What's new

Question - Shinnok What's The Communities Opinion On Shinnok?

Give me your opinions

• Total voters
b3 overhead normal that juggles (cant cancel into specials thou)
f4 changed from b3
hell sparks can be mb on block for i think +25 blk advantage
hell sparks seem to launch higher
fiend smash can be controlled somewhat

thats off the top of my head

Belial

Noob
I think vortexes that lead to high risk high reward mixups are the comeback mechanic of MKX , without it the game would be much worse

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Did they change Necromancer's flick at all? Patch notes didn't mention it and I haven't been able to test it but it looks faster. At least a little.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
So it's been a few weeks and the buffs have settled in a little bit. How do we feel about shinnok now? I'd like to hear the opinions of some gbs people since they have been fighting him a lot because of @GGA Max.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
So it's been a few weeks and the buffs have settled in a little bit. How do we feel about shinnok now? I'd like to hear the opinions of some gbs people since they have been fighting him a lot because of @GGA Max.
Indeed some time has past. I would love to hear input from tournament players as well though few have played him in tournament. @xSMoKEx placed top 16 at Toryuken I believe with Bone Shaper, impressive given the short amount of time he had to work with him.

I still think he is just a regular mid tier character with potential to be a solid counter pick. It's kinda hard just to main only him, so picking up a secondary helped. I basically took a Street Fighter 4 method approach to this game in terms of matchups. Get one character down, then another for matchups Shinnok may struggle in.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
probably not a character that can place top 8 at a major
Nah, I think he could. I don't think he could ever win a tournament but the tools are there to at least get a GOOD Shinnok player to top 8. He's still like M. Bison from SSF4 onwards to me. A solid, midtier who can place top 8 but likely is never to win a tournament as his tools are nothing compared to the high/top tiers.

GGA Max