What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang What's Liu Kang missing to be top tier?

AssassiN

Noob
113 does not jail.

JC's run cancel game is no where near as flowchart and brain dead as Liu Kang's. EX forceball doesn't allow him to recharge his stamina either, so after he's depleted his stamina and used the bar, he still can't loop his pressure. But this is the Liu Kang forum, and anyone trying to say that A-List is better than DF should be put on to your ignore list.
Recently started playing A-list Johnny to understand his pressure better.
Realized I respected your pressure way too much, fun to play though.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I know this is a bit off topic but if I buy a PS3 hitbox and use it for this game will I get any input lag? I'm gonna get a hit box to help with iafb and FBC off f44 but would regret it even if there was the smallest amount of lag. @karaokelove tagging you because If I remember correctly you were talking to me about using a hitbox once and something about having to sync it up everyonce in a while.
Yeah, you just have to press r2+option at least once every 8 minutes. I just do it between matches. And I've never noticed any input lag.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I go even with DF Kang at the highest level in GM even though its a good adv in Liu Kang's favor. Unbreakable is too limited and the ability to negate chip doesn't change this. Liu Kang has much better offense on Unbreakable as he is not required to zone him out. Unbreakable has no clone and no armor launcher for Liu Kang to be afraid of.
This is not diablo, what are you doing here? You quit. Shoo.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
113 does not jail.

JC's run cancel game is no where near as flowchart and brain dead as Liu Kang's. EX forceball doesn't allow him to recharge his stamina either, so after he's depleted his stamina and used the bar, he still can't loop his pressure. But this is the Liu Kang forum, and anyone trying to say that A-List is better than DF should be put on to your ignore list.
Stop downplaying, and crying about liu.. I play both. They both imo are good solid honest characters. All i ever seen you do is cry about him lmao. A List 11 and 12 staggering let you preserve your cancels and buy time in most mu's now that they both hit mid on 2nd hit. he has one of the best D4's in the game. He has more air control then liu, gets a free restand. I don't think anyone of them is better they are really close imo where one faults the other is a bit better. JC gets a lot of adv on his F3 Skrc as well as can confirm a lot easier off of virtually anything dash canceled (not even run) not to mention he gets 2x cancels in 1 combo. Liu can dash cancel confirm off like 2 which hit high and most likely u wont do.

Just stop being a prick, and whining about Liu bein some god tier among JC. They are both solid. Anyway's i'm done .. This forum has been Pure aids

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
@RM AtK! you won't be missed.

Yeah because f213 fcdc against meterless opponents is honest :rolleyes:
Honestly i could careless if that was gone or not. Most of the played characters all have options for it. Also i'm pretty sure back throw reversal gets u out free. some ppl have meterless reversals as well EX : Mileena > Roll

You've been bitchin about him long before this Hyped-up, video that's anything but thorough from someone that makes 30 min Clone videos weekly. Iono i honestly don't care anymore, but i just hope the ppl that still play this game srsly and play Liu kang, don't suffer the Ultimate of nerfs totally making him shit. Like i said, the dash cancels sure w/e idc u can even nerf some of the adv on f213 run cancel (would make grab setups less obviously in the long run anyway from that string). He's been nerfed A LOT, but i just would hate to see a bigger nerf then needed be done. When he still has hitbox problems as well as many other ppl who need those fixed

Honestly i could careless if that was gone or not. Most of the played characters all have options for it. Also i'm pretty sure back throw reversal gets u out free. some ppl have meterless reversals as well EX : Mileena > Roll

You've been bitchin about him long before this Hyped-up, video that's anything but thorough from someone that makes 30 min Clone videos weekly. Iono i honestly don't care anymore, but i just hope the ppl that still play this game srsly and play Liu kang, don't suffer the Ultimate of nerfs totally making him shit. Like i said, the dash cancels sure w/e idc u can even nerf some of the adv on f213 run cancel (would make grab setups less obviously in the long run anyway from that string). He's been nerfed A LOT, but i just would hate to see a bigger nerf then needed be done. When he still has hitbox problems as well as many other ppl who need those fixed
few characters can back dash and thats it. no one can escape f213 fb dc etc (without meter) , even sonic fox and foxy say hes broken along with 90% of us liu kang mains. but once f213 fb dc and maybe f44 being true block string . i think that would be fine :)

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
few characters can back dash and thats it. no one can escape f213 fb dc etc (without meter) , even sonic fox and foxy say hes broken along with 90% of us liu kang mains. but once f213 fb dc and maybe f44 being true block string . i think that would be fine :)
I remember trying it a long time ago and mileena could roll for free, but been a long time. Try it and Lmk also idc what SF or Foxy say. I already said idc if that's gone lmao. Also i remembered backthrow working, but maybe it doesn't check lmk

I remember trying it a long time ago and mileena could roll for free, but been a long time. Try it and Lmk also idc what SF or Foxy say. I already said idc if that's gone lmao. Also i remembered backthrow working, but maybe it doesn't check lmk
beats cassies flip kick at 6 frames and i dno why throw would work..? secret 5frame throws in this game? :S . but i agree that i hope they dont go ham and ruin this character. just the f213fb dc and f44 fb rc and were good to go! :). wats lmk?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Back throws are 9f, and Milenna's normal roll works.

I've been bitching because I understood how stupid this character and have actually labbed him throughly, whilst the rest of the Liu Kang community still believed that b12 rc was minus...

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
beats cassies flip kick at 6 frames and i dno why throw would work..? secret 5frame throws in this game? :S . but i agree that i hope they dont go ham and ruin this character. just the f213fb dc and f44 fb rc and were good to go! :). wats lmk?
LMK = let me know

Back throws are 9f, and Milenna's normal roll works.

I've been bitching because I understood how stupid this character and have actually labbed him throughly, whilst the rest of the Liu Kang community still believed that b12 rc was minus...
im guilty for this too about b12 but i cud say too that everyone only knew b34 and f213 was his only true block strings untill i found all his 9 his true block string and made thread on it before taking it down. (liu has 13 true block setups / strings so far) and even 85% of all the frame data for the new fb rcs thread is wrong lol.