What's new

When this game comes out don't overreact. Hit the lab, work your way around.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
I like them being unblockable because I like the pressure. You know you can't block it, and you have to work to avoid or counter them (for those that you can).

The OTG aspect...I'm torn on. I'm rusty, but as Lex I feel that I can wake-up corp charge out of most stuff, so haven't experienced the downside of that too much. Maybe the other players can't do their setups because of online, or maybe I get away with my wakeup due to online, I honestly don't know. But, in my limited experience, the OTG aspect hasn't been much of an issue.

I think it will be easier to show some examples, and that's what I hope to do in a few weeks. I have a lot of videos, and can show some of the matches that revolved around interactibles and demonstrate why I like them.

It's not that I'm addicted to pressing one button and getting free damage. That's the least interesting aprt to me, and if that's all I wanted, I'd camp on ferris at the rockets as often as I could, like certain other players.

What I love is the back and forth, the mind games and vying for control of an interactible. I need to show examples of that, which is why I'm going to get some videos, but *thats* what I love. Not the one button damage.

IMO, making them blockable will change that aspect quiet a bit. When they are blockable they are not as scary, and if they are not as scary people won't have to work to stop me from using them...since they can just block them.

Look...not trying to prove people wrong, not trying to claim I know more...I'm just saying why I like them, and why I think they make the game interesting and ad an element to footsies. Maybe that's just how I play the game, but I enjoy it. *shrug*.
so for you, to camp an interactable and base your gameplan on gaining the control of that interactable it's called footises... you need to google the meaning of "footsies" and then come back here

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
but tossing unblockables are a core game mechanic obv it enhances footies even if you cant avoid it. Its your fault if you cant
it's funny now that i think of it, he's almost up there with Netotigr claiming "combos" after shooting with jacqui...

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
I don't want to fight with you any more. I'd really appreciate it if you would just leave me the fuck alone. Stop going around liking every post someone makes saying something negative about me, stop following my threads egging on the negativity....just stop. Don't you have more important shit to do?

We shouldn't even be fighting, it's so fucking stupid. We should be discussing the game we both love and have in common. The only reason I have anything against you, is because you started hounding and following me, for reasons that didn't even make sense.

How about we just stop, clean slate. No more insults or petty passive aggressive shit going forward. It only brings the community down, and I don't want to waste time with it, I want to discuss a game I love. Maybe if we put out shit aside, we could even learn from each other.

Can you agree to that?
Seriously will you answer my question?

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
God...no man. This is why I thought you were being a dick. I specifically said I don't like camping. I specifically mentioned mind games. Fact is, people who don't think interactibles play a part in footsies in Injustice are just flat out wrong, and don't understand the game as well as they think they do. This is hopeless until I show some videos. I'm done with this thread. UGH.
but bro, let's say you wanna play that game, right? you wanna play these "interactable mindgames", but let's say i dont give 2 shits about controlling the interactable but i know you wanna go for that interactable, all i wanna do is to read when you're gonna use it and try and punish (although in that game its almost impossible to avoid some of them, cause you know, unblockable, full screen and large hitbox).. see, how does all of this has to do with footsies? it's a read.

high level players didnt use interactables cause they were playing the grounded footsie game, but because they were unblockable and they had OTG unaviodable set ups lol... and they certanly didnt based their entire gameplan on "conquering the interactables" cause, you know:

Winning the round > Controlling the interactable

also, if you understand the meta soooo well, why werent you up there making top 8s and such?

sounds like you're playing Battlefield Conquest instead of a fighting game

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Wow.

Alright, from this thread I learned:

- The online community never learns. People who bitch and moan about mkx saying other people shouldnt bitch and moan about Injustice 2 lol.
- 2016 ppl giving fake patch notes like "getting hp from a winning clash was patched in".
- @BatmanBeatsCap has no idea of what hes talking about with gems like "interactables are footsie tools" and "GA and Zod are even against Lex".

