What's new

Where is the moral outrage over Xbox One`s DRM?

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Alright relax Sony Fanboy, don't kid yourself sony is no better. How soon we forget how Sony's servers were compromised losing thousands of peoples credit card information. How soon we forget how aggressive sony was when some kid figured out how to jailbreak PS3. Both companies end game is $ and they try to protect their investments. Neither is better than the other in this regard, to think so is just plain naive.

Nintendo is currently under a shitstorm because of their recent youtube policy where they will add advertisements and take revenue for any video that has any sort of Nintendo content in it. Which may not sound like much but it's a slap in the face for game reviewers, streamers, etc. who increase Nintendos revenue by shedding light on their games. So again be it Nintendo/MS/Sony they are all the same they are looking to maximize profit by any means necessary.
You forgot to mention XBL was also compromised and most of the things you mentioned are meaningless compared to the insanity MS is doing here.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Alright relax Sony Fanboy, don't kid yourself sony is no better. How soon we forget how Sony's servers were compromised losing thousands of peoples credit card information. How soon we forget how aggressive sony was when some kid figured out how to jailbreak PS3. Both companies end game is $ and they try to protect their investments. Neither is better than the other in this regard, to think so is just plain naive.

Nintendo is currently under a shitstorm because of their recent youtube policy where they will add advertisements and take revenue for any video that has any sort of Nintendo content in it. Which may not sound like much but it's a slap in the face for game reviewers, streamers, etc. who increase Nintendos revenue by shedding light on their games. So again be it Nintendo/MS/Sony they are all the same they are looking to maximize profit by any means necessary.
LOL. PSN is freeeeeeeeeeeee.

Sony fanboy? I own just about every system and my favorite system is probably the dreamcast.

Yes they did lose some info, but it was heavily encrypted. There hasn't been a known case of credit card fraud since the event. You would have a point if the data wasn't hashed AND encrypted. There are plenty of companies (including microsoft) that have been hacked. For me that shit isn't important as long as my information isn't available. They can steal all the encrypted data they want, but if they can't decrypt it then why would I give a shit?

Sony was aggressive about the jailbreak because they know how bad piracy can destroy a system. Look at the PSP. The psp sold solid numbers, but the games actually bought were low because just about every game was pirated. It was so easy to pirate games on the PSP because it got jailbroken.

I said Sony is more consumer friendly and they are, you can't even deny that fact. They are the only company that has a non-region lock system. They are the only one that offer a service (PS+) that is worth noting.

Nintendo has blunders as well but they aren't nearly as bad as microsoft.

There is almost no reason to get an xboxone at this point.
Its weaker, its slower Gddr5 vs ddr 3), its more intrusive, and its a PR shitstorm.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I've never heard so much first world problems whining ever.

CLEARLY the xbox1 is not made for simply gaming. They are trying to merge into a completely different realm.... and could give two shits about tournies and hardcore "gamers".... becuase there are MORE poeple who simply want entertainment, luxury and easy access. This console will do that.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I've never heard so much first world problems whining ever.

CLEARLY the xbox1 is not made for simply gaming. They are trying to merge into a completely different realm.... and could give two shits about tournies and hardcore "gamers".... becuase there are MORE poeple who simply want entertainment, luxury and easy access. This console will do that.
Um... you are on TYM. Obviously the opinions here are different than the opinions you will find on Youtube...

rofl do people realize that the whole presentation was faked?

Look at how laggy/choppy that is

Let me remind everybody that is 3 gig reserve to the OS with that lag.

Yes there is a few months (3-4 for 2013 release) to iron some kinks out, but I am not hopeful. I mean its already stated on their own site that they won't have the trade-in feature at launch. They are so behind.

