What's new

Question - Spectral What's going on with Spectral Ermac?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Its still too early to speculate about anything and yet, you guys keep on doing that. Spectral Ermac is still on the dark side to even try analyzing the variation. They didnt show much about it so, its too soon to say anything on the matter. Be patient people. I think that variation will be interesting.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
You know he can teleport during his flight and he has the air charge right? He most likely won't be as free to these things as you think. And unless they've sudden;y gave Raiden a Diagonal Superman I don't see how that will be relevant seeing how Ermac's strikes while in flight are pretty quick so you can harry & harrass a bit, thus making a Superman charge a read.

One thing I see people keep bringing up are Projectiles like Kano's diagonal Eye Lazer but y'all keep forgetting Ermac can so far from what we've seen teleport during flight & he gets a conversion off of his teleport now, the risk/reward for Kano doing Eye Lazer to AA Ermac is pretty low. Hell from what we've seen more projectiles that could contest the flight have Risk/Reward skewed in Ermac favor. Yeah Kitana & Kung Lao have Air Horizontal & Arced projectiles respectively that they can get combos out of but they're on the slow side while Ermac's teleport is relativley quick for now. Theirs a ton of variables people that wanna write this variation off before we've even seen the full moveset aren't thinking of.
Yes, I know he can also do an air blast but saying he still can't block. Which Paulo also confirmed. Not saying he'll be free to everything but saying once he goes in the air you'll have to have fast fingers to avoid instant superman from Raiden, move on that speed calibur you know Raiden can instant air superman right? His combos also look weird in the air, can't describe it. I'm still going to say though it'll be the least used style for Ermac. I'm not saying it'll be the "worst" variation in the game but let's face it everyone will have a least used variation I just predict his Spectral will be the least used for most Ermac players. But maybe someone who has a solid air game will enjoy it. The diagonal moves will probably be variations people use to counter Spectral like KL's hat, Kano's eye laser etc.

So that I'm specific, I won't write it off completely but I will still bet that it'll be the least used variation with Ermac. At any rate, it's merely all speculation on everyone's part. This is just my personal opinion as an Ermac main. We obviously have to play it and learn more. That goes for everyone.

I thought this was a kl thread ol is going to have instant airs
Oh lol, wrong topic eh? haha I've done that before...

I'm curious to see how KL's newer teleport going down in the ground and up from the ground will change his game compared to MK9's up in the air to coming from ground tp. KL's hat trick looks like a tough style imo. Ermac will already have instant airs in his other variations and those styles will fit mine anyway so I'll probably pass on Spectral.

Last edited:

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I think it's gonna be extremely situational. Most of the time, with so many projectiles and teleports, Spectral Ermac will be vulnerable as fuck.

That's my prediction.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
What's the point of fly cancels for frame advantage when you (as a designer) can just as well incorporate this into strings/normals themselves (unless player cancels them into something else of whiffs) and then proceed to make sure there's a reason to stay in the air?

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
You guys should all play against a very hard AI of Ermac Spectral version in training. It's actually pretty fuckin nasty not gonna lie