What's new

What's your playing style?

Sektor

Noob
What I mean by this is: What characters you use and what is your general strategy?

I go as Sektor, and here's what I try to do.

First, I'll teleport uppercut (I'll skip doing this if the other player blocks and go on to the next step. If the other player can teleport too, I let them do a teleport, block it, do my combo or whatever, and then block their counterattck.)

Second, I kick the opponent while he's in the air and as he lands I'll throw him.

Third, After that I jump and do my favourite combo (JHP, (Jumping High punch) HP,HP,HK,HK,RHK (Roundhouse kick)

That means the other player will probably be nearly dead. I'll then sweep or repeat.

However, obviously, I won't get the whole pattern right. So what I like to do is launch missle and seeker missles. So I'll launch two missles and a seeker. So as the otherplaywer will be mostly likely block, I'll throw him, or if he starts jumping away, I'll do my teleport-kick-combo strategy (The one up top)

So anyway, let's hear your stratgies.

GT: Crimison Elite (YES, I know I spelt "crimson" wrong.)

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
I always try to counterpick lol
not the "traditional" ones all the times. just whatever char that fits better for punishing my opp in particular. (if I know his game)
I don't like to turtle, but sometimes is needed...

ded

Elder God
NinjaGrinder said:
not the "traditional" ones all the times. just whatever char that fits better for punishing my opp in particular. (if I know his game)
thats why you suck man 8)

j/k

NinjaGrinder said:
Man, I hate it when I random select and the opponent picks the best counter character. It's just bad form. Most people have the decency to random when their opponent does (then when you both get Sheeva 5 times in a row, Randper combat). But every so often there's the one guy that likes to pick Kabal when you get stuck with Cyrax.

lol I'm not goin in depth with my in game strategy! Its a secret :evil:

I like to counter pick too; I generally pick players that I can do big juggles with against their's, the tier ranking means nothing to me. I think it's subjective anyways.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
TheGreg said:
Man, I hate it when I random select and the opponent picks the best counter character. It's just bad form. Most people have the decency to random when their opponent does (then when you both get Sheeva 5 times in a row, Randper combat). But every so often there's the one guy that likes to pick Kabal when you get stuck with Cyrax.
lol are you serious?
there's no such thing in videogames as "decency" "good/bad form"
it's a game you know? you can do everything you want, at least if its in the game. You're not forced to go random select if your opponent does...that's your choice. also you can't and I mean CAN'T expect someone to play by your standards.
c'mon.

unless you find delight and fun in getting ass-whooped everytime :lol:

Rizzo

Noob
It depends on the character I use, but for the most part I usually turtle even with characters like Kabal if needed.

NinjaGrinder said:
TheGreg said:
lol are you serious?
there's no such thing in videogames as "decency" "good/bad form"
it's a game you know? you can do everything you want, at least if its in the game. You're not forced to go random select if your opponent does...that's your choice. also you can't and I mean CAN'T expect someone to play by your standards.
c'mon.

unless you find delight and fun in getting ass-whooped everytime :lol:
Ninja Grinder said 100% of what I was going to say 8)

I attack, I counter, I counter your counter, and occasionally throw in a surprise to throw you off guard.

Then again, that could be said for everybody on here.

Depends who im using but I like to think I have a unique way of playing.

My Kitana is all about pressure, and keeping you down using those female run jabs and HK.

My Reptile is all about how it's different from every one else's. Stay invisible alot, Spam forceballs, ect.

My Sub is all about getting you frozen. Getting you in the corner for either an easy aahp,freeze,aahphp, JK, HK 50% or aahp,freeze, SUJK, RH, LK for 48% which is good damage for unsub.

My Kabal consists or rush downs and psychic spinning.

HSmoke and Ermac is alot of running away with the TP, and trying to catch a Knee lift, while using HSmokes Faster run speed to runjab.