What's new

Question Where does Skarlet land now? And why?

Where is she in the tier list now?

• Total voters

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
After seeing her in tourney play...after seeing the bandwagon grow...where does she land now?

I think she is 4-5 honestly with only...

1) Kabal
2) Kenshi
3) Lao

...in front of her. I'd put her at number 4.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I have very little knowledge of Skarlet, so my opinion is inconsequential. I voted nonetheless and put her just out of the top 5.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
1-Kabal
2/3-Kenshi/Lao (pretty interchangeable)
4-Sonya
5-Freddy
I could see her being 6. However, characters like cyrax, kitana, reptile i think also come in at this range. 6-10 area for me.

AssassiN

Noob
1-Kabal
2/3-Kenshi/Lao (pretty interchangeable)
4-Sonya
5-Freddy
I could see her being 6. However, characters like cyrax, kitana, reptile i think also come in at this range. 6-10 area for me.
Me too, I'd say 6.
Still a lot of work needs to be done with her to get there.

Deity

Noob
She has the potential to rise up to top 5 once she is played to her fullest potential. I think she is for sure top 10 just like half the cast in this game.

Id place her at 11 or so, anything over 7 is a nono, shes not THAT good and she got some bad matchups against the top tiers, like most of the cast do.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
If all characters suffer from the top 3, Skarlet is not pushed further down the list because of it.

Skarlet is top 5 in theory, but no one currently plays her well enough. we'll see what Scar can do in Dallas.

She has the tools, damage output and armor required to be top 5. However, her execution requirements are higher than the rest of the cast, specifically her zoning.

the question becomes, is a character's technical skill requirement something valid to judge a characters location in a tier list? Since it's all theory, I would say no, it isn't, therefore putting her in top 5.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Espio

Kokomo
Difficulty of execution or skill requirement isn't a determinent for tier placement, if that was the case Kabal wouldn't be where he is currently.

Tier positions are determined by the tools/how characters do against the entire cast with said tools.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
This character has too much stuff that is perfect for a top tier character. iaDs are absolutely stupid for footsies, no throwing projectiles if she has a bar, iaBD to keep you from doing them anyway, good normals, great damage options, a reset. Man, this character is just not being used to her fullest potential. She has other things that could be very much BS as well.

This character will reach 4th or 5th easily, given time.

It's not about the matchup numbers. It's about the players. None of the Skarlet players are good enough yet to make her "top 10"

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Right, and that's not even a knock on the top Skarlet players. It's just saying their character has a keg full of potential, and they're probably only using 65% of it.

Her numbers are changing as time goes on.

Right, and that's not even a knock on the top Skarlet players. It's just saying their character has a keg full of potential, and they're probably only using 65% of it.

Her numbers are changing as time goes on.
1. Skarlet (once all her tools are used, im still working on a few things i have been using that i got from redraptor. Also i think i have some new tech to punish lao teleports that ill have to work on with Cat)
2. Kabal
3.Kenshi/Lao
4.Sonya
5.Freddy

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
lol i remember when everyone was saying skarlet was a shitty character, saying she was just a little bit higher than jade xD. I still don't see how she's all thaaat good.

1. Skarlet/Kabal (Once ALL her tools are mastered i see her sharing this position wit kabal but not dethroning him)
2.Kenshi
3. Sonya
4. Freddy
5. Lao

I feel as if skarlet is 6-10 even after full potential

Possibly 5 but that's highest I see it
well thats what they said about kenshi before u made him look broken pig lol, now his rank has shifted, i feel shes more up there then the credit u give her, but just as u did wit kenshi, i cant just talk about it, i will have to step up n prove this in tournament play