What's new

Question Where do you rank Bane? Please cast a vote in this thread.

Where is Bane in your mind?

• Total voters

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Can't pressure him effectively since if he makes the read on your slow normals he can outright avoid your armors. Plus he isn't 100% free on wake-up, only like... 90%
Haha I like the idea that a character "not being 100% free on wake-ups" all of a sudden makes it a bad match up.

Does Max agree with 6-4 scorps favour?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Haha I like the idea that a character "not being 100% free on wake-ups" all of a sudden makes it a bad match up.

Does Max agree with 6-4 scorps favour?
That's not what makes it his favor, it just makes him annoying. His favor comes from us having a hard time mounting pressure on him.

I think so, I dunno.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
That's not what makes it his favor, it just makes him annoying. His favor comes from us having a hard time mounting pressure on him.

I think so, I dunno.
I know, I was only joking. I do think though that it's just as hard for scorpion to apply pressure on bane. It's not as if he can zone effectively.

Who even are the best scorpions anymore? Would be interesting to see high level bane vs high level scorps in a Mr Aquaman style FT20

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I know, I was only joking. I do think though that it's just as hard for scorpion to apply pressure on bane. It's not as if he can zone effectively.

Who even are the best scorpions anymore? Would be interesting to see high level bane vs high level scorps in a Mr Aquaman style FT20
Uh... Slips?

What does Flash do when knocked down? If you've got a great idea let me know before GBS tomorrow.
Against non venom Bane everything you normally do. Against venom he cuts your choices down like anyone else, but here are your options.

1. MB Charge use this if they are just rampaging without thinking about timing it will blow up his armor.
2. MB dodge lets you confirm the MB to not waste meter. You can react if the dodge is successful or not and even when it is not you can still MB to be make block.
3. LKc Backdash covers all the variants on Bane's rushdown even when cornered. Can be snuffed out by patience and punish.
4. Sonic Pound works against throw and escapes overhead punch, still gets hit by uppercut.
5. Wait and react. The toughest choice obviously, but the most tried and true thing to do in every fighting game. 15frames is an acceptable amount of time to see the difference between a throw and an overhead. His uppercut is a non option because you will block it. Go to training mode and practice it out of the heat of a match till you CAN start doing it in match.

All that being said it is a very honest matchup in my oppinion. Could swing either way with player skill very fast. Hope this helps. I do not play against Banes often but I training moded and recorded lots of random sequences to prepare for bane before Final Round.

he's top 10 for sure. voted him 8-10. a good portion of the cast cannot rush bane which means he's coming at you with a ton of safe armored specials. he has also earned his projected position of being top 10 based off of recent tourney placements. s/o to Grr and many other good bane players

Last edited: