What's new

What's up with the Raven love???

Like seriously ...

We have around 10 guys (maybe also girls) here, who are bat crap crazy for Raven. It's not even funny aymore.
In every second of their posts I see: "Raven this, Raven that, Raven, Raven, Raven, Raven".
What is the appeal of the character? Why do you want her in the game? Why do you as guys want Raven in the game?
Why do you care about the character?

To me she is like the most random character in DC.
She is one of the few characters I don't give one single **** about.
If she makes it in and the stories forces me to, I will play her part of the story, but after that NEVER touch her again, because to me she is a meaningless character without any purpose.

So explain to me why you're all into her and why she should be in Injustice.
Thanks in advance!

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
She's an interesting character and, when you think of her situation, it's incredibly sad as she can never truly be "one of the guys" or let loose as her powers won't let her.

I hope she playable because she the only person that hinted at who not part of the two archtype either super strong power user or gadget user.
but looking at the current player list I say her chance is very low since it seems the person have to be either power or gadget to be part of the roster.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
im guessing the raven fans come from the teen titans cartoon but i dont mind raven in the game she could be made into a good character, i dont get why people do the same with Zatanna though, it wouldnt make any sense for her to be in this game

Okay, just forgetting about the fact that I thoroughly enjoyed the cartoon, Raven is an interesting character and I will point out my reasoning for this. Her character is all about CONTROL. Being half-demon, she knows that if she allows her emotions to get the better of her, she could easily become as bad or worse than the villains she fights against. She also has to deal with the constant threat that her demonic father could use her as a gateway to take over the world she's come to call home. If anyone in the DC Universe should understand the dangers of removing all restrictions from one's powers, it would be Raven. I personally don't get the hate that this thread is implying towards either her or the Teen Titans show.

EDIT: I wouldn't mind Zatanna, but I just can't see her working well in a fighting game.

trufenix

bye felicia
Raven has equitable fighting game powers. Zatanna has "boom" magic. That's her shtick. She talks. Hooray for fighters that talk.

SLy

Noob
Its the Nostalgia from the teen titans show that's creating fans to talk constantly about raven.. Lets admit it. Raven was pretty badass on the show. That's what a lot of people know her for. I didn't know who she was until that show dropped on air.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
She could fit in even if its a small part. She is known to be close friends with Batman and considering who he is going up against Superman, WW, Shazam, Flash etc... I would imagine he would call in all the help he can get including Zatanna...Just my opinion.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Raven is awesome. She's an interesting character, I like her powers, and like Shadowknight said, she has to deal with being half demon. If she becomes evil, It would be a nightmare for Superman and Batman, and that's a permanent threat. Plus, her father, one of the most powerful beings in the DC Universe might be able to reach the Earth through her.

If anyone lives in permanent danger, it's Raven. I love her for the comics, she's a great character.
And she is different to Zatanna. Both characters could be in the game, and have totally different power sets and gameplay mechanics.

What else can I say. She's one of my favorite characters in the DC Universe, has powers and characteristics to make her a great playable character, and has an interesting story.

I don't care one way or another about Raven but this game does look like a sausage fest right now. I occasionally play NR games w/ a female friend or two who aren't feeling the love here and, as a lover of gratuitous T&A, I have to agree w/ them and have noticed it myself. Even w/ Hawkgirl there really should be someone else. It's not like there are not 'A' list choices among the ladies: Raven, Zatanna, Black Canary, Power Girl, Supergirl, and Batgirl have been the most common thrown around.