What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang What's Liu Kang missing to be top tier?

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Liu Kang in DF is pretty fucked up and I'd have him top tier. As a SZ player I have to come to him through countless fireballs only to get caught in a pseudo block infinite when I do get in because SZ can only escape it with armor.
SZ can backdash where others characters cannot in some of his block strings. Also if you really have a tough time in this MU then play Unbreakable, one of the few times it actually does it's job.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
SZ can backdash where others characters cannot in some of his block strings. Also if you really have a tough time in this MU then play Unbreakable, one of the few times it actually does it's job.
Whoa whoa whoa. Let's not go too far. Tom might self implode. But honestly that variation gets bodied by kang.

Grandmaster is the way to go but I can see it being difficult.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Whoa whoa whoa. Let's not go too far. Tom might self implode. But honestly that variation gets bodied by kang.

Grandmaster is the way to go but I can see it being difficult.
No, he doesn't. He beats flame fist and does better against Dragon's Fist than GM. He might be useless against 90% of the cast, but he can deal with Liu Kang to an extent. Doesn't matter though, Sub zero players don't believe in the variation system.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
How? He gets zoned out all day. I'm open to hear it though.
Every other SZ variation gets zoned out as well, Unbreakable doesn't have to take chip though and his Aura makes FBRCs much easier to deal with.

It all sounds like a bunch of crap, but in reality all the stuff Liu Kang does(zoning, doing pressure, extending pressure, armor breaking, and easily getting in to do pressure) much easier to deal with. Aura deals with pressure and zoning, parry and Backdash are much better tools compared to what 90% have to deal with B1 and various pressure gaps. It's not like Liu has any real mixups so there's no real fear being next to him.

I mean what is Grandmaster going to do to Liu Kang midscreen? Have his clone destroyed by a barrage of fireballs as Liu gets to Flying Kick MB his way in and start doing chip. The only way I see Grandmaster excelling over Unbreakable is in the corner. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I've played with someone who's mained Grandmaster since day 1 and he learned Unbreakable exclusively for Dragon's Fire and doesn't regret a thing.

If any SZ player would go into depth on why GM would be good against a zoning, chip, and armoring breaking character like Dragon's Fire then be my guest.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Every other SZ variation gets zoned out as well, Unbreakable doesn't have to take chip though and his Aura makes FBRCs much easier to deal with.

It all sounds like a bunch of crap, but in reality all the stuff Liu Kang does(zoning, doing pressure, extending pressure, armor breaking, and easily getting in to do pressure) much easier to deal with. Aura deals with pressure and zoning, parry and Backdash are much better tools compared to what 90% have to deal with B1 and various pressure gaps.

I mean what is Grandmaster going to do to Liu Kang midscreen? Have his clone destroyed by a barrage of fireballs as Liu gets to Flying Kick MB his way in and start doing chip. The only way I see Grandmaster excelling over Unbreakable is in the corner. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I've played with someone who's mained Grandmaster since day 1 and he learned Unbreakable exclusively for Dragon's Fire and doesn't regret a thing.

If any SZ player would go into depth on why GM would be good against a zoning, chip, and armoring breaking character like Dragon's Fire then be my guest.
I'm certainly the wrong person to ask

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Someone please help the uneducated lui Kang players!!!!!! In my opinion I don't think Zyphox is the right person to represent Lui Kang. That is my opinion. I definitely do not look to him and think that this character fit on this tier list etc like a lot of people in the lui Kang forum do. I'm telling you. Laugh it up. Online player are to ahead of the ball game. We know Lui Kang Dragon fire is Top 5 or Top 10. Their is not a person to go out and represent him in that type of way yet.

It all sounds like a bunch of crap, but in reality all the stuff Liu Kang does(zoning, doing pressure, extending pressure, armor breaking, and easily getting in to do pressure) much easier to deal with. Aura deals with pressure and zoning, parry and Backdash are much better tools compared to what 90% have to deal with B1 and various pressure gaps. It's not like Liu has any real mixups so there's no real fear being next to him.

I go even with DF Kang at the highest level in GM even though its a good adv in Liu Kang's favor. Unbreakable is too limited and the ability to negate chip doesn't change this. Liu Kang has much better offense on Unbreakable as he is not required to zone him out. Unbreakable has no clone and no armor launcher for Liu Kang to be afraid of.

Someone please help the uneducated lui Kang players!!!!!! In my opinion I don't think Zyphox is the right person to represent Lui Kang. That is my opinion. I definitely do not look to him and think that this character fit on this tier list etc like a lot of people in the lui Kang forum do. I'm telling you. Laugh it up. Online player are to ahead of the ball game. We know Lui Kang Dragon fire is Top 5 or Top 10. Their is not a person to go out and represent him in that type of way yet.
U got beat by goro :DOGE

Wtf did I just read.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
liu kang has stupid shit but in a game with alot of stupid shit his stupid shit is not as nearly as stupid as other characters stupid shit but everyone wants to cry about liu kang's stupid shit but not their own character's stupid shit

AssassiN

Noob
I go even with DF Kang at the highest level in GM even though its a good adv in Liu Kang's favor. Unbreakable is too limited and the ability to negate chip doesn't change this. Liu Kang has much better offense on Unbreakable as he is not required to zone him out. Unbreakable has no clone and no armor launcher for Liu Kang to be afraid of.
Have players finally realized that Liu beats Sub?
Was so strange to see posts like "Sub outzones Liu".