What's new

What's your playing style?

Tim Static

Adminerator
DC HUSTLE 106 said:
i use jax i have no strategy i do what shall be done at the right time.
Word.

One shouldnt counter pick, but especially in ranked, I'll do anything to that win. If somebody picks U.Sub, and I have a good Smoke, why not counter pick?
And if your either good or stupid enough to Random, thats on you.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
when I was talking about counter picking, I said "whatever char that fits better for punishing", meaning I don't play by the top tier book. since I only play arcade, with 20 people at most, I know them personally and in a way I know how they play. it's different for you guys that play with strangers and people from the other side (internet lol)
depending on my opponent, a good counter pick for ermac, can be rsmoke, kitana or even cyrax. you people talk like all players handle the chars properly. that's not common at all. few people play REALLY good with specifical chars... so if I know my cyrax will beat his hsmoke, and HE knows it, he'll go "damn, not cyrax again!" THAT'S counterpicking. not saying "by the top tier book, I should pick kabal and no one more than kabal to beat his hsmoke. maybe kung lao, nightwolf, idk"

if I always counter pick like that (taking advantage of my opp's weakness and punishing with MY best char for that situation), does that mean I'm not as good as I could be?

I still think there's no need of such things as honor in videogames, specially in fighters. again, it's a matter of whar you play for.
to win?
to have fun with people?
to win in a flashy way?

its up to you.

Sektor

Noob
Tim, what's your GT? I'm wanting to get a game with someone on here to test my skill, because the people here seem to be hardcore.

MKK hanzo

I still think there's no need of such things as honor in videogames, specially in fighters. again, it's a matter of whar you play for.
to win?
to have fun with people?
to win in a flashy way?

its up to you.
Ta bien david sirlin... como te dicen a ti? El guebito? jajajajjaja :twisted:

I use Human Smoke, and like to use Kara´s, Run/jabs, Wait for my opp´s Mistakes, try to make my opp go to a wrong way using Fake moves:D

NinjaGrinder said:
to win?
to have fun with people?
to win in a flashy way?
I guess I'm just retarded then. For some reason I'd rather lose 20 matches in a row that were real close, intense, down-to-the-wire matches than just kick some loser's ass 20 times in a row without breaking a sweat.

Those stupid win/loss records are pointless. The only time winning really matters is when you're playing with more than one person, so you need to win to continue to play, or when you're paying money at an arcade, then you need to win to save money.

But like I said, I'm retarded, so what do I know about anything.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Sektor said:
Tim, what's your GT? I'm wanting to get a game with someone on here to test my skill, because the people here seem to be hardcore.
Tim Static....to be honest, I'm nowhere near as good as the Shock's, Konqrr's, Frankie's, DC's, Sugar's and the Dubson's of the world.

I basically go for basic combos then I always go for fatalities at the end. But since I haven't played UMK3 in a while I can't remember some fatalities. :(

Sektor

Noob
Tim Static said:
Tim Static....to be honest, I'm nowhere near as good as the Shock's, Konqrr's, Frankie's, Sugar's and the Dubson's of the world.
I've sent you a friend request. I have a mic (I'm a squeaker though, so I'm not going to be that fun to listen to :p (I'm 12 years old, and a boy which will explain a LOT. :p )

Rush is the key to my Victory. Constantly being on top of the opponent, while also being defensive. "Run Jabs", and "kara Jabs" are what I use most, and with most effectivness as well.

abc ur dead0 said:
Not to mention rushing down lowers the enemies morale and right off the bat puts you on the advantage.
Yessir, half of a fighting game is maintaining control and pacing the fight to your advantage. Rushdown helps get that process goin right quick.