What's new

What's up with the Raven love???

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
So you state that and than quote someone who posts a random picture of random Raven and agree that this thread is over because Raven is 42?
...What? What about Raven being 42? "Thread over" because Raven is hot, that's enough of a reason to include basically any woman in any fighter since 1994.

Judging by that you're one of the people who watched the first two seasons of the childish Teen Titans show, maybe even less, if you don't even know who Nightwing is and even there I still wonder how you can't get the connection between Deathstroke and Slade (outfit obviously, doh?) ...
Never watched Teen Titans. Don't see your point. Who the fuck is Slade and what does it have to do with any of this? This is the first time I've even seen the name in this thread.

... so you saw Raven with her weird emo "I hate everything, because life is so hard" attitude and you went like: "OH MY GOSH, I CAN TOTALLY IDENTIFY MYSELF WITH RAVEN! HER CONNECTION TO HER PURPLE DEMON FATHER, WHO WANTS TO USE HER BODY AS A PORTAL; HER TRY-HARD-LEAVE-ME-ALONE-LIFESTYLE! I CAN TOTALLY RELATE TO THAT!"
Well, if you actually knew anything about my opinions and motivations on this issue before deciding you had a stranglehold on the inner-workings of my psyche like a socially retarded eight year old who through a series of hilarious twists and turns found himself in a Psychology 101 class taught by the world's most unenlightened instructor, you might have a different insight as to why I support Raven. Like, maybe there are only three female characters on the roster and I'd favor pretty much any addition to the game without a Y chromosome to help neutralize this total sausage fest.

But fuck me right? I can't hide from you, Detective. You caught me... I once wore eyeliner (and this fucking hat) while I sang in a metalcore band in high school called Vague Valor:

That was my headshot for the liner notes of that demo we totally didn't move. But who was moshing in those backyards? A lot of girls that looked like Raven. Despite how prancingly homosexual I looked the entire time.

Raven is terrible.
That's my opinion. And I really wonder how anyone can like her, but then agaaaaaaaaaain ... my favorite character is the Sentry and many seem to hate him, so everything is fine :)
That's cool. I don't even know who your character is.

Sarez

Noob
And what the hell is wrong with the Teen Titans show? Huh?
If there are two things the show got over the original comics was the portrayal of Terra and Starfire. Starfire was actually likable and not some slut. Terra was a much more interesting character on the show and wasn't just some psycho but in the comics she was blamed for being statutory raped by Deathstroke and get this Beast Boy forgave Slade after he admitted to sleeping with her. Speaking of Deathstroke, well he was already a horrible character but they actually managed to turn him into a poor man's Dr. Doom. He was a Gary Stu in the comics but they turned him to a villan sue. Also, Robin was depowered.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
If there are two things the show got over the original comics was the portrayal of Terra and Starfire. Starfire was actually likable and not some slut. Terra was a much more interesting character on the show and wasn't just some psycho but in the comics she was blamed for being statutory raped by Deathstroke and get this Beast Boy forgave Slade after he admitted to sleeping with her. Speaking of Deathstroke, well he was already a horrible character but they actually managed to turn him into a poor man's Dr. Doom. He was a Gary Stu in the comics but they turned him to a villan sue. Also, Robin was depowered.
I loved the show and I hated Starfire.

She's a hot emo chick with awesome powers, she'd be an amazing zoner with great mobility, and her alt costumes would be amazing (probably just different colors, lol, but i'd like to see evil raven). Plus she has one of the greatest personal storylines ever with her inability to actually cement her love with beast boy (if i remember correctly their wedding was interrupted twice before they just said fuck it).

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
She's a hot emo chick with awesome powers, she'd be an amazing zoner with great mobility, and her alt costumes would be amazing (probably just different colors, lol, but i'd like to see evil raven). Plus she has one of the greatest personal storylines ever with her inability to actually cement her love with beast boy (if i remember correctly their wedding was interrupted twice before they just said fuck it).
I couldn't give two shits about the Raven/BB thing but the rest I agree with lol.

I couldn't give two shits about the Raven/BB thing but the rest I agree with lol.
I just mean that their relationship has a lot more depth than a lot of the dc universe. it's what makes her human, even though she'll never be human. Beast Boy actually affects Raven's character more than Trigon.

Please enlighten me as to your choices. Likely there are some good ones in there, but I really want to know so I can compare bullet points on market viability for that character. Raven is smart money , likeable, and usable for unique playstyle. Its a hard choice to top as a good safe add.
Swamp Thing (possibly the most underrated comic character of all time)
Lobo
Animal Man
A Guardian or Manhunter (would never happen)
Ragman
Jonah Hex
The Spectre
Sandman
Abagail Arcane or Anton Arcane (yeah, I love Swamp Thing)
Black Orchid

But to each his own. I won't be upset with Raven in the game, I just don't care about her.