heat blast him into space. Doomsday weighs only like idk a thousand pounds, which is heavy but not too heavy for Superman to blast away. Then once he's in space, its game over and he cant move or do anything, AND Doomsday has no ranged attacks. Same goes for WW, BA/Shazam, and GL vs Doomsday. Once they get them up in the air, Doomsday should "realistically" be kinda fucked.

And any hit big enough to send something 1000 pounds flying should send Doomsday flying, even if he's blocking it. Goes for everyone who cant fly or control their inertia.
True, but I can't help but think his adaptation powers would perhaps give him flight if he needed it? Just a theory mind you, I don't know the full extent of his abilities.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
True, but I can't help but think his adaptation powers would perhaps give him flight if he needed it? Just a theory mind you, I don't know the full extent of his abilities.
How I've always imagined him in my head, to give him a fighting chance, is to make it so he can have like spurts of inertia control.

Not full blown flight, but if he gets knocked in the air by a Superman punch [where he'd fly for miles into the ocean or space, zzzZzzz] he'd be able to stop himself in midair, and maybe shoot himself in a direction. And while on the ground able to keep his feet on the ground controlling his inertia using that, lest he be just shot into the air by any remotely upward punch, even if partially or fully blocked.

He'd need something like this to realistically have a shot, imo.

Same with hulk vs Superman or hulk vs THOR. Having flight gives them "realistically" an insurmountable advantage.

Killjoy McGee

[Hype Intensifies]
How I've always imagined him in my head, to give him a fighting chance, is to make it so he can have like spurts of inertia control.

Not full blown flight, but if he gets knocked in the air by a Superman punch [where he'd fly for miles into the ocean or space, zzzZzzz] he'd be able to stop himself in midair, and maybe shoot himself in a direction. And while on the ground able to keep his feet on the ground controlling his inertia using that, lest he be just shot into the air by any remotely upward punch, even if partially or fully blocked.

He'd need something like this to realistically have a shot, imo.

Same with hulk vs Superman or hulk vs THOR. Having flight gives them "realistically" an insurmountable advantage.
Basically, he needs to be an Apprentice in Acrobatics?

(Please tell me you get the reference!)

But seriously though, that would probably work he's way too big so in my head him flying looks stupid now lol. As for the blasting into space via heat vision would he maybe be too heavy for that? Or perhaps he's able to push himself towards the source of the blast?

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Basically, he needs to be an Apprentice in Acrobatics?

(Please tell me you get the reference!)

But seriously though, that would probably work he's way too big so in my head him flying looks stupid now lol. As for the blasting into space via heat vision would he maybe be too heavy for that? Or perhaps he's able to push himself towards the source of the blast?
Nah hes nowhere heavy enough to just by weight alone not be knocked into the air [maybe space] by things like Supermans heat vision, or an uppercut from Superman or WW.

Nah hes nowhere heavy enough to just by weight alone not be knocked into the air [maybe space] by things like Supermans heat vision, or an uppercut from Superman or WW.
Aquaman's said to be the fastest being underwater and capable of swimming at a constant speed of 175 mph for several hours. He's able to swim at very high speeds, having the ability to reaching speeds of 10,000 feet per second (20,000 under stress) and is known to have swam through Niagara Falls upstream. In the New 52, Aquaman remains one of the fastest swimmer, having been able to severely out-swim The Operative's special plane (The Living Room) which can reach hypersonic speeds (Anything between Mach 5 and Mach 10). Second only to Mera (According to her), his upper limit is still unknown but at minimum Aquaman can surpass Mach 5. On land, Aquaman has displayed his superhuman speed, agility and reflexes against meta-humans like Deathstroke, the Talons, Power Ring, and even Wonder Woman (who he was able to tackle during a fight using his speed). That was on comic vine. So I guess new 52 AM does have the speed.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Aquaman's said to be the fastest being underwater and capable of swimming at a constant speed of 175 mph for several hours. He's able to swim at very high speeds, having the ability to reaching speeds of 10,000 feet per second (20,000 under stress) and is known to have swam through Niagara Falls upstream. In the New 52, Aquaman remains one of the fastest swimmer, having been able to severely out-swim The Operative's special plane (The Living Room) which can reach hypersonic speeds (Anything between Mach 5 and Mach 10). Second only to Mera (According to her), his upper limit is still unknown but at minimum Aquaman can surpass Mach 5. On land, Aquaman has displayed his superhuman speed, agility and reflexes against meta-humans like Deathstroke, the Talons, Power Ring, and even Wonder Woman (who he was able to tackle during a fight using his speed). That was on comic vine. So I guess new 52 AM does have the speed.
I wonder how fast they will let him go. He's never been able to compete with the speedsters. That is kind of an annoying and lame part of DC. EVERYONE is super fast. WW, Superman, Flash, Black Adam, Doomsday, Shazam, MMH, and now Aquaman.

The Avengers have one, maybe 2 guys with speed, THOR and Quicksilver, so it makes being fast actually interesting and an advantage and cool. In DC everyone and their mothers are fast.

Although I'd be pretty happy with Aquaman getting a buff like being superfast like Superman/WW... that would put him up there in terms of being able to take them on, if he has his Trident, which is magic, and sillycrazy powerful.

I wonder how fast they will let him go. He's never been able to compete with the speedsters. That is kind of an annoying and lame part of DC. EVERYONE is super fast. WW, Superman, Flash, Black Adam, Doomsday, Shazam, MMH, and now Aquaman.

The Avengers have one, maybe 2 guys with speed, THOR and Quicksilver, so it makes being fast actually interesting and an advantage and cool. In DC everyone and their mothers are fast.

Although I'd be pretty happy with Aquaman getting a buff like being superfast like Superman/WW... that would put him up there in terms of being able to take them on, if he has his Trident, which is magic, and sillycrazy powerful.
yea sorry about that tint I just copy and pasted. But Ive just been looking at all the DC cast researching little things lol. The new 52 for everyone is like a buff except for supes who they made kind of weak in the beginning but now hes stupid strong again. Like you I was surprised to see the super speed on the land but it did reference a tackle on WW and I was like yep this will show Luthor lol. AM is the strongest hes ever been in the new 52 I kind of wish he was like this 20 years ago so he wouldnt have got ridiculed half as much. He actually has flight powers now (what!?!).

I would say Flash or Superman as of now. But some day Hal may stand a chance if his willpower, focus and knowledge for creating ridiculous constructs are completely mastered. The ring has no known limits to its power.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
EVERY ONE OF YOU MOTHER FUCKERS IS INCORRECT AND FUCKING BLASPHEMOUS! JESUS WINS ALL FIGHTS, ALL MATCHES.
KABAL VS JESUS? 0-10
SUPERMAN VS JESUS? 0-10. The only mu he has trouble with is Pontius Pilate and his roman goons... that mu is 9-1 though.................... but there are no tag battles in this game so He wins.
omg. lol

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
yea sorry about that tint I just copy and pasted. But Ive just been looking at all the DC cast researching little things lol. The new 52 for everyone is like a buff except for supes who they made kind of weak in the beginning but now hes stupid strong again. Like you I was surprised to see the super speed on the land but it did reference a tackle on WW and I was like yep this will show Luthor lol. AM is the strongest hes ever been in the new 52 I kind of wish he was like this 20 years ago so he wouldnt have got ridiculed half as much. He actually has flight powers now (what!?!).
flight?

I dont remember him tackling her, I've read all the new52 JL and WW and AMs so far, I need to look that up.

Personally, I like AM way more than any other Justice Leaguer outside of WW and maybe Batman... but only my version of him, which is in line closer to what the new 52 is doing, which is nice because he used to suck. Basically, I like to think of him like THOR of the ocean. In the new 52 its cool as His Trident is super powerful, indestructible, can deflect/absorb attacks, shoot out lightning, he's very fast, and potentially as strong as everyone outside Superman... although since he's never been shown to have a limit who knows how strong AM is???

how did thor jump into the conversation of a dc tournament?

Same way Scorpion got into this game. Cuz.

I would say Flash or Superman as of now. But some day Hal may stand a chance if his willpower, focus and knowledge for creating ridiculous constructs are completely mastered. The ring has no known limits to its power.

I still think his slow reaction times and speed relative to the other tier 1s gets him murdered.

Killjoy McGee

[Hype Intensifies]

I remember In one Justice League comic that I read Flash was going so fast that Captain Marvel and Superman couldn't catch him, in the end Captain marvel JUST managed to catch up with him (like just enough so that his powers would work) and switched back to Billy, using the blast to knock Flash off course. Of course Flash's speed does tend to fluctuate, in Rotworld Animal Man was able to catch up to Rotworld Flash and kill him, however Animal Man did have to push himself the point where he started bleeding.

GrundyFox

Isn't Wonder Woman weaker than Superman? Or does her strength tend to fluctuate as well?
No, her strength has always been comparable. WW's biggest problem is that although she is very strong and tough - she has a weakness against piecing objects. So for instance, she could get socked through a mountain with little trouble but a gun could actually pierce her skin.

Oh, and lex your Thor Vs Hulk count is way off. :)

There are 3 times alone where Thor took the gloves off and handled Hulk easily. Including killing the Hulk and the thing at the same time whilst missing an arm and an eye. :)

A27Alak

Casual Fighter
Since there was no specification on what versions of the characters we're using, I'm assuming we're taking the best incarnations/feats post-silver age? The only characters who I can think of that would be leagues above the entire cast are:

1) Martian Manhunter
2) Superman
3) Doomsday
4) Lobo
5) Flash
6) Wonder Woman

The order could change since they're all powerful enough to rise above one another at any time, but if I had to pick a ranking then it would be as listed above. Before I go into depth, the sole reason for picking those selected heroes is because of their speed. If you see the attached scan, it shows that MMH, Superman, WW, and Flash are the fastest League members since their bodies move faster than thought. You simply can't beat someone who can fight faster than you can think. I'll include reasons for Doomsday and Lobo down below.

Martian Manhunter: Prior to the New 52, he was in his prime. There was no weakness to fire aside from "emotional" or "mystical" fire, which none of the cast members (Scorpion aside) can naturally create. Batman attacked J'onn with a flamethrower once, and the result was a very pissed off martian. Furthermore, J'onn had a good 1v1 showing against WW3 Black Adam who was empowered by one additional god. Regular Black Adam had been shown to be able to take on both Captain Marvel and Superman at the same time! Martian Manhunter was also able to give Superboy Prime a beating, who was a villain that killed 300 Green Lanterns and an elseworld Superman.

Superman: We all know what he's capable of. This guy pulled a planet by himself. He also pulled a planet with MMH and WW's help. He's the only Earth hero to have beaten the infamous Doomsday in a fight. He tanked a collision of two planets as well as the explosion of a dwarf star. In the New 52, he bench pressed the world's weight for 5 days straight and flew from Pluto to Earth in 2 minutes. In a fight against Mongul, Superman moved so fast that he appeared to be in multiple places at once. In raw feats, no one here has the same amount of showings as Superman. I only placed him lower than MMH since J'onn had better showings against Black Adam and Superboy Prime.

Doomsday: This is the guy who killed Superman. He has an incredibly fast adaptation ability that evolves him to resist whatever had killed him before. Prior to him overcoming his fear of fire, Martian Manhunter nearly stomped Doomsday until the latter evolved on the spot and gained the ability to breathe fire. He also mopped the floor with every other JL heavy-hitter and had an incredibly good showing in a 1v1 fight against Darkseid. I placed him lower than MMH because the martian overcame his weakness to natural fire. Doomsday isn't sentient nor magical, so the ability to breathe flames isn't relevant anymore. I placed him lower than Superman because Superman has consistently beaten him in all of their fights.

Lobo: First of all, immortality does not = victory. All of you Lobo fans need to get that through your heads. Lobo can still be knocked out and submitted just like any other powerhouse. Yet, the reason why I placed him 4th is because he can't exactly be knocked out that easily. This guy can hang with Superman in a fight, and even beat him a couple times. I wouldn't exactly say he's Doomsday status, but if he's strong enough to beat Superman, then he deserves a spot here.

Flash: He gets a lot of hype for his abilities and there's a reason for that. His IMP allows him to strike opponents with a force similar to that of Superman or WW's blows. He can turn intangible/invisible to avoid attacks. By increasing his movement speed, he can become highly resistant to telepathic attacks. He once grabbed Martian Manhunter while the latter was intangible by simply vibrating his body's molecules at the same frequency as J'onn's. The only reason why I placed him this low is because he can't fly nor does he have the durability feats that Lobo or Doomsday.

Wonder Woman: I'll probably get a lot of crap for putting her in 6th, but that's not a bad thing given how many heroes/villains there are in all. The only reason why she's down here is because she's the slowest one out of the hero bunch. Martians have been shown to keep up with Wally West in foot speed alone, which implies that J'onn (the best of the Martians) can do the same. Superman became impossible to track in fights such as Mongul's. Flash is undeniably faster than anyone on this list. Furthermore, WW's body isn't as invulnerable as the Top 4 characters that I've mentioned. Mongul wrecked her in their last encounter. Superman, in turn, wrecked Mongul. ABC logic is pretty hated, but that's what I'm going with here. WW is still no slouch, though. She's been proven to hang with Superman and the other League members. We've seen her take on the God of War, help pull the planet, and fight really well during the time she wasn't Wonder Woman.

Attachments