What's new

Where do you take someone on a first date?

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
if it was twenty years ago. the arcade.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
lol. I'm fat too. As men we don't have to worry about being fat bro. Long as you're a nice guy/ have a personality/ Swag is right/ got something going for yourself you'll be fine. Some women like big men. I've only been turned down for being fat once in my life.

I wasn't trying to bash myself and I don't have any problems at all getting chicks, I was just saying that in my specific circumstance I usually end up like getting a number and talking to a chick a chick for a bit before we go on a date ya know? So like movies aren't that bad for me. And like I said, it let's you know to a certain extent about the person. Know what I mean?

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I wasn't trying to bash myself and I don't have any problems at all getting chicks, I was just saying that in my specific circumstance I usually end up like getting a number and talking to a chick a chick for a bit before we go on a date ya know? So like movies aren't that bad for me. And like I said, it let's you know to a certain extent about the person. Know what I mean?
I feel you lol

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
a restaurant that's not completely cheap or too expensive, and with good ambiance

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Every first date i've gone on has ended in horrible failure so i couldnt tell were to go.

However i know where not to go and i am happy to share my wisdom. Don't go to a fast food restaurant, school, airplane hangar, to see your drug dealer, to pick up your latest cat, meet your wife, a strip club, to meet your parents, a library, a graveyard, to your apartment in hopes to impress her with magic tricks, a tour of a bread factory, sperm bank, skydiving, laser tag, a strangers wedding, and the middle east. Learn from my mistakes tym community
I love this post lol

tazzmission

Banned
simply going to a restaurant is a good start. make sure it isnt anything to fancy otherwise you might send a message of coming on to strong. just be yourself and really try getting to know the chick .

simply just play it safe and let nature take its course

sgZick

Noob
I would say anything is better than movies or theatre for a first date. If the idea is to get someone to know each other better and see if you have anything in common, you want to be at a place where you can actually talk and not stare at a screen for 2 hours. I know when you are a bit socially awkward or shy or not agood conversationalist the movie seems like an easy cop-out, but chances are if you don't talk and keep her talking and make her enjoy the conversation, chances are high you won't leave a positive impression, and she won't return for round 2. Use date 1 to find common interesstes and them implement them in the following ones...

Ok. Some backstory here. I am 5' 10" and currently weigh about 270lbs. I am horribly out of shape (working on that tho) yet I have never had a problem getting the girl I really want.

Three huge tips.

1.) This is by far the most important. BE YOURSELF. Its obvious when you are fake. We are all looking for the same thing in the long run. Someone who loves us for the fucked up piece of shit we are. Why shoot yourself in the foot by pretending to be someone you're not?

2.) Body Language works wonders. If you are confident enough to gaze into her eyes whenever you can, she will lower her guard and begin to feel comfortable around you. This is a huge step in the right direction. I am not telling you to stare at her all night. But if she catches you looking. Look right into her eyes and smile. Smiling is critical.

3.) Communication. Like others have already said. Movies are better for later dates. Try bowling or mini golf. Places where you can interact much more and really let your personality shine through.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

Goldi

Warrior
I just find out what they like to do with their friends and ask if they want to go with me.

In college there was a cute little arcade (omg my old is showing!) near some of my favorite restaurants and a bubble tea shop with board games, small art galleries that were always doing exhibits... You just had to kinda explore. I liked to just suggest a general area of town to go to and wander together. If there was no chemistry at least we'd still have fun and potentially run into some other friends along the way.

MuMuGuy

Kombatant
I'm not sure if it's an option for you due to location, but I always go on a first date to any place that's free (ie. most museums). I hate paying for more than my transportation on a first date. Any first date that costs you more than your transportation is too much of a risk since it'll be wasted money if either or both parties aren't feeling the date. The only thing more foolish is buying someone a drink at a bar.

The worst first dates are movie and dinner dates. Going to the movies precludes the ability to talk to your date and dinner dates make body language excessively difficult.

The main thing though is to just leave if you're not enjoying your date's company. If one knows they're not going to ask for a second date, there's no reason to stick around and waste time. For some reason, my most productive practice sessions of VF5: Final Showdown occur after failed first dates. :p

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I've once read that the best statistically proven place for the first date is a park, during the day.

Hemlock

Dojo Trainee
#respect

since most of what i was gonna say has been said, BOWLING MOTHERFUCKERS!
Bowling is the best because usually both parties are bad at it, so it's fun to kind of embarrass yourself and cheer each other on!

Oh, EVO would probably would have been good first date as well. ;-)