What's new

When The Patches Come, Do You Prefer They Buff Up, Or Nerf Down?

Maybe neutral and footsies was just never meant to be in an nrs game then. I guess it should always be rush rush rush guess guess guess mix mix mix block forever

Afumba

Noob
Very true, loud stupid fckers like REO who have never won anything in the competitive scene (but, have their tongue out all day long) are the reason some inherently flawed mechanics are in this game.
This is either sarcasm or the most stupid thing i read in awhile.

Ravager

Tanya Loyalist, Cassie main in MK11.
I don't agree with the "buff, don't nerf" idea. I personally would rather not have more Errons or Sonyas. A mix would be better, in my opinion: Nerf the characters that are too good, buff the ones that need some help.

Fixing ass tier fatal blows and broken hit/hurtboxes should be a no brainer. Maybe nerf a couple things, Geras throw loop comes to mind. Shave a frame or two off some moves if necessary and erase Johnny's f43 from the game entirely.

P.S the amount of ads for Nerf Guns on this page is comical

AbeW

Noob
Maybe neutral and footsies was just never meant to be in an nrs game then. I guess it should always be rush rush rush guess guess guess mix mix mix block forever
Tekken 7 has RUN and 50/50s to high heaven. You close in super fast. SC6 has RUN. DoA6 has RUN. You close in super fast on all these. The strong ones still played plenty of footsies in MKX with its run and its 50/50s. You only got thrown in 50/50s after you ALREADY LOST THE NEUTRAL GAME. Somehow all of us don't know what we're talking about and all the weak fools who constantly whined about MKX got it right eh? MKX is nothing short of a fking masterpiece.

Tekken 7 has RUN and 50/50s to high heaven. You close in super fast. SC6 has RUN. DoA6 has RUN. You close in super fast on all these. The strong ones still played plenty of footsies in MKX with its run and its 50/50s. You only got thrown in 50/50s after you ALREADY LOST THE NEUTRAL GAME. Somehow all of us don't know what we're talking about and all the weak fools who constantly whined about MKX got it right eh? MKX is nothing short of a fking masterpiece.
that's just 3d fighters though. movement is very important in 3d fighters. while there are elements of 50/50s in them, as there are in any fighting game, 3d fighters are also heavily reliant on footsies

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
The game is at its most fun when two “honest” characters play each other. Making everyone honest and cutting the bullshit is the right way of doing things.

AbeW

Noob
that's just 3d fighters though. movement is very important in 3d fighters. while there are elements of 50/50s in them, as there are in any fighting game, 3d fighters are also heavily reliant on footsies
MkX is a lot like a 2D equivalent of Tekken with zoning elements added. You cannot get in quick on someone who knows how to fkin zone right and do the keep away in MKX. In that sense, it can give you a lot more breathing room at times and not be as overwhelming as Tekken all day long. But, that wasn't sufficient apparently for these weak whiners. All the weak whiners who whined about MKX being too hard will get completely ragdolled in Tekken or DoA. These soft fools do not know how difficult many FGs out there are and won't know what hit em when they go up against guys who know what they're doing in other FGs.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Nerf and buff up, down or sideways. Just do a good job and go for actual balance. NRS mostly just tier shifts. Like what happened to D'Vorah? Awful, awful work there.
TBH, the game is not in a terrible state right now, even with the S-tier outliers. If D'Vorah level bullshit is all they got, just leave it alone.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
that's just 3d fighters though. movement is very important in 3d fighters. while there are elements of 50/50s in them, as there are in any fighting game, 3d fighters are also heavily reliant on footsies.
Comparing the 50/50 mix ups of Tekken 7 to Mortal Kombat X is a false equivalency and a dishonest argument. The best 50/50 mix up in the game is Devil Jin's WS+2, which is a launching mid attack, and hell sweeps, a launching low attack. First of all, in order to execute this mix up effectively, not only do you have to be able to perform a wave dash, you have to be able to perform the two moves out of a wave dash consistently, which is no easy task and certainly more execution heavy than anything in Mortal Kombat X. Second of all, both options are punishable on block, one of which is launch punishable. There are no such things as resets, continues 50/50 mix ups, or continuous pressure in Tekken 7 as there are/were in Mortal Kombat X and some anime games. If there were, they would be break the game and Namco would remove them immediately. Tekken 7 is fun because almost all characters are strong. You still get a certain satisfaction out of using low and mid tier characters.

As far as patches are concerned, if NRS applies the same balancing philosophy to Mortal Kombat 11 as they did to Injustice 2, the balance ought to be very good. Aside from Aquaman and Deadshot, all characters mostly play the same way as they did when you first unwrapped the game out of the box. A better and more interesting question is how the variation system will turn out to be, particularly when the vast majority of the community supports custom variations.

