What's new

Question Where do you rank Bane? Please cast a vote in this thread.

Where is Bane in your mind?

• Total voters

GGA Max

Hey guys, I am just wondering the community's current feeling of Bane.

I'm gunna leave this poll open, check it from time to time, and I might bump it a little just to get a good data pool. I will let the votes be public in case there is any bias from the GGA group (who play Bane weekly) VS like Socal or somewhere else, that doesn't have a Bane as far as I know. It will help me or anyone interpret the results.

Is he as good as the commonly assumed top 3? Aquaman, Zod, MMH?

My prediction is that the votes will be pretty spread out depending on if you play a Bane online, if you have one in your scene, what character you use, etc. But we'll see.

Thanks.

AK Ace Universe

Yomi | RM Raoh
I think Bane is extremely good for what it's worth. I think he can compete in the top 5 range, but still might be placed slightly below due to some questionable matchups.

I'm actually thinking of pickup up Bane soon, now that I have more time to play.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I've got him in the 13th area.

No order:

Batgirl
Martian
Zod
Aquaman
Wonder Woman
Batman
Black Adam
Flash
Sinestro
Superman
Zatanna
(Debating Frost or Lantern)
Bane

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
All of you Bane players need to thank me for all the success you guys have been having with this abomination.

If it wasn't for my constant shit talking about how bad Bane was, you guys would not have the tyrant you see today. Ed Boon was basically saying "OK, we have to shut this guy KhaoTik up" and he gave you guys a disgusting character. For goodness sakes, you guys got buffed to the point that you dont even have to block to win. Bane would have 100s of wins if Babalities were in this game.

With that said, I demand a Ferrari from @GGA Max.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Voted 8-10. Characters I think that are better (in no particular order):
Aquaman
Martian
Batgirl
Batman
Flash
Superman
Wonder woman
Zod
Black Adam

I also think there might be potential for Zatanna, Green Lantern and Raven to be better than him too

Last edited:

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Its the buff trap from MK9 all over again, Jax was shite until he got buffed. He went under the radar patch after patch and then tom brady said he was no. 1 and everyone went fucking insane. Eventually they realised he was just solid and barely in top 10.

Definitely top 10, probably not top 5.

His trait and dash makes him a threat to anyone who doesn't have good fast multi hitting moves.

+Trait
+Almost no need for meter (meaning he always has clash options)
+Godly dashes (front and back)
+Great oki anywhere in the screen
+Safe pressure with trait
+Great range and hitbox on normals
+Charge cannot be parried

-No ranged capability
-Trouble with fast multi hitting moves
-Slower normals
-Improper use of venom can cause damage to self multiplied almost 200%

Last edited:

GGA Max

All of you Bane players need to thank me for all the success you guys have been having with this abomination.

If it wasn't for my constant shit talking about how bad Bane was, you guys would not have the tyrant you see today. Ed Boon was basically saying "OK, we have to shut this guy KhaoTik up" and he gave you guys a disgusting character. For goodness sakes, you guys got buffed to the point that you dont even have to block to win. Bane would have 100s of wins if Babalities were in this game.

With that said, I demand a Ferrari from @GGA Max.
There was A LOT of down playing and buff requests. The dumbest I remember was "make double punch do 10%" which effectively meant you could win the match with like 15 of them LOL.

I voted 8-10....but its a really hard call. I don't think he's top 5....but he's definitely in the conversation for top 10 right now IMO. I think MMH, Zod, Aquaman, and Batgirl are all *probably* better than he is. After that; Bane is a part of a conversation that includes Wonderwoman, Flash, Batman, Black Adam, Superman, Sinestro, etc. He could be top 10....he could be just outside of it.

Hey guys, I am just wondering the community's current feeling of Bane.

I'm gunna leave this poll open, check it from time to time, and I might bump it a little just to get a good data pool. I will let the votes be public in case there is any bias from the GGA group (who play Bane weekly) VS like Socal or somewhere else, that doesn't have a Bane as far as I know. It will help me or anyone interpret the results.

Is he as good as the commonly assumed top 3? Aquaman, Zod, MMH?

My prediction is that the votes will be pretty spread out depending on if you play a Bane online, if you have one in your scene, what character you use, etc. But we'll see.

Thanks.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Probably top 10, probably not top 5

He's hard to rank because he has benefits so much from momentum and has comeback factor and corner game that can make otherwise really difficult match ups completely winnable