Its very obvious MS was caught offguard with Sony releasing 8 gigs of GDDR5 ram. Even the 3rd party ps4 devs didn't know about that. Sony basically forced MS to rush their development.

http://www.develop-online.net/news/43781/Third-parties-surprised-by-PS4s-8GB

edit

The Xbone has great ideas and ambition but the implementation of these ideas are too soon. This would of been great maybe 10 years from now where the 1st world countries can have reliable internet. Where people had fiber internet and didn't have to resort to having comcast, but right not we have comcast (the same people who said Americans don't need high speed internet).

http://www.inquisitr.com/691041/comcast-ceo-says-americans-dont-need-google-fiber-internet-speeds/

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I also expect them to see what the console truly is meant for.
That is true... I still think it is hard for people to believe that they are making a gaming console a pseudo-entertainment thing. I mean I have a TV, I have a phone, I have a computer... I don't need my Xbox/Ps4 do be a cheap knock off of those things. I want it to play GAMES. :p

Sony fanboy? I own just about every system and my favorite system is probably the dreamcast.

Yes they did lose some info, but it was heavily encrypted. There hasn't been a known case of credit card fraud since the event. You would have a point if the data wasn't hashed AND encrypted. There are plenty of companies (including microsoft) that have been hacked. For me that shit isn't important as long as my information isn't available. They can steal all the encrypted data they want, but if they can't decrypt it then why would I give a shit?

Sony was aggressive about the jailbreak because they know how bad piracy can destroy a system. Look at the PSP. The psp sold solid numbers, but the games actually bought were low because just about every game was pirated. It was so easy to pirate games on the PSP because it got jailbroken.

I said Sony is more consumer friendly and they are, you can't even deny that fact. They are the only company that has a non-region lock system. They are the only one that offer a service (PS+) that is worth noting.

Nintendo has blunders as well but they aren't nearly as bad as microsoft.

There is almost no reason to get an xboxone at this point.
Its weaker, its slower Gddr5 vs ddr 3), its more intrusive, and its a PR shitstorm.

Oh good grief. Has the current console generation not taught you anything in regards to performance? I own a PS3 I don't own an xbox the games that run well on the PS3 are the exclusives the games that are typically xbox ports usually run worse than they do on xbox. And don't get me started on the lack of 1080p support on the system that comes with a bluray player. Ram speed is certainly not going to be the variable that effects performance in the next gen. Why is MS not aggressive on the people who jailbreak xbox? Since the console was released people have been able to flash the firmware on the dvd drives to play burned copies of games. Turns out your average consumer does not have the aspirations to go through the trouble of hacking their hardware to play games.

I digress and this makes me sound like I'm defending xbox even though I own a PS3. My point is, you're a fool if you honestly believe the companies are that much different from each other. These are both publicly owned companies controlled by a board of directors.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Actually, they are not at all different. Gamers buy a console for gaming, not for fantasy football.
Unless of course the gamer is a fantasy football fanatic and the system can do both..I mean I agree.. I want to play.. Could give two shits about bells and whistles of social media.. But I have had MANY issues with Sony in the past which moved me to MS camp an I have not looked back. Seeing MS pull this kind of shit makes me irate..I'm on the fence til both are released... My natural lean however has me slightly toward MS.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Unless of course the gamer is a fantasy football fanatic and the system can do both..I mean I agree.. I want to play.. Could give two shits about bells and whistles of social media.. But I have had MANY issues with Sony in the past which moved me to MS camp an I have not looked back. Seeing MS pull this kind of shit makes me irate..I'm on the fence til both are released... My natural lean however has me slightly toward MS.
I guess that poor gamer doesn't have a computer or a phone either? :(

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
They say NO NEXT GEN, but have the release date in March 2014 wtf
That doesn't mean it won't be released on current gen consoles, LOZ Twilight Princess and God of War 2 were still released on the Gamecube and PS2 respectively despite the launches of the Wii and PS3

Hell, Gran Turismo 6 is still coming out on PS3 this holiday season even though it'd make the PS4 sell like hot cakes if it were a PS4 launch title

That doesn't mean it won't be released on current gen consoles, LOZ Twilight Princess and God of War 2 were still released on the Gamecube and PS2 respectively despite the launches of the Wii and PS3

Hell, Gran Turismo 6 is still coming out on PS3 this holiday season even though it'd make the PS4 sell like hot cakes if it were a PS4 launch title

They literally said it won't be on PS4 and XB1 though. That's the weird part. I expect it on both still, yeah.

STRYKIE

They literally said it won't be on PS4 and XB1 though. That's the weird part. I expect it on both still, yeah.
Right, and my point is, they might just be developing PS4/XB1 versions in addition to the PS3/360 versions.

Besides, given how intricate and unforgiving the Demon/Dark souls series is, I think they realize they're better off sticking with the install base they've already built, I don't think DS2 would make for a welcoming launch title lol

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
That is true... I still think it is hard for people to believe that they are making a gaming console a pseudo-entertainment thing. I mean I have a TV, I have a phone, I have a computer... I don't need my Xbox/Ps4 do be a cheap knock off of those things. I want it to play GAMES. :p
That's not what most of the market wants. If the large console manufacturers stick to the past and continue to produce game consoles that play the most badass hardcore bitchin' games in the universe and completely focus on that to the detriment of other entertainment avenues, they will be extinct before you know it. The market is shifting, and shifting so rapidly that another iteration of the same thing is a very dangerous proposition.

People are very focused on these announcements as if the competition is between Microsoft and Sony, when it isn't at all about that. This is a competition between Apple and Everybody Else. Look at the hardware market now, and what people are actually buying, and which software markets are growing. The proprietary device that does one thing very well will not be able to compete with the next generation of convenient utility devices. If a consumer likes games but isn't a core gamer, then the question isn't simply Sony Exclusive vs. MS exclusive vs. Nintendo 1st party... you also have to factor in new smartphones and (more importantly) tablets into the mix.

What can a set-top box deliver that a mobile device cannot? That's the question MS and Sony need to address with an answer that is not, "the same thing as last generation, but with awesomer graphics!"

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I like to have my games on a shelf next to my TV, not downloaded onto my console.

You can't backup your console hard drive, so what if my console dies? I can get it fixed or buy another console then re-download the games I have purchased for it... but what if one or more of the games are no longer available? Look at UMK3 for the 360 and MK2 for PS3... they are no longer available and you are now forced to use MKAK. I am sure there are more examples of this.

Always on, 24-hour check-in, kinect required, fuck you M$

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I like to have my games on a shelf next to my TV, not downloaded onto my console.

You can't backup your console hard drive, so what if my console dies? I can get it fixed or buy another console then re-download the games I have purchased for it... but what if one or more of the games are no longer available? Look at UMK3 for the 360 and MK2 for PS3... they are no longer available and you are now forced to use MKAK. I am sure there are more examples of this.

Always on, 24-hour check-in, kinect required, fuck you M$
I know what you mean. I don't like digital games very much... I think it is a good idea for the classics though. Like I am thinking about getting MKAK. I already got the Jak collection too...

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I know what you mean. I don't like digital games very much... I think it is a good idea for the classics though. Like I am thinking about getting MKAK. I already got the Jak collection too...
I was excited to buy RE4 in HD on the PS3 until I found out it was download only. I was also disappointed to have to buy Mass Effect 1 via download. I actually tracked down a used copy of Mass Effect 1 on the 360 so I would have a copy on my shelf lol

Fuuuuuuuck the future of gaming... I'm going back to the SNES when life was good.

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
To the OP:

There is no "moral outrage" because there is no moral imperative to deliver awesome video games to people in a convenient manner. People who do believe this is "moral outrage" should probably spend some time examining their priorities.

STRYKIE

I was excited to buy RE4 in HD on the PS3 until I found out it was download only. I was also disappointed to have to buy Mass Effect 1 via download. I actually tracked down a used copy of Mass Effect 1 on the 360 so I would have a copy on my shelf lol

Fuuuuuuuck the future of gaming... I'm going back to the SNES when life was good.
Believe it or not, RE4 and Code Veronica did get a physical retail version in Japan. Why it didn't get localized is beyond me.

Well hopefully given that MKAK won't work on PS4/XB1, they'll be forced to put out a re-balanced version of Trilogy. Maybe with the original revision included anyway like Super Turbo HD did for kicks. :) Even though it'd be a Noob Saibot fest with the occasional ballsy Rain player lol