MkX is a lot like a 2D equivalent of Tekken with zoning elements added. You cannot get in quick on someone who knows how to fkin zone right and do the keep away in MKX. In that sense, it can give you a lot more breathing room at times and not be as overwhelming as Tekken all day long. But, that wasn't sufficient apparently for these weak whiners. All the weak whiners who whined about MKX being too hard will get completely ragdolled in Tekken or DoA. These soft fools do not know how difficult many FGs out there are and won't know what hit em when they go up against guys who know what they're doing in other FGs.
Run in mkx at least helped mitigate some of that oppressive feeling against zoning. I can't really call tekken overwhelming since I play it but I definitely know a lot of people complain about tekken being too hard

Comparing the 50/50 mix ups of Tekken 7 to Mortal Kombat X is a false equivalency and a dishonest argument. The best 50/50 mix up in the game is Devil Jin's WS+2, which is a launching mid attack, and hell sweeps, a launching low attack. First of all, in order to execute this mix up effectively, not only do you have to be able to perform a wave dash, you have to be able to perform the two moves out of a wave dash consistently, which is no easy task and certainly more execution heavy than anything in Mortal Kombat X. Second of all, both options are punishable on block, one of which is launch punishable. There are no such things as resets, continues 50/50 mix ups, or continuous pressure in Tekken 7 as there are/were in Mortal Kombat X and some anime games. If there were, they would be break the game and Namco would remove them immediately. Tekken 7 is fun because almost all characters are strong. You still get a certain satisfaction out of using low and mid tier characters.

As far as patches are concerned, if NRS applies the same balancing philosophy to Mortal Kombat 11 as they did to Injustice 2, the balance ought to be very good. Aside from Aquaman and Deadshot, all characters mostly play the same way as they did when you first unwrapped the game out of the box. A better and more interesting question is how the variation system will turn out to be, particularly when the vast majority of the community supports custom variations.
Of course tekken 7 50/50s are nothing like mkx 50/50s. Tekken 7 is probably the most balanced game on the market. Panda won world tour. I just don't want custom variations to come out the gate stupid and everyone's trying to make a super character

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I think it needs to be done by a character by character basis. I don't play at a high level but I would rather not have the entire roster be busted but I don't want every character to be bland and boring either. I think they just need to keep doing it the same way, buff some of the weaker ones within reason and maybe nerf any specific things that the community feels is too strong. Try to create a middle ground.

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
I believe that a good target for balance is around where Jax/Liu/Noob are at (which i think most people would call the "2nd tier" of characters). Take down the top 5 a notch, and shore up some of the weaknesses of the characters that are in real rough spots (Kotal/Frost/Dvorrah/Shao).

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Dunno about you, but they might need to nerf the fast characters to tone them down. They got 50/50, unlike Frost and the rest that don't have.

Frost and the rest need to be buffed with slight speed and some tweaks to deal with the whiff issues.

They gotta rebalance them to fit the neutral game.

MuMuGuy

Noob
Buff up generally.

The only time I support nerfing characters, especially early in a game's lifecycle are if a character has an infinite or if a character does actually overpower much of the roster to the point where it's basically a loss at the select screen.

I'm not a Sub zero player by any means, I do believe his mix is strong once he is in but it's fuzzy blockable, in the corner it is very strong but I believe Brady made a video showing how to fuzzy it and that there are no guaranteed setups.

Scorpion I stated was fine not only can they be flawless Blocked but easily fuzzied.

In my opinion Sub Zeros 50/50s are nothing close to mkx. In X we had loopable true 50/50s, overhead to lows that where lightning fast which didn't start with high and couldn't be poked out, many if them could be ticked like early Erron Black, tekada had an unblockable with his 50/50s. Then there where resets, vortex, restands into 30/30/30s and even HTBs.

MK11 is nothing like that. I'm fine with mix as long as thier are weaknesses which it looks like most have being unsafe, high starter and in some cases flawless blockable as well.

In my opinion mix-up is only broke when it's easy to apply it. Maybe Sub Zero needs to have less advantage on knockdown but honestly you have plenty of options to keep the agressor guessing on wakeup.
Mmm How many times could you fuzzy block or flawless block even with lighting reflexes..I like numbers.What you think 3 out 3 2out3 1 out 3 you eat 2 combos at 40 percent your not going to get that many chances to fuzzy or flawless block.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Buff up generally.

The only time I support nerfing characters, especially early in a game's lifecycle are if a character has an infinite or if a character does actually overpower much of the roster to the point where it's basically a loss at the select screen.
cough sonya cough

xSkeletonSmasherx69

NOBODY CAN TRULY DEFEAT ME
I will be pretty much ok with whatever sonic fox wants to do. If he wants nerfs then lets nerf. If he wants buffs? Well then that's what we get. Please make the post Sonic fox