What's new

What's up with the Raven love???

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I don't think much of the general public knows who Doomsday is, but I doubt there's a single comic book fan out there who doesn't.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I had no idea who Doomsday was until I heard about Injustice and looked him up after seeing he was rumored.

I also had no idea who Deathstroke, Green Arrow, Cyborg, SHAZAM!, Nightwing or Solomon Grundy were.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
To be honest, I still can't tell you what series Deathstroke and Cyborg are from, or even if they're from the same one or not. I can't say definitively where Green Arrow comes from either... I assume it's the Green Arrow series? Really can't be bothered. Nightwing... I'm not sure why it's weird to have missed out on that one. I don't read comic books, nor do I personally know anyone who does.

My superhero/villain knowledge bank consists of nothing more than Batman/Superman: The Animated Series and the so-terrible-they're-amazing '90s Batman movies from my childhood. And the Nolan franchise obviously, because I like bright colors and loud noises.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
To be honest, I still can't tell you what series Deathstroke and Cyborg are from, or even if they're from the same one or not. I can't say definitively where Green Arrow comes from either... I assume it's the Green Arrow series? Really can't be bothered. Nightwing... I'm not sure why it's weird to have missed out on that one. I don't read comic books, nor do I personally know anyone who does.

My superhero/villain knowledge bank consists of nothing more than Batman/Superman: The Animated Series and the so-terrible-they're-amazing '90s Batman movies from my childhood. And the Nolan franchise obviously, because I like bright colors and loud noises.
I just thought Nightwing was a bit odd because a lot of people in the general public seem to know who he is now. Not sure why, maybe because of Arkham City.

Cyborg is primarily from Teen Titans. Deathstroke has antagonized many DC heroes, but gave the biggest kick to the balls to Nightwing, aka. Dick Grayson.
After becoming Nightwing, Dick set up his primary base of operations in Bludhaven. This was after his run with the Titans and his first encounters with Deathstroke. Sometime much later down the line, Deathstroke pretty much ordered the destruction of the entire city. Hurting Grayson was just a bonus.

EDIT: And if you know of the Batman Animated Series, then you should know Nightwing, he made several appearances in the last season or so of the show. And yes, Green Arrow has his own comic. As do Nightwing and Deathstroke.

Reactions: RYX

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I think we all know what the really important question is...will it stay canon in the game?

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Cyborg is primarily from Teen Titans. Deathstroke has antagonized many DC heroes, but gave the biggest kick to the balls to Nightwing, aka. Dick Grayson.
After becoming Nightwing, Dick set up his primary base of operations in Bludhaven. This was after his run with the Titans and his first encounters with Deathstroke. Sometime much later down the line, Deathstroke pretty much ordered the destruction of the entire city. Hurting Grayson was just a bonus.

EDIT: And if you know of the Batman Animated Series, then you should know Nightwing, he made several appearances in the last season or so of the show. And yes, Green Arrow has his own comic. As do Nightwing and Deathstroke.
TMI. Should have mentioned that I am A-okay with ignorance on this one.

Didn't watch every episode, either. The shows were almost over by the time I was really old enough to care and I was only able to catch them sporadically.

I had no idea who Doomsday was until I heard about Injustice and looked him up after seeing he was rumored.
I also had no idea who Deathstroke, Green Arrow, Cyborg, SHAZAM!, Nightwing or Solomon Grundy were.
So you state that and than quote someone who posts a random picture of random Raven and agree that this thread is over because Raven is 42?

Judging by that you're one of the people who watched the first two seasons of the childish Teen Titans show, maybe even less, if you don't even know who Nightwing is and even there I still wonder how you can't get the connection between Deathstroke and Slade (outfit obviously, doh?) ...

... so you saw Raven with her weird emo "I hate everything, because life is so hard" attitude and you went like: "OH MY GOSH, I CAN TOTALLY IDENTIFY MYSELF WITH RAVEN! HER CONNECTION TO HER PURPLE DEMON FATHER, WHO WANTS TO USE HER BODY AS A PORTAL; HER TRY-HARD-LEAVE-ME-ALONE-LIFESTYLE! I CAN TOTALLY RELATE TO THAT!"

Raven is terrible.
That's my opinion. And I really wonder how anyone can like her, but then agaaaaaaaaaain ... my favorite character is the Sentry and many seem to hate him, so everything is fine :)

What's the point in making a thread to throw hate on a character?
What's the point of putting a character like Raven into the game, while you you insert lesser known characters (as promissed) and basically make them so that they play as Raven would play?
That would be a valid concern, if you ask me.

I made the thread to read about opinions on Raven.
Not saying that I don't like her, I just don't care, while others do so much that they talk about Raven totally out of the context, just so that the word Raven would appear in that thread.
I wonder why.

So you state that and than quote someone who posts a random picture of random Raven and agree that this thread is over because Raven is 42?

Judging by that you're one of the people who watched the first two seasons of the childish Teen Titans show, maybe even less, if you don't even know who Nightwing is and even there I still wonder how you can't get the connection between Deathstroke and Slade (outfit obviously, doh?) ...

... so you saw Raven with her weird emo "I hate everything, because life is so hard" attitude and you went like: "OH MY GOSH, I CAN TOTALLY IDENTIFY MYSELF WITH RAVEN! HER CONNECTION TO HER PURPLE DEMON FATHER, WHO WANTS TO USE HER BODY AS A PORTAL; HER TRY-HARD-LEAVE-ME-ALONE-LIFESTYLE! I CAN TOTALLY RELATE TO THAT!"

Raven is terrible.
That's my opinion. And I really wonder how anyone can like her, but then agaaaaaaaaaain ... my favorite character is the Sentry and many seem to hate him, so everything is fine :)
What's the point of putting a character like Raven into the game, while you you insert lesser known characters (as promissed) and basically make them so that they play as Raven would play?
That would be a valid concern, if you ask me.

I made the thread to read about opinions on Raven.
Not saying that I don't like her, I just don't care, while others do so much that they talk about Raven totally out of the context, just so that the word Raven would appear in that thread.
I wonder why.
Ummm...what?

And what the hell is wrong with the Teen Titans show? Huh?

Ummm...what?
And what the hell is wrong with the Teen Titans show? Huh?
Raven is a terrible character, but that doesn't mean that I hate her as one, since I don't care about here. She is not appealing to me. I do hate the Joker for example.

It's childish and the fights are bad. If you want a good show, watch 'Spectacular Spider-Man'. Best animated fights so far and the story is okayish as well.
The Teen Titans show brought in too many FANBOY's and many of them seem to be here as well. If they were comic book fanboys, I could kinda understand it, but the animated show Raven? COME OOOOOOOOOOOON. If you have a character who is emo during the first second, but then goes goofy during the second, it becomes kinda annoying. I personally don't like it.

Well, I guess to each their own. For example, I personally am not a big fan of Spider-Man. And I really don't see how Raven is a terrible character.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I really think you're putting words in people's mouths. The excitement you have in calling people out on their fanboyism supersedes the excitement that the entirety of this website has shown for Raven. So people express their opinion that they would like Raven in the game. Edit: That was in poor taste, deleted.Squeaker101 said Dark Khan....want to make thread about that and call him out on his rabid Dark Khan fanboyism?