This is whats gonna happen:
The exact same thing that has happened for the last 6 years. Honestly, just show up to tournaments and level up, seeing all this average-level online-only people crying about every little thing is annoying instead of growing the offline community and leveling up together.

Jesus, stop with what?

I'm responding to, yet another, bullshit personal attack. How about you tell all the idiots in this thread resorting to petty personal attacks and attempts to discredit me to stop. Its completely out of place, and only brings the community down.
Petty?

Mother fucker you calmly explained how you wanted someone's family to die then threatened to physically attack them given the opportunity. There are literal mix tapes online of you being a colossal dick to anyone and everyone. You speaking on what's best for the community is laughable.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
This thread is something that does not have to be stated. We dont need to treat the typical complaining, unintelligible scrubs like babies, theyre already annoying enough and take up too much of the community.

ruff321

Noob
Yeah now that they're adding a gear system gl telling people to work their way around that. Can almost guarantee there will be S tier gears and hitting the lab ain't gonna fix that

E

Eldriken

No, that was one outburst from 3 years ago due to extreme fucking circamstances. I would think most people have had moments like that at some point in their life. There's no damn mixtapes.

It's pretty sad that you have to rely on one emotional outburts from 3 fucking years ago to try and attack me. Get a life.
Who cares how long ago it was or what the circumstances were? Fact of the matter is, you still said it.

Seriously, dude. Stop it with all the complaining, whining, etc. If people are giving you a problem, ignore them.

No, that was one outburst from 3 years ago due to extreme fucking circamstances. I would think most people have had moments like that at some point in their life. There's no damn mixtapes.

It's pretty sad that you have to rely on one emotional outburts from 3 fucking years ago to try and attack me. Get a life. And where the hell was I speaking on what is best for the community? I just called for less personal attacks.
No actually I've never told anyone I wished their families would die. Mostly because I'm not a pile of shit. And yes. The first suggested video I got after watching that was a compilation video of you quitting matches and being a d-bag.

You are notorious for being "that guy". Now you suddenly want people to respect your opinion? Sorry bud, that's not happening.

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
Wow.

Alright, from this thread I learned:

- The online community never learns. People who bitch and moan about mkx saying other people shouldnt bitch and moan about Injustice 2 lol.
- 2016 ppl giving fake patch notes like "getting hp from a winning clash was patched in".
- @BatmanBeatsCap has no idea of what hes talking about with gems like "interactables are footsie tools" and "GA and Zod are even against Lex".

This is whats gonna happen:
The exact same thing that has happened for the last 6 years. Honestly, just show up to tournaments and level up, seeing all this average-level online-only people crying about every little thing is annoying instead of growing the offline community and leveling up together.
Wow! My apologies; I was mistaken. I Just checked all patch notes and apparently wagers regained lost health from the beginning. I'll change my previous post accordingly. Thanks for the correction. Regardless of my mistake the point I was making (that Grundy was unwarrantly nerfed) still stands true.

No actually I've never told anyone I wished their families would die. Mostly because I'm not a pile of shit. And yes. The first suggested video I got after watching that was a compilation video of you quitting matches and being a d-bag.

You are notorious for being "that guy". Now you suddenly want people to respect your opinion? Sorry bud, that's not happening.
This @BatmanBeatsCap.

If it were one isolated event, fine. We all get mad (but like treadmill said, no one stoops as low as to go on about how you'd rape family members), but this clearly isn't the first time it's happened.

Search in youtube the simple name "BatmanBeatsCap" and look at the first four results. You're literally notorious for being a sore loser on PSN. There's plenty of evidence.

Back on topic.

@BatmanBeatsCap your argument seems to be that the interactables have a meta game, a strategy of offense and defense, effect spacing etc. All that is true. But having something to deal with in a fighting game doesn't by default mean it's a good device or improves competition.

If you like it fine. The general consensus is that it is bad for competitive play due to the randomness and unfair damage.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Sorry, what the OP wants is impossible.

As soon as the game comes out there will be hundreds, thousands of people who will whore the top tier chars and consistently use very good (not op, but very good and easy) tactics to win, like their life depended on it to win that ranked match.

This will cause mountains of salt and nobody will even remotely care that someone will find a way to deal with said tactics 3 months later, because the damage has already been done.

If you go outside for 3 months and each time you leave your house someone BEATS THE SHIT OUT OF YOU with a whip, and after 3 months someone comes and says hey, you can wear a jacket and you won't feel anything...you wouldn't care..you would want whips destroyed and burned and anyone using them arrested and executed in public.

That's the way it has always been. Can't fight it.
Whips? I like the way you think, baby.

It would be OK as long as they talk dirty too.

:p

I've been on this site since mk9. There is something very depressing about watching the same exact thing happen again and again and again. It's like I'm stuck in a time loop. If you want to know what your fighting game future holds, just look at the past. I'm serious. Nothing changes around here. Only the name of the game does. Nothing else.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I've been on this site since mk9. There is something very depressing about watching the same exact thing happen again and again and again. It's like I'm stuck in a time loop. If you want to know what your fighting game future holds, just look at the past. I'm serious. Nothing changes around here. Only the name of the game does. Nothing else.
I can give you a way out of the loop, just put the revolver to your head and it will wipe away all the memories.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Oh and a note to the site moderators/staff ect. If you don't want to promote, create and perpetuate another season of buff/nerf crying complaints among the community like the way this site always loves to serve out the haterade, then restrict all member thread postings on buffs/nerfs until the game has been out for at least 6 months. Yes its that easy. Plain and simple.
Confirmed beyond help.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
The first 4 videos on Youtube include the video of me being abusive, then 2 videos with some kid gloating about how he beat me, OK cool, but showing me losing isn't showing me to be a shitty person. The other video shows a match being disconnected and a guy claiming it is a ragequit. For what it's worth, the guy who posted that always ragequits and also sends vulgar messages, but, I guess that doesn't matter if you've already formed your opinion *shrug*.

So, yes, that video where I am being abusive IS an isolated incident. It is the only time that has happened. Prove otherwise, or stop spreading hate and misinformation. I'm ashamed of that video....but it's wrong to say I act like that constantly. It was one outburst from 3 years ago that captured me at my absolute worst.

People can search Youtube like you suggest and see for themsevles that it was indeed n isolated incident,. I've been on the forums for 2.5 years now, if that was indicative of my personality I don't think I would have lasted nearly that long here.

That's all I'm going to say on that.

Yeah. I know it's true. It's why I was arguing for it. Seriously...go look at my early responses...that's exactly what I'm saying.

Sure. Which is why I repeatedly said, as soon as the discussion started, that the implementation in IGAU had problems, but the underlying concept was sound.

Some intearactibles/maps were more unfair than others. Maps like Arkham, Luthor labs etc, I think are fine. But, anyway. This thread got so distorted and offtrack that it's nor worth discussing it anymore. Rabbit did a good job of seeding more hate and taking the thread off topic.

Like I said, I'll make a post in the next two weeks or so with video, because that's much much easier to demonstrate what I am saying, and much much harder to argue against. Hopefully at that point, people won't still be focused on personal attacks and can maybe attack arguments instead of people.

Ciao.
Dont bother, no video of yours is going to proove your point BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT RIGHT ABOUT INTERACTIBLES. You have already prooven that you have no idea about how this game works.
Just fucking stahp, it will be less pathetic.
Btw, nice compilation of ragequits on YT.

Yeah. I know it's true. It's why I was arguing for it. Seriously...go look at my early responses...that's exactly what I'm saying.
What? No shit. You can't quote one line from my point only because you think out of context it'll help you win an argument. I'm saying the fact that it is in the game and you have to deal with it doesn't make it a good mechanic. How do you not understand that? Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you? Please stop inboxing me about how you aren't an asshole for wishing people's families were dead too.