What's new

Which character is the king/queen of LAG?

King/queen of lag?

• Sonya

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Ermac

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • Other (specify below)

Votes: 23 42.6%

• Total voters
Throw punish mileena ball and teleports when lag is bad , works pretty good
Mileena ball can be punished easily even in pretty severe lag. The reason most people bring up roll is you need to be near-frame-perfect on alot of meaties or you will get meterless-roll-wakeup combo'd.

And it's unlike Kung Lao's meterless spin where any meaty to beat it can be a high, you need to time a mid to beat it. So we're talking about landing juuuust the right active frame for moves that are often 11 or more frames on startup as opposed to 8.

I consider myself quite decent on timing meaties and I still get meterless-rolled on wakuep pressure alot, even under low-moderate lag.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Seriously...no one's said it? Fine, I'll be the first.

Venomous D'vorah. In severe lag, bug spray is not just safe, it may as well be neutral. With that kind of increased safety, you can definitely get chipped to death. Her fake f11 pressure that left her neutral suddenly becomes effectively plus. Her 50/50's are still unreactable, and since she almost never did real combos in the first place, there won't be any drops. D1 spam becomes extremely difficult to interrupt, and if you take more than a few of those, you're gonna have a bad time.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Exactly, I don't get why people complain about Mileena, her roll is not even hard to punish, not even with lag -_- staaahp.

Also if they complain about Mileena's roll being hard to punish with lag I think Venomous D'vorah would like to have a talk with them.

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
Mileena: yolo ball roll, into teleport, all day....

kano: knife, knife, knife, knife..... ball... knife, knife, knife......

Ermac: down 4 mash, into 50/50.....

it's fantastic.... :DOGE

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I don't know if he's worse but FUCK Slasher Jason online.

Same problem I have with Mileena, shit that should be punishable as hell or easily reachable lose those traits and just be thrown out for relatively free.

oh-to-low and low-to-oh's are already hard to block correctly in serious lag due to the delay, but one that starts a 40% damage combo that is also literally the easiest combo in the entire game so it can't ever be dropped? Infuriating.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Top 3 characters who REALLY benefit from lag:

Mileena
Kung Lao
Scorpion

Honorable Lag God mention: Ermac

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Ermac: The living embodiment of lag. Literally never played a MoS ermac online who wasn't laggy as shit. Everyone knows d3 is +10 on block and ground pound is a frame trap.

Mileena: self explanatory

Reptile: I think people don't realize this but d3 can not be counterpoked online, and reptile is God tier top 1 when you can't react to the overhead in f42 or the low in b1d4. This sucks because most online reptiles base their whole offense on running up, mashing d3 then going into f42 on block or on hit lol. Don't forget to raw slide on every wakeup too.

Exactly, I don't get why people complain about Mileena, her roll is not even hard to punish, not even with lag -_- staaahp.

Also if they complain about Mileena's roll being hard to punish with lag I think Venomous D'vorah would like to have a talk with them.
To quote a very awesome dude:

Mileena ball can be punished easily even in pretty severe lag. The reason most people bring up roll is you need to be near-frame-perfect on alot of meaties or you will get meterless-roll-wakeup combo'd.

And it's unlike Kung Lao's meterless spin where any meaty to beat it can be a high, you need to time a mid to beat it. So we're talking about landing juuuust the right active frame for moves that are often 11 or more frames on startup as opposed to 8.

I consider myself quite decent on timing meaties and I still get meterless-rolled on wakuep pressure alot, even under low-moderate lag.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
i am wondering why everybody has these porblems. Now i realise that i must be one of those players who gives you these problems online :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
1337 error macros and their D3, 50/50, D3 cusion.

His entire downfall is based on him being unsafe but you can wave goodbye to that online.

ryublaze

Noob
Uh, what?
Johnny cage probably suffers from online more than any character in the game
Blocking Johnny Cage is incredibly hard online, especially when trying to fuzzy guard 113 and f2. EX Nutpunch is also a tight punish since it's -12. Not sure how he suffers more than everyone else.

Blocking Johnny Cage is incredibly hard online, especially when trying to fuzzy guard 113 and f2. EX Nutpunch is also a tight punish since it's -12. Not sure how he suffers more than everyone else.
113 and 11,f2 is extremely hard to fuzzy guard even offline. I don't think it's an "online" thing.