What's new

Where's the 3D-era characters?

I'd like havick in the game he's pretty unique. The only one I can think of from the chaosrealm. The red Dragon guys were pretty much copys of black Dragon guys. Mavado and Kabal, Kano and Hsu Hao or however you say his name. Would like to see different realms and a konquest mode again

I'd like havick in the game he's pretty unique. The only one I can think of from the chaosrealm. The red Dragon guys were pretty much copys of black Dragon guys. Mavado and Kabal, Kano and Hsu Hao or however you say his name. Would like to see different realms and a konquest mode again
We all know Hsu Hao is in Mortal Kombat 11. In the exact fashion that he should be.

theyve done well about picking out the best 3d era characters up until the kollector. he had to have been an unused 3d era character

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
Most of the 3D era characters should probably just stay away unless they get massive, massive overhauls (which would just upset a lot of the people asking for them). Many of the MK4-8 characters lacked in creativity and imagination with Kenshi being one of the only real exceptions. He and Sareena are the only ones I'd really like to see show up again.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Most of the 3D era characters should probably just stay away unless they get massive, massive overhauls (which would just upset a lot of the people asking for them). Many of the MK4-8 characters lacked in creativity and imagination with Kenshi being one of the only real exceptions. He and Sareena are the only ones I'd really like to see show up again.
agreed .... I only care for Kenshi, Sareena, Li Mei and Havik .... all others 3D characters could be absent and sit out forever and this would make none difference , hehe :p

agreed .... I only care for Kenshi, Sareena, Li Mei and Havik .... all others 3D characters could be absent and sit out forever and this would make none difference , hehe :p
I personally only care for Kenshi, Shinnok (to a degree. It was cool seeing him in a 2D game for the first time), Tanya, and maybe Reiko. Maybe.

I honestly feel the 3D era characters are generally just very forgettable.

xenogorgeous

I honestly feel the 3D era characters are generally just very forgettable.
yeah, yeah .... weak and bland designing, personality and overall, presentation .... I feel even Ed Boon must regret that time for MK franchise, lol .... we see that, from time to time, they try to include some few old school 3D era here and there, that maybe, only those who worth to be recycled and upgraded/updated for the modern games .... this explain Kenshi, Tanya and Tremor had their chances in MK9 and MKX, because they are above average when you see the 3D era roster material quality .... but a lot of 3D characters are weak options indeed

yeah, yeah .... weak and bland designing, personality and overall, presentation .... I feel even Ed Boon must regret that time for MK franchise, lol .... we see that, from time to time, they try to include some few old school 3D era here and there, that maybe, only those who worth to be recycled and upgraded/updated for the modern games .... this explain Kenshi, Tanya and Tremor had their chances in MK9 and MKX, because they are above average when you see the 3D era roster material quality .... but a lot of 3D characters are weak options indeed
I wouldn't say Tremor is above average, I mean his only proper game was Mortal Kombat: Special Forces, yet he oddly still has a following and was heavily requested during Mortal Kombat (2011)'s life time. Tanya and he were the two most requested characters I saw at the time, and NetherRealm Studios obliged in the following game.

xenogorgeous

I wouldn't say Tremor is above average, I mean his only proper game was Mortal Kombat: Special Forces, yet he oddly still has a following and was heavily requested during Mortal Kombat (2011)'s life time. Tanya and he were the two most requested characters I saw at the time, and NetherRealm Studios obliged in the following game.
this make sense, really .... yeah

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Yeah havik could be cool too. He was kind of a shit character but I like the design and potential he has. I don’t know they picked Fujin over him.

Yeah havik could be cool too. He was kind of a shit character but I like the design and potential he has. I don’t know they picked Fujin over him.
Fujin has been heavily requested as well. It actually does seem like NetherRealm is choosing characters based on volume of requests (which is not a bad thing; shows they're listening to their fans).

Look at Mortal Kombat X. Tanya, Tremor, Jason, and especially Predator were the most requested characters being asked for during the life of Mortal Kombat (2011), and so they ended up being in the next game. With the absence of the cyber ninjas, they were hugely requested starting at Mortal Kombat X's launch, as was Bo Rai Cho (for reasons I'll never understand). When people saw Jason and Predator, other horror characters, like Alien, were hugely requested. They all came in Kombat Pack 2.

Fujin, Sindel, Shang Tsung, Terminator, Ash, all massively requested characters since Mortal Kombat XL.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Fujin has been heavily requested as well. It actually does seem like NetherRealm is choosing characters based on volume of requests (which is not a bad thing; shows they're listening to their fans).

Look at Mortal Kombat X. Tanya, Tremor, Jason, and especially Predator were the most requested characters being asked for during the life of Mortal Kombat (2011), and so they ended up being in the next game. With the absence of the cyber ninjas, they were hugely requested starting at Mortal Kombat X's launch, as was Bo Rai Cho (for reasons I'll never understand). When people saw Jason and Predator, other horror characters, like Alien, were hugely requested. They all came in Kombat Pack 2.

Fujin, Sindel, Shang Tsung, Terminator, Ash, all massively requested characters since Mortal Kombat XL.
What if they did Fujin just so he could possess raiden and give him powers back lol. Like how raiden made Liu Kang a god.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
You might not have to. They've set things up so they can do anything they want should they continue the franchise. Raiden, being a core character, has a high chance of returning.
Without lightning he’s just an annoying white dude.