What's new

Question - Spectral What's going on with Spectral Ermac?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
one of the questions i asked was did they justnot show us enough? you guys should actually read the post before saying "shut up you dont know shit" i flat out said i dont know and im asking
I´m pretty sure is the "completely useless" comments that set people off.

Really though, it´s all in the way you talk to people. Not you specifically. People make threads saying "This move/character/variation looks like total garbage and I think NRS should pull their heads out of their ass because I can´t see this being good at all", and then they are surprised when they see that they have provoked hostility in people´s responses. Well, stop projecting so much negativity, and that won´t happen. Instead, why not keep things grounded with something like "Hey so-and-so community, I´m not clear on the utility of this (whatever). What do you think it could be used for?"

Last edited:

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I´m pretty sure is the "completely useless" comments that set people off.

Really though, it´s all in the way you talk to people. Not you specifically. People make threads saying "This move/character/variation looks like total garbage and I think NRS should pull their heads out of their ass because I can´t see this being good at all", and then they are surprised when they see that they have provoked hostility in people´s responses. Well, stop projecting so much negativity, and that won´t happen. Instead, why not keep things grounded with something like "Hey so-and-so community, I´m not clear on the utility of this (whatever). What do you think it could be used for?"
tbh the problem is some people dont think and dont read full posts they selectively read and respond to what they chose to see.i didnt project any negativity,the name of the thread is a question and in my initial post i ask questions. i dont say "its useless" i state that its a very real possibility that is hasnt been completely shown off yet (even though other variations have pretty much been). so i shouldnt have to change my wording to accommodate the inability to read of other people.

this isnt the first thread ive made i always say something then have another underlying message that gets completely ignored by someone who doesnt have the mental capacity to decipher what i actually mean and just reads a few words and gets outraged and breaks their keyboard lol

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
As a big Ermac guy myself, no interest in Spectral...it will be the least used, telling you guys now lol. He's too open, he can't block and it's temporary. I don't see it being used in serious high level gameplay on or offline honestly.

Guys, Kung Lao's Tempest doesn't even look that good. All he does is throw his hat and run with it, but what if you just jump over them and Kung Lao just runs past you? That variation seems useless
I also noticed his tele now goes down and not up, I wonder if that'll make a big difference too.

As a big Ermac guy myself, no interest in Spectral...it will be the least used, telling you guys now lol. He's too open, he can't block and it's temporary. I don't see it being used in serious high level gameplay on or offline honestly.

I also noticed his tele now goes down and not up, I wonder if that'll make a big difference too.
Instant airs

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
i didnt project any negativity,the name of the thread is a question and in my initial post i ask questions. i dont say "its useless"
so im sure im not the only one who feels like this variation is either completely useless or hasnt been shown off fully yet, the questions are why? and whats going on with it?i

Last edited:

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Look at Fred and Mayo with those baller Bold/Edit cancels! Seven weeks out, and that tech is already poppin. :x

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Instant airs
Doesnt seem worth it, besides is cancelling is I hard u,u,d thats too much and you can do instant airs with mos air fireballs.

Of course I will make sure, but I just predict his air getting punished by fast tp moves or by moves like raidens superman.

Last edited:

haketh

Noob
Doesnt seem worth it, besides is cancelling is I hard u,u,d thats too much and you can do instant airs with mos air fireballs.

Of course I will make sure, but I just predict his air getting punished by fast tp moves or by moves like raidens superman.
You know he can teleport during his flight and he has the air charge right? He most likely won't be as free to these things as you think. And unless they've sudden;y gave Raiden a Diagonal Superman I don't see how that will be relevant seeing how Ermac's strikes while in flight are pretty quick so you can harry & harrass a bit, thus making a Superman charge a read.

One thing I see people keep bringing up are Projectiles like Kano's diagonal Eye Lazer but y'all keep forgetting Ermac can so far from what we've seen teleport during flight & he gets a conversion off of his teleport now, the risk/reward for Kano doing Eye Lazer to AA Ermac is pretty low. Hell from what we've seen more projectiles that could contest the flight have Risk/Reward skewed in Ermac favor. Yeah Kitana & Kung Lao have Air Horizontal & Arced projectiles respectively that they can get combos out of but they're on the slow side while Ermac's teleport is relativley quick for now. Theirs a ton of variables people that wanna write this variation off before we've even seen the full moveset aren't thinking of.

I thought this was a kl thread ol is going to have instant airs

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
LOL, dafuq is going on here?

i feel like we need a pre-release useless variation tier list.
Master of Storms Raiden, Brawler Cassie, Inferno Scorpion, Spectral Ermac, Deceptive Reptile, to name a few. At least that's what i've been reading on TYM recently, a bunch of people who haven't touched the game saying variation X or Y is Useless.

Last edited:

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
The so called "useless" variation, capture my attention more then varation that look familiar like Mystic Ermac that is very similar to MK9 Ermac.
Since now, we know a little about Spectral Ermac but seems useful against character that doesn't have strong zoning tool or diagonal/air projectile.
If he can cancel his fly move, it could be interesting...
Fake cross-up or potential resets using fly cancel seems a good way to use this variation if it's possibile.
So, I'm looking forward to this variation before saying that it's not good.
We didn't even know if he has some diving move like Hawkgirl during flight that can add pressure on the opponent.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I predict in the future someone is going to show how useless Spectral Ermac is and make all the doubters jaws drop.