What's new

Which Character Has The Most Ridiculous Krushing Blow Requirements?

Baraka's throw. I thought it would be the easiest one in the game, but it only works if your opponent took your throws without breaking twice. I don't think there is a person in the world who would ever be caught by that. Even the AI doesn't.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Jacqui has the worst in the entiiiiiire game.

I mean, having to land the other three clench attacks before KBing the elbow drop? So ridiculous. It's not like she can lock and load it, and then whiff punish with 3,3 a-... Oh wait that's a KB... Well anyway, I guess that pops them up for a BNB into clench and... Oh wait that next elbow is a KB too... Well so what it's not like you can f4,4 into her bionic rush KB all in the same round.

Hey can you guys keep it down, I’m trying to enjoy my character before people really start to truly realize how good she is and NRS slaps her with dumb nerfs.

Wallach

Noob
Baraka's throw. I thought it would be the easiest one in the game, but it only works if your opponent took your throws without breaking twice. I don't think there is a person in the world who would ever be caught by that. Even the AI doesn't.
yes officer this post right here

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
I think Noob's 10 shadows attack isnt a totally unreasonable KB requirement, even in Dark Sabbath. You can use either of his shadow attacks as kombo enders (or an extender in the corner for the AA shadow kick) or throw an occasional Shadow instead of ghostball when zoning out.

It's definitely a round 3 KB unless you've hit a lot of AA shadow kicks, but the payoff is good so i feel it's balanced.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I don't think it's the worst but Kotals F122 is a Overhead on last hit and starts as high. You have to punish/counter with it and it's the last hit that has to connect. Most players won't get tricked by high, mid, Overhead since it's kinda slow AF and reactible. Max you can get after launch is 30-35% when others get 50-60%.

His other one is his 29f disk projectile which has to hit opponent with thier projectiles in the air as a counter. Not bad and works and does 22%.

His uppercut kinda sucks and has meh range so the universal D2 is kinda meh.

Not as bad as others but now you know kotals.

Scarlet:
Gets one from a 19f B12 and does like 16% wtf and her others are the same. B2 requirement is do it twice in a row and it only does 14-16%.
Her Parry is kinda low damage too compared to top tiers.
Hers are achievable but incredibly low damage and non threatening.

Kabal has good ones.

Geras has good ones.

Jax has good ones.

Johnny has shit ones.

I think most of these wiff ones need to be redone. This game is heavily focused on neutral and wiff punishes. So why make characters risk themselves by wiffing moves that are high recovery close up?

Same for making the last hit be the only one to connect.
I hope they look at Jacqui's and redesign others based on hers and Geras. Krushing blows should get you damage and make your opponent fear them while not being 60%. 30-40% off Krushing Blows seems to be where it should be at not 16% like Scarlet or less than Kotal gets midscreen from buffs.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I don't think it's the worst but Kotals F122 is a Overhead on last hit and starts as high. You have to punish/counter with it and it's the last hit that has to connect.
The F122 Krushing Blow triggers if you punish with F1. You don't need to hit just the overhead.

The F122 Krushing Blow triggers if you punish with F1. You don't need to hit just the overhead.
U need to land F122 and the last attack is what procs crushing blow , most of the time u wont even go for f122 , ul just go for f12 kahn-cut etc... So u kinda need to know what ur doing with it on top of it beeing a high and slow attack

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
V2 Frost's Drill KB needs three AMP Drill to make the 4th come out as KB.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Dvorah's F22 krushing blows are completely impractical. Give her something like Erron black. 2 or 3 overheads in a row

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
U need to land F122 and the last attack is what procs crushing blow , most of the time u wont even go for f122 , ul just go for f12 kahn-cut etc... So u kinda need to know what ur doing with it on top of it beeing a high and slow attack
Can't you just hit confirm F122 instead of F12 Kahn-cut? Either that or use it as a punish

Imagine whiffing 3 Say Cheese on purpose or using it as the first hit to get a slightly damaging KB. Imagine delaying 2 Mime Time with a bar before KB on the next Mime Time. Or even worse, only connecting the second hit of a string that takes 34 frames to be active, which is high btw so you can just neutral duck it and punish with everything you want including a d2 KB.
Or using a raw nutpunch as the first hit of the game, or using it as a raw punish, losing almost 10% of damage because of it.

Johnny Cage has easily the worst KBs in the game. His only reliable KB is... the universal d2 KB.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
This is gonna be a fun and informative discussion. To keep it all the way live, I don't know everybody's KB requirements, so maybe you can shed light on your favs most ridiculous one so we can figure out which ones need adjusting.

So far, the only one I can think of is.....Noob.

10 DAMN SHADOW TACKLES!! WHO DA FUCK HAS THAT KINDA TIME IN A MATCH!? And who is dumb enough to get hit by 10 shadow tackles!? FIX IT JESUS!

Ok....your turn :)
It's not 10 tackles it's any 10 moves using the shadow. If it's the 10th and a tackle it will KB.

Jacqui's requires you to do her command grab in a specific order.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
You know I came here to posts these two. Cetrion life man...

Nope, whiff! As in whiff on turtle speed recovery 3x in a row without doing any other move to activate whiff. You'll never activate this, and if you somehow do you are likely losing badly. The other you literally cannot ever activate in competitive mode...
Wait so it’s not three times in a match. You have to do the special move three times one after the other without doing anything else? Is it then loaded for whenever or do you have to do it 4th time in a row and hit it?

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I think Lui Kang has good ones too. 3 ex bicycle kicks, the next one kbs. Parry a wake up attack is good. The only one that’s a bit meh is the flying kick. Landing it as a punish at max distance is fine, but the other requirement is to land an air fireball and convert into flying kick at max distance.. get rid of the max distance part on that second option.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Wait so it’s not three times in a match. You have to do the special move three times one after the other without doing anything else? Is it then loaded for whenever or do you have to do it 4th time in a row and hit it?
Lol you read that right. You can do nothing else at all but miss Water Geyser 3x in a row, and then hit the 4th one to activate a KB that does about the same damage as your BnB would. Yes, this is the requirement. -.-

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think anything more than hitting 3 times in one match is a bit much as far as special moves.

Raiden's B2 back to back. hahaha because in a seriously tough match that'll happen....on top of the shitty range of the move.

I don't use Cage but I agree about his requirements seem stupid hard.

The ones where you pretty much have to hit the person with low health and they HAVE to block it? What? lol