What's new

Which Character Has The Most Ridiculous Krushing Blow Requirements?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Playing Cage then switching back to Sub is hilarious. It’s so easy to set up the amp slide one and have it in your back pocket, 124 you can use basically whenever you want if you string into freeze, F24 is easy too

Big Frog

Noob
Shao Kahn’s Annihilation kb. Requires Priestist buff to be activated. Requires that you do a move with 82 frames of recovery and then find a way to land annihilation during the 10 seconds that the buff is active for. Nonsense.
It sucks too because that move is so satisfying. Every time I hit it I wish it was a KB.

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
Raiden's fullscreen superman, Who the fuck gonna superman from fullscreen in a ranked game?
I used to think similarly about Kitana’s square wave KB where you must be max range and hit as a punish until I found a few situations where it was indeed possible (blocking Scorpion’s spear at max range, blocking Frost’s fatal blow from mid range that pushes you to max range — just to name a few).

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Skarlet's aren't really that bad, but they're pretty useless and don't do much more damage. Her b2 Krushing Blow does 16% and her b12 does 15%.

For b12 to Krush, it has to be a punish, kounter, etc. For b2, gotta hit it twice in a row.
Yea, her KB stuff is fairly easy to pull off (especially B12), but doesn't really have a big impact . . Unless you have red rain active, which is not street legal. Oh well

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
How is b11+32 not practical? It’s a 9 frame punish that triggers a KB on a punish...
That same 9 frames leads to a 40% combo and if they drop out of it it's pretty much the best position a noob saibot can be in, that one is useable at least but I opt not to go for it 9/10 times

nothing they could change with that one anyway except make it work mid combo but the last thing he needs is more damage

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
I used to think similarly about Kitana’s square wave KB where you must be max range and hit as a punish until I found a few situations where it was indeed possible (blocking Scorpion’s spear at max range, blocking Frost’s fatal blow from mid range that pushes you to max range — just to name a few).
That's a Raiden classic champ and the KB seems very useful.

Wow i never thought of it as a punish on moves with long recovery on whiff or block. Am going to practice this, Thanks.

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
That same 9 frames leads to a 40% combo and if they drop out of it it's pretty much the best position a noob saibot can be in, that one is useable at least but I opt not to go for it 9/10 times

nothing they could change with that one anyway except make it work mid combo but the last thing he needs is more damage
I think that’s fair. Kitana’s b142 is in a similar situation. But it is a good chunk of unbreakable damage, so not entirely as useless as, say, Johnny Cage’s KB from Mime Time.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Kung Lao's spirit stance has a KB where you need to hit the ranged burst of explosions (they are high attacks) 3 times in a row. Impossible unless your opponent is a vegetable.

E

Eldriken

RIGHT!? Ive noticed they changed the requirement from the beta w/ her B2 Krushing blow. Before you just had to land that move 4 times I believe. I think this could maaaaybe be a buff ?Question mark? But the damage for her KB are practically garbage except for her throws. They need to up her damage or just give her better KB in general.

HASHTAG/#ThrowItAllAway
Up the damage a fair amount and I'd be content with that. They don't launch, so they should fucking hurt considering I have to meet requirements to do it in the first place.

kevkopdx

Noob
Ya Johnny’s are the worst. From a balance perspective, kbs are a total disaster. They really need to fix them. They feel like they were made for a casual mode.

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
Raiden

land a full screen superman and must MB it lmao
yeah this one has my vote. who would ever get hit by that? also the full screen requirement is VERY full screen, like it wont trigger if they can walk back even a little bit.
his 121 is also kinda bad, since the 1 is a high and has almost no range.

sgZick

Noob
I think Jade. She has one where she needs to do two shadow kicks in a row, which is fine if you're fighting the AI but not a thing you'd do in a real match and another one where she needs to miss the first hit of the combo string, which would be a dumb thing to do in a real match. When you compare gimmicky ones like that to those characters who can get KBs by actually playing the game the way they're meant to play it and getting rewarded with extra damage as a result, she's stuck with some silly nonsense requirements and can benefit from the KBs the way that other characters can.
Jades are not that bad, the 124 string is mid low mid and the second hit has significantly more range than the first. This is great bait, I get this in most matches. Likely not as useful against pros who know every move and look out for it, but still pretty good in general matches.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Jades are not that bad, the 124 string is mid low mid and the second hit has significantly more range than the first. This is great bait, I get this in most matches. Likely not as useful against pros who know every move and look out for it, but still pretty good in general matches.
High low mid, not mid low mid. Not arguing against you because I do agree that this KB is really nice and throwing out the occasional 12 in the neutral is an effective Jade tactic anyway, but I had to correct this